[FE8] Sacred Redux v2.5.3 [COMPLETE]

Implemented the bow effectiveness changes in case you want to update your rom and try it out. The only exceptions are the Steel Bow (with its range it would be too OP), the short bow (its brave and isn’t meant to be strong), and the poison bow (the poison should do the rest).

1 Like

Hello again, the village on the upper left of the map on chapter 17 can’t be visited, is that by design? also, there are churches and ruins now, are there any secrets related to them?

The village should be visitable, I’ve fixed it and updated the patch. And yes, there are secrets related to the southern church and cemetery. The church by the village acts as a house and gives an item. Visit the houses to get hints for the secret.

2 Likes

I see that you changed the xp formula, I think that’s for the best, although Myrrh still gains a lot of xp even with blossom, which I dont particularly mind, just saying. The village on the upper left is fixed and it can be visited, but you mentioned the church by the village acting like a house and giving an item, but now it can’t be visited.

Spoiler

the houses talk about the lower church being haunted and past wars, and the red text says summon… unfortunately I dont currently have a summoner on my party… does that mean the secret is lost for me? if it is, how worth it is it? cause I’d have to restart the map and finish training Ewan and Knoll, cause I have yet to promote them…

Another thing I noticed is that, despite the cap for luck being more than 30 for many characters, they dont seem to ever gain more luck pass 30, even when their growth rates for luck are 50% or more, like Ross for instance (who’s an absolute beast) or Amelia…

I’ll look into the church. You should be able to visit it.

Secret

Yeah it is lost to you. But all it does is summon some powerful green phantoms to help you out. The church however gives you some items, but you don’t need a summoner for that.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s a display glitch. Luck is not tied to the characters since you can’t give everyone luck. So it caps out at 30, but it displays 45. I don’t think increasing luck to 45 is a good idea for balance. So it’ll always look uncapped even though it does cap out at 30.

1 Like

aye I uhh… just wanted to ask how development is going

Hey! It’s been going well. Fixing some bugs, tweaking some things and adding more little events. How has your playthrough been? Encountered any issues? Or just general thoughts/opinions?

1 Like

I’ve been having a rough time currently on chap 14 and will start paying by the way I tried blood’s FE8 hack it’s good but it doesn’t has things that ur hack has so pretty much there both good and I love them oh by any chance will u do another project oh and one more thing I really loved colm’s assassin animation from blood’s hack over all im having a great experince

(after training ross)

Lol Jesus Christ, is that your Ross at Ch. 14? And which Ch. 14, Ephraim or Eirika? I know Ephraim’s Ch. 14 has some tight timing.

im playing on both and and trying to train ross at the same time but erika route turned out better and ephraim’s route ross just had one less speed point they were equally same(lol)

Yeah, he’s absurdly strong. Funny enough I barely get to use him since I have to play test so fast, usually just run with Garcia. But once I’m finished, I’ll def use him.

nice.

im not actually a fan of garcia but its ur choice

1 Like

Yeah, Ross is definitely better lol. I just don’t have time to train him when I have to test the game. If it was my choice I’d go with Ross too!

nice.will u be making any other project after finishing this?

Oh yeah, I want to do the same thing for FE7. I might wait for the FE7 to FE8 engine hack to be finished and work from that, since the modding tools for FE8 are more extensive. I was also thinking about doing a hack from scratch, but I would not want to undertake that alone, so that is still up in the air.

ok if u want to rework FE7 then id recommend checking out the FE7 electric boogaloo and taking suggestions from it. The creator lagspike made it pretty intresting but sadly he accidentally deleted it.(I never got a chance to play it :frowning: .

1 Like

Wow, that’s unfortunate. I can’t imagine putting that much time into something just to lose it. Where can I find it since it’s deleted?