[FE8] Sacred Redux v2.5.3 [COMPLETE]

I hadn’t had the time to test it again, Dont know if you updated the patch yet. As of the time when I first reported, these spots did nothing for Lute nor Arthur, and I’m pretty sure I stepped on at least 2 of those marked for each one of them. The only one that worked was the blue one, that, as you mentioned, worked with any character.
When I have the time again, I’ll test it once more after you update the patch, cause I dont know if you were able to do it already. Do you think I’ll be able to test it properly just resuming the chapter, or will I have to start it over from the beginning?

Oh, and by saying the blue spot works I just mean that it triggers the text message from the character, but nothing really happens afterwards that I can notice, no item, no boost, nothing.

Hmmm okay. I’ll play test it again just to be sure. Cause I don’t know what could be the issue off the top of my head. I checked the event script and it looks fine.

I’m playing on hard mode, if it makes any difference

Ok, I tried again and was able to get 2 books with Arthur and 2 books with Lute (bolgalone and hail), the one in the lower left corner didnt get anything, not even a message. Tried send Gillian to the Library to get the advanced combat thing, he doesn’t have a specific quote while entering the library and again, the advanced combat tactics (blue spot) doesnt do anything. Tried with many different character to open the door, but it always glitches the game if you watch the whole cutscene, and if you skip it, nothing happens (unless you’re meant to only get the characters after siezing and ending the chapter, is that it?).

I even tried to leave only one character in the library and open the door, cause I saw that one of the glitches was a graphic one before freezing over the other units inside… but the issue remained. One time instead of glitching it just reset the game. I’m using vba by the way.

Alright glad that part is working out. Gilliam is the character that gets something extra out of it but his event is…

here

The top right “bird” pillar. As for the third book it’s in the bottom right pillar, I made a mistake cause I moved the spot recently.

As for the characters, they are meant to join automatically, but I will check out the script.

1 Like

I kept playing and they do join automatically, but not during the map, only afterwards, they show up in the character selection after choosing the routes. Great characters by the way.

Oh okay, that’s weird. I finally got to the chapter during my latest play test run. I changed some event formats and when I played, the join occured right after the event, even if you skip it. Hope it doesn’t give anyone else more trouble. Thanks for letting me know, and helping with that.

The UPS has been updated.

And glad you like the characters; I plan on fleshing them out just a tad moving forward.

I have a question about one of your changes

Spoilers

Are there any meaningful consequences when it comes to the choice of letting live or destroying the creature experiments? Do they influence any gameplay elements, or is just some kind of alternative story ending potential and stuff?

None at all, it’s just whether or not you want some cool gimmick units. But it does cause that visual glitch on the unit selection screen. Haven’t figured out how to fix it yet. I have some ideas for giving actual consequences to the choice, but I haven’t figured out how to implement them yet, so for now it’s just a narrative thing mostly.

1 Like

So you can actually get those as playable units?

Yes! Your main team will likely be better. But they’re more meant to have fun with the creature campaign.

1 Like

I dont know if this was a problem before, cause I wasnt using Neimi but… this doesn’t look like double effectiveness.

That’s because the Netherstrand targets RES, so it’s not as good as a regular bow against Peg Knights.

Do you have anything more planned for this? It looks really good and I saw hard mode was in beta.

1 Like

the iron bow and long bow weren’t doing any better also, a promoted sniper that cant one shot falcon knights is strange to say the least, I’ll see how it goes on the next map

That is strange. I don’t remember him having issues against falco knights. But my last playthrough was Eirika route, so he was stronger by chapter 15.

Hard mode is fully balanced. I am calling this version beta because I’ve added some new units and events that I have yet to fully test.

But yes I do have just one or two more ideas planned, then I’ll be done with the hack.

1 Like

Yah, the bows didn’t seem to be super effective, but I dont recall if that was the case with Gillian tbh, maybe cause he had a lot of strength. Doesn’t really matter though, I usually like using archers, but personally can’t stand either Neime nor Innes… and there are already plenty of good units to use so, I dont really care, the best use I get from the Orion’s bolt is to help Dozla decapitate fools.

That’s fair. I always end up using Innes because his range once he gets Bowrange+ and Nidhogg combo are really good. Some people have said it’s useful against Formotiis. It’s not life saving, but he can be very good especially on Eirika Route where he gets a few extra levels. I don’t use Neimi either, I’m making an effort to use her in this playthrough cause Ranger is actually pretty nice, though Xander is good for that too.

I get what you’re saying though. I didn’t give Bows high damage due to arrows not being as lethal as melee weapons realistically. But I’ll give bows their 3x effectiveness back to make up for it, see how that works out.