[FE8] Sacred Echoes [v1.1] [COMPLETE]

I’ve never seen this bug before, what emulator are you using and do you have a savestate I could use to test?

I was actually playing it on my 3ds (via Virtual Console Injection) which turned out to be the problem. After exporting my save to my PC and playing it on VBA I managed to promote him without it freezing.

1 Like

What are some elements you plan to add? Like, is it planned for a playable axe user (non-armor knight) to appear? Besides the Female Sage, are other classes getting a tier 3?

Atlas is going to be the Axe user. Someone else is taking the role as Celica’s villager.

can you infinitely repromote dread fighter?

addendum: how will reclassing be handled in general?

Definite adds:

• Woodcutter -> Axeman - > Highlander (Axe + Bow) classline for Atlas
  • Class-based movement skills (e.g. Pivot for armors)

Possible adds:

• Dark Magic class promotions for certain units (possibly through a gaiden chapter/special item?)
  • Dracoknight as possible flier T3?
  • Free roaming maps (depends how feasible that is to program)
  • Mila’s Turnwheel as a usable option (kind of on the fence about this, as there’s a limit on how far back you can store previous actions)

A lot of these will come as Act 3 gets developed, it really depends on what the gameplay needs. I don’t plan to add things just for cool factor if they’re going to make things difficult to balance around.

Also, yes, you can infinitely loop through Villager -> Merc -> Dread Fighter -> Villager just like in the original games. Female Villagers now have access to that too via Villager -> F!Mage -> Dread Fighter too.

12 Likes

hehehe

12 Likes

Hi, I encountered a bug, if you kill Slayde during the enemy phase and Desaix has a unit he can attack, after he teleports out in the cutscene he returns again to attack and stays for the rest of the fight. He also doesn’t regenerate after that even on the throne.
bug

Thank you for the gif and detailed instructions! It’s been reported before but I wasn’t able to reproduce. I’ll look into this.

1 Like

I’ve already finished the game, it is good!! Looking forward to your update thanks!!

I play most of my GBA games like that. I convert my .gba roms into .cia files that I install in my New 3DS XL with the help of the FBI app.

If you want to inject a .gba rom of this hack and make a .cia file you can use these:
Fire_Emblem_Echoes_cover Fire Emblem The Sacred Echoes

These are the cover and banner pictures that I used to create my .cia file of this hack.
See: 1 2 3

7 Likes

A new patch has been released.

We are currently looking for playtesters to help with the design and balance of Hard mode, as it has been taking a backseat to getting the basegame experience where we want it to be. Please reach out on the Discord if you have the skills and the time to help out!

23 Likes

love your game if you finish it let me know because I will enjoy it a lot since I don’t have 3ds: ') a greeting

1 Like

citra emulator is free

1 Like

Ok uwu but i cant Play citra emulador xd

1 Like

I’m japanese, so I can’t write English well.
I’ve played this hack.It’s very fan for me.
I’ve encounted a bug and I report.

The bug is I can’t use SUPPRY.
This often caused.
Stock maximum is 0 and I can take pegacheeze infinity.

If you can fix this bug,please fix by next version.
FE8_Sacred Echoes_20200507ver_01

5 Likes

Hello and thank you for reporting!
I was able to reproduce the bug, finally.
I will fix it in the next version.

I think it is caused by a save data issue. The next version will rebuild the save data because the worldmap is expanding, so you will need to play again from the beginning when it is released.

6 Likes

Thé game is finish (historie (final boss in game?))

I am french

1 Like

No, the final boss is not in the game yet.

2 Likes

How do I play this on android. I tried to patch it to FE8 (it’s the one that’s needed right?) But it says the rom is incompatible.