[FE8] Sacred Echoes [v1.1] [COMPLETE]

A new version is out!

This new release covers all of Act 3, fully expands the worldmap, implements the party split with 2 lords on the worldmap, and fixes the vast majority of bugs and limitations from the Act 2 release. If you’ve played the beta releases of Act 3, your save file from that playthrough will be compatible with the new patch. Save files from the previous Act 2 release will not work!

Please note that chapters 3A-5 through 3A-7, and 3C-6 through 3C-7, as well as the two shrines and the Act 1 gaiden chapter, have not been playtested thoroughly, so please report any gameplay issues here. I’ll be taking a short break, but I’ll release another update when I return to round up any remaining bugs and balance issues.

Happy Gaiden Day!

39 Likes

I’ve been waiting for this

3 Likes

Uploaded a hotfix for some minor issues in 1-7 and 1-7x.
EDIT: Also uploaded a fix for some issues in the Tatarrah chapter. There is 1 report so far about issues with the ending events, please provide details if this happens to you.

4 Likes

Uncertain if mentioned earlier. Second shrine prior to recruiting Clive, wells that give defense and strength seem to be endless.

hi i cant open the door, im stuck here

i think its the third shrine where it give resistance from the fountain

There’s a bug in the map where a necodragon first appeared in Celica’s route which lets you use the fountains as many times as you want. Not that I’d mind tbh :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just made this account just to say that this hack is amazing you and your team are aswell. On the note of bugs on the puppeteer chapter when I try to seize with alm the screen dims black for a second and the map continues and alm is stuck in some kind of state where I can move immediatley after wating without passing turns seems essentially giving alm infinite movement seems Im softlocked or something.

Also are there any ideas or plans to add weapon arts/combat arts to specific
weapons?

Please redownload the latest patch, this one’s been reported and I released a day 1 fix for this issue.

I forgot a door event lol, I’ll be putting a patch up tomorrow that will fix this.

This one’s still under investigation but apparently it’s something to do with it being a “skirmish”/repeatable map. There is a hotfix programmed in that will fix your save data if you run into this, so your save data won’t be corrupted in the meantime

after the puppeteer chapter, seizing the throne, after a few dialogues the screen goes black

I’ve uploaded a fix for this, it will also allow you to retreat from Sylvan Shrine/Dragon Shrine after you have beaten them once. Latest patch version is 2021-03-27.

After this I’ll have a bigger update which fixes all the non-critical stuff (such as the lion heads issues) and includes a ton of new animations I’ve been working on!

5 Likes

after the puppeteer chapter, seizing the throne, after a few dialogues the screen goes black

any help with this ?

Hey, Gamma. Just a general question: Are you making this hack via FEBuilder, or via a Buildfile?

1 Like

That is the end of the demo, so it’s not likely to get fixed until Act 4 releases.

All actual changes to the basegame are done via buildfile, though I use FEBuilder to visualize enemy placements, edit tilesets, format CGs, dig up graphics offsets, configure animation scripts/palettes, and general research purposes. It’s a good GUI for things that I need a GUI for.

4 Likes

Ohh, smart. I never even thought of that!

Is this hack doable with girls only run + Alm?

How many acts will there be in the completed version? Looking forward to it!

i also want to know if this is complete

its clearly not

There will be 4 acts (technically 5 but act 5 is just the endgame chapter). So there are still about 16 maps left to do in total.

4 Likes