[FE8] Port FE7 to FE8 [NEW VERSION]

TODAY 03/DIC/21, We finally bring you the first public release.
I will later add some screenshots. Remember you’re welcome always to own Discord, where you can help us (Link in First Post).

This release includes:

• Lyn Mode (Complete)
  • Up to Chapter 13x for Eliwood Story
  • Hector’s Story only has a chapter

Improves

• Promotion Tree (With new palettes for all characters)
  • World Map (Still have vanilla nodes but this will change later)

Errors & Bugs Know

• Late the chapter 13x[E] “Pedler Merlinus” and chapter 11[H] “A New Journey” you could start more chapters but is possible occurs some screen freezes, we recommend don’t play further after the chapters indicated before; because the game is on developing and the game takes the vanilla scenes and more things and this do the error.
  • Later of complete the Ch. 10 “Distant Plains” the map have a little glitch during the transition, but you can continue playing.
  • Maybe are more but I can’t remember all.

And right now we’re working on build a new Version with More Chapters Playables

4 Likes

FE7 ported to FE8 v1 Release_1638599327224
Starting from chapter 1, Lyn won’t appear on the unit list but still appears on the map (this can also happen to defeated allies). If you move everyone except Lyn (or/and any defeated unit), your turn ends. After you get access to the preparation screen, she (or any defeated ally) just dissappears.

I tried having both Sain and Kent (but not Lyn) die in chapter 1, and it causes a game over.

2 Likes

Thanks for marking it, we’ll check it soon.

1 Like

I have two questions for you, is for check best the problem.

1. What emulator are you using?
  2. Are you have any save data that you can share with us?

I’m using My Boy on android. I’ll try to send you the save file or a save state via dm.

1 Like

I happen to have that same issue to as DarkPrince so I took a peak into FeBuilder and saw this code.

This is what causing that error. I removed this line of code and it worked like normal like a charm.

Unrelated, but I saw that the gates in your version have a defense and avoid of 3 and 30 instead of vanilla 2 and 20. This makes the Batta fight last an extra turn. (Or 2 if you miss which is very possible with an 83)

Last but not least, I do not know if this was an intentional change, but Wil auto spawns on turn 3 unlike in the original.

2 Likes

He also joins automatically in the original

Well, I updated the link with the new version.

We revise the changes and fixes

Now I remember that occurred some time ago, and was fixed in the last versions. Even so, I eliminated this command in this version.

I just changed it to be more faithful to the original.

And how @DarkPrinceRick says:

I change the event for one time finished up to the chapter 13x[E] and 11[H] you return to the title screen.

And a little change with the fade.

I believe that’s all for now.

P. S: I’m working with more maps, I’m starting to edit chapter 18[E] “Dread Isle”.

2 Likes

@DarkPrinceRick and @Jj09 thanks for mark all errors it and suggesting possible solutions.

1 Like

turn 8No WIl

I just booted up a vanilla rom with the tutorial disable patch and eight turns later he still didn’t auto spawn from the village. Am I the only one this happens to? Anyway, I like the auto spawn change.

Nobody reported anything similar during the tests, which is a little strange.
And don’t worry about the tutorial, for now, was eliminated.

Thats interesting… Funny how no matter how many times you test run things can still break. I will keep a look out on some more bugs and other things as I play.

Sounds good. I recomend you join to the discord server, for report any error you found.

1 Like

I don’t know if this is fixed or not
But when i reached siblings aboard chapter lyn isn’t in the map nor she is in the battle preparation menu

What version are you using? v1 or v1.1? I believe this error was fixed in version v1.1

Then i must be using the old patch silly me i apologize

1 Like

Don’t worry, only change your patch

1 Like

I wanted to ask r u doing new animations?(if so then can u add helmless salvaged paladin cause I love them but its up to u if u want to or not)

Maybe not, could be possible for the “plus version”. But for this version IDK, I need to ask the other developer.

“plus version”?(also no new animations,pain)