FE8 kaitou patch (All 64 Chapters + 2 village JP/EN)

The last version [20200826] is not available, is this intentional or an error?

Edit
Thanks for the link and the fast response!

The current final version is 20201103.

fe8_kaitou20201103.7z

4 Likes

The new map ch32 Magic Laboratory has been added.
This brings the total to 64 chapters.
units

It’s not a difficult map, if you follow the instructions in the shinan guide.
However, if you play without reading it, this map may be difficult because it is a little different from a normal map.

There is save data for those who just want to play this chapter.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/145137778710151168/883316802686427136/fe8kaitou.emulator.SAV

And, a little while ago, we achieved Soundroom 255.
This work has become the work with the largest amount of music.
sound room255

Download:

ED Staffroll/Thanks:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CE1H4KgvoKQ

5 Likes

#all_age
This work depicts a thief, but there are only two scenes where people die in the final scene.
As explained in the early shinan, they hate murder by kaitou’s philosophy(kaitou’s Aesthetics).
It’s a much healthier work than any other work that depicts mass murder in war.
Therefore, even children can play with peace of mind.

5 Likes

Sound room 1000 Completed!

To see the Sound room, you need to clear ch4.
Also, only the songs you listen to will be registered, and you need to clear the game to see all the songs.
There are 64 chapters in total, and it will take you about 100 hours to complete the game, but I think you can do it if you keep playing for 5 days without sleeping.
Patches such as the sound room unlock are still available, so you may want to try rewriting the asm in FEBuilderGBA or something similar.

1 Like

Are difficult and lunatic tested and completable? or only normal?

And what does back stage chapters mean? gaiden chapters??

It is possible to clear the game with Lunatic.
I have cleared it twice in the past with Lunatic.
However, it is not recommended for the first time, because you need to understand the specifications of this game and act accordingly.
Please play it after clearing Normal or Hard first.

And what does back stage chapters mean? gaiden chapters??

This is an adventure in a slightly different world from the main story.
Once you have conquered all of these backstage stages(ura-stages), the game will be complete.
In the original Legend of Zelda, it’s Ura-Zelda.
In Portal, it’s after the Cake sign.
If anything, that’s the main game.
Use the power of your well-trained party to clear stages of high difficulty and reach your goal.

At the moment, unfortunately, the text is quite hard to read, as it is based on the deepl translation.
We are looking for suggestions for improvement, and would be happy to hear them.

Or if you find a bug, please report it.

I have a new title logo, which I have been using since the first version.

new
fe8kaitou

old
fe8kaitou_old_logo

6 Likes

When I tried to go to Imu village from the world map, it softlocked. When I tried to simply skip the text, it froze with a black screen. Using my boy emulator. Playing in Japanese. Is there a way to continue?

1 Like

This is a recent bug.
It has been fixed and the patch should be updated.
Fixed in 20220608.

Since the worldmap skirmishes were not used, I tried to shave off that ASM area to save space.
As a result, it appears that some of the event instructions were broken.
I thought I had fixed that but did it the wrong way.

Thanks for reporting the bug.

mov r0, #0x00
bx lr

The problem occurred because I modified it as follows, which should have been done as above

bx lr

Another bug has been found, please use 20220609 or later.
I had intended to prohibit AI dancing in some situations, but the bug caused the carriage to freeze trying to dance. lol.

I like this game but im having an issue with the ch19 pirates
They are so strong and their reinforcements coming from everywhere
Can you make the enemy characters not so strong? Because they can kill anyone with just one hit!!

1 Like

Which difficulty level have you chosen?
I think it is not so difficult on Normal because all the enemies are unpromoted.

In this chapter, everyone in player army is promoted except the main character, and you are overwhelming the enemy with your status.
Use the torch to search for the enemy.
in this game, Torches and Restore can be found in the store of the advance preparation.

If you chose Hard or Lunatic for the difficulty, that is your own fault.
The difficulty level starts to increase around this point because the enemies are coming to kill you in earnest.
It is hard if you don’t train your allies in the training stage until then.

As was explained extensively in shinan, it is important to make sure that members other than the protagonists, especially the children of freed slaves, are properly raised.
If they have been raised and are Promoted, you can expect them to be a force to be reckoned with.
The game expects them to be Promoted after ch19.

In that case, their stats should be over 20 because all but the main character is promtoed.
Since they is able to overwhelm the enemy with his luck and speed, they should have enough firepower to repel the enemy onslaught.
The enemy has a large amount of statbooster, so use that to your advantage and train your units.

umm…, let’s drop the lvl of the enemy’s flying squadron a little.

I think shinan’s translation is probably not working.
I am translating based on machine translation, but since I am not good at English, I am not translating very well.
Any help for better translation would be appreciated.
If you could provide me with the TextID and the translated text, I would be happy.

And, this game is stuck if you try to attack with a small group of elite.
The elite few is one of the most common FE play styles.
It is a way to break the game balance and clear the game by concentrating experience on certain units.
However, this does not work in this game.

In this game, you need manpower to steal.
Also, the WeaponTriangle is set to 50, so anti-units are always needed.
In addition, the avoidance bonus of Supports is also set high, so it is important to have a good support relationship between units.
Therefore, if you try to clear the game with only a few units, you will fail.

You can easily max out your support in town. (This is because aid is going 30 times faster in the town.)
If you want to change your support partner, you can pay 1000 goals to Turna-san in the lower left house in town.

The strategy is to efficiently use the Lee, which is stronger from the start.
You may want to remove Lee’s weapon and leave him empty-handed to stall the enemy.
Also, if you set Mulder to weapon level D, you can use Nosferatu (lyzaia), which is useful to stall enemies.
The play style is to use these weapons to stall the enemy while everyone steals statbooster to destroy the enemy.

バッグ発見!
13章、マーレイに襲われると、変なテックストとバトルアニメーションは始まりません。
でも、マーレイを襲うと、スタート押すならいい。

1 Like

This is a bug.
It has been fixed in the latest version.

It is the result of three bugs occurring at the same time.

1. for various reasons, we slid the class ID of the Dragon Master, but I forgot to rewrite the class of the Marley.
  2. that the wrongly assigned class Salamander has no range motion.
  3. because the text of his BattleQuote was missing for some reason.

These three reasons caused this bug.
I have fixed all of them.

Thank you for the bug report.

your Translation for the game is very good
The weapons… And the texts… You translated almost everything and thats great work
Are you planning to translate more fire emblem jpn hacks? Like(yggdra or any other hack) it would be great if you translate more japan roms
Hope this soon

I have my hands full with just my own work.
To begin with, I am not good at English, so please do not expect me to translate.
I cannot translate well without deepl or google translate, and even then sometimes the sentences are unintelligible.

However, the results of kaitou’s translation will be feed back to FEBUilderGBA’s ROM translation tools and translation patches, so I can indirectly help with translation.
I think many translated works are working with my DrawSingleByte Patch.

2 Likes

質問がありまーす。
外伝章じゃなくて、裏章があると言いました?ボナスステージみたい?それとも、裏章にはストーリーが続いていますか?そして、裏章にたどり着くの条件が?

でもー、本当は、超楽しい。ありがとう!
ユワン奴隷を見ると、プフっと笑った。(今は14章)

This is not a bonus stage.
It is another story.
Ch33 is the Final chapter, and once you complete it, the Hidden stage(裏面) will begin.
There are a total of 30 Hidden stages.
Unit status and items will continue.
Therefore, there are 64 chapters in total in this game, including the prologue chapters.
1 + 33 + (9 + 9 + 12) = 64

If you complete the entire game, start the Hidden stage.
If you also clear all hidden stage, you have completely cleared the game.
Ch33 Final can be considered as a kind of turnaround point.

If you clear all of them, you will unlock all of the sound rooms.
If you have cleared the cheat, it will not be valid.

It is important to train units to take advantage of the Hidden stage.
It is possible to train units in Hidden, but because the enemy is also strong.

I tried the new patch and from the begining…
After i finish the proluge
And enter chapter 1
The girl that buy elixirs frozen suddenly

I tried to restart it but the same happends