[FE8] Justice & Pride: Book 2 - [CANCELLED]

Part 3 of Book 2 will be releasing before long.
In Part 3, the perspective shifts to Aderyn as she travels to the island nation of Dangar to seek assistance in the conflict gripping Irona.

Features to look foward to:

• Play as Aderyn’s army, with both old faces and newcomers
  • Experiment with new Dangarian classes such as Raider and Tribalist.
  • See new types of maps that were rare or not present in Book 1.
  • A desert map with 100% item find rates for all classes.
  • New music
Spoiler
  • In 3-E, merge with Ella’s army and use your favorite units from both parties for the remainder of the game (as it gets released)

emulator emulator emulator emulator emulator

4 Likes

You have achieved great power

The real mannnn!
Staff power lmao

Good stuff, here’s some issues.

• Great Knights have 6 movement, I doubt this is intended since they’re axe-locked and promote from 7 move Axe Knights with no branch promotion. Rip Celine :frowning:
  • Bows are effective against female thieves.
  • Lorena has two Fiery Bloods. Doesn’t seem to do anything, just looks weird.
  • The houses on 1-6 and 2-1 are unvisitable.
  • Yuto’s mug clones itself at the end of his battle conversation with Adrian.
  • The enemy thieves on 2-7 are hamstrung, first of all the one on the left can’t do his job because there’s a stationary armour parked next to the only entrance to the left treasure room (and if that armour’s dead then you clearly have that area under control anyway), and secondly, instead of leaving the map when they have nothing left to do, they just move to the upper-left corner of whatever room they’re in and stay there.
  • The Manakete map sprite turns into a thief with a pink outline when fighting with animations off.
  1. The GK having 6 mov was a vanilla detail I forgot to fix when splitting the cavs.
  2. Lorena will now have Sol as the second skill.
  3. Yuto’s cloning is caused by me not erasing Adrian’s sprite in the battle quote.
  4. The thieves now have escape points.
  5. I’m not sure if there’s a lot I can do about the manakete thing, since it messes with the female thief moving sprites and vice versa.

All issues except the manakete ones will have their fixes in the next patch.

3 Likes
The team so far

Really powerful mage lord from the word go, even stronger than book 1 Aderyn thanks to FireThani and the enemy composition post-bandit-arc consisting almost entirely of cavs and armours (which is accurate to Kaga I guess). Mine appears to have gotten pretty speed blessed and magic screwed? I did give her a speedwing early on though. Probably should have given her the energy ring too because there were a lot of times when she was close to one-shotting things with siege tomes while in Yuto/Julien range, but close isn’t enough. Does she really need celerity on promotion though?

5 move armours aren’t woke enough so how about a 6 move one who is also part of your prologue squad. Low growths and mediocre-looking bases (Def aside) on a level 1 unpromoted unit be damned, this guy is probably the most overpowered unit in the game, he’s the only person who can just enemy phase relentlessly for most of it and his super-move makes doing that very easy, with his only real worries being anti-armour weapons (which seem oddly sparse for a Kaga-inspired game) and mages. He was my first promotion due to being the first person to reach level 10 and the weapon triangle control and strong 2 range just cemented his position on the team even harder. There were several points in part 2 where I would have been forced to retreat to a different position if it weren’t for the fact that he could equip a steel bow, survive a bunch of archers shooting at him on enemy phase, and one-shot most of them in return. Right now he’s halfway to S swords and when he gets there he’ll be the ultimate capturebot too.

I feel like this guy might be SLIGHTLY strength blessed. Made him an archer because I didn’t see the appeal of the other two options, and now that I have a more complete picture of the class setup, I still don’t see it. His stats do not complement melee classes at all. His low skill doesn’t go great with the axes of Fighter, and his paper mache defenses mean he doesn’t want to eat counters which is a thing Fighters and especially Brawlers often have to do. As an archer his meaty chip damage has been invaluable all game long. And just like Thomas, he promoted the moment he hit 10. This hack has really gotten me in the habit of promoting extremely early, given how long it takes to reach level 10, how high your stats tend to be at that point already, and the fact that you get flooded with master seals several chapters before you have any hope of reaching level 10 on anyone.

Merchant Lance is a pretty fun gimmick, with that and the luck relic doubling his despoil chance I got enough red gems that that I never had to go out of the way to make difficult captures unless it was for unbuyable stuff. He got pretty tanky after a while too just like his book 1 iteration.

Not a great performer early on due to shaky accuracy, no bulk and facing crit rate constantly, but I stuck with her because she didn’t have to enemy phase to double things unlike Boey, and since this is Kaga I figured she might promote to Warrior like her brother. Was not disappointed, bows really fix all of her flaws. Not the biggest fan of how much her recruitment process slows down her map though, maybe don’t give her a hand axe until she joins?

Being an archer alone already makes her really good, having a full retinue of thief powers and acrobat on top of that just makes her a shoe-in. Misha who?

The only person who waited a very long time for his promotion (besides Ella who can’t use master seals) since most of the other promotion candidates would actually get something out of it besides more move - level 16 - and boy does it not show at all. Fortunately he doesn’t need stats to do any of the things he does. Charm, best rescuer, high mobility healing and staffing… if I stick with him enough he’ll eventually be a secondary siege tome spammer too. Unless I happen to get several other anima mages in the interim.

What the heck are her stats. Way to just completely upstage Kenneth. Can you believe that this is yet another level 10 promotion? And I actually think she got screwed in all her growths except defense…

Sword-locked prince class that isn’t your main lord? Maybe he becomes a master knight since this is Kaga. And lo and behold, we have another member of Bow Gang. I don’t care how poorly he’s been growing, 8 move chip is that nice to have.

I swear her re-move trigger rate is like twice as much as her luck. Dancer/10, not much else to say.

If he didn’t join at level 10 allowing me to just take a sneak peek at his promotion, I would never have bothered with him because of how iffy his bases are in comparison to everyone I was rolling with at the time. With that mug and that name, this was just about the last sword-wielding class I expected him to promote to. One of the few units I didn’t stick with a level 10 promo for, but level 13, because I actually wanted to squeeze a few more points of str/spd out of him (didn’t work out so well). MAGE KILLER isn’t such a meme when enemy mages are actually scary for nearly everyone else and you have absolute overkill amounts of resistance on player phase. Well, not too hot at the “killer” part with that strength unless he leans on the Kingmaker or gets a shamshir crit. He’s probably the next candidate for the bench since Alexandra isn’t that much worse at his job and has mobility on her side; Kingmaker/Shamshir do make him pretty good at capturing but soon Thomas will have that market cornered.

Axe knight who doesn’t care one bit about the downsides of axes thanks to her personal. The only reason she got levels before promotion was because I didn’t immediately have master seals on hand, and boy did those levels not disappoint. Having too little aid to capture/rescue is a pretty fair tradeoff for having probably the best combat of any melee unit short of Thomas. Learning that she lost move on promotion really hurt but that’s being fixed so w/e.

Other people who almost made the cut:

Stephen: A pretty standard jeigan. I could see him lasting longer than the point I benched him (halfway through part 2) thanks to mount utility and the leadership star, but by that point his durability is suspect and he doesn’t bring much else to the table when your primary strategy is to throw Thomas into a crowd on enemy phase and then have Bow Gang come in on player phase to delete all the survivors. Oh well, he did his job.

Jane: Made her a peg knight because it’s not like you have any other fliers at the time she reaches promotion level. The flier utility was nice for a while until Alexandra one-upped her. I was THIS close to making her yet another archer. I probably would have ended up using her all game if I did. Still struggling to see the appeal of Myrmidon over either of those two options, especially since Flyn exists and joins on the same map that you’re likely to promote her on.

Cole: Earth sword was a big carry throughout part 1, but then deployment slots got tighter and more and more and more people joined who aren’t completely reliant on a prf to contribute in the land of Archer Good, so he got the sack.

Damian: A victim of join time + blind run. If I’d known how much the game would drown me in capturable anima siege tomes halfway through part 2, I’d have kept him on the team just like that.

Marina: Looks amazing out of the gate unlike Rodrick, even before promotion she already has the same defense and more speed than my Thomas on enemy phase, with movement being her only weakness. Sadly I didn’t have enough master seals or deployment slots floating around to give her a try.

emulator
Meanwhile I had the weirdest Andy ever.

I was thinking of potentially doing a more Gaiden style story in the future on another continent.

As a fair note, as a result of having to adjust things for the Skill System update in FEBuilder, the next update will be delayed significantly.

I’ve gotten back to where I was when development went on hiatus due to the skill systems update, so I’m glad to say that development of new content has resumed!

2 Likes

Bruh that andy will cap str soon and waste the good res cap, and i think im going with a dodgetank lord (to hell with the str mag split (thats not a pokemon game)) who dont atk
Gaiden style… U mean the fe6 gaiden chaps style or fe2?

I’m referring to FE2.

The J&P discord server is now open!

Lemme know if the link expires.

The server’s meant for the J&P series as a whole rather than one specific book.

There’s a playable manakete
YES!!

I’m going to bump this thread up. Never even knew it existed until I saw your demo videos on YouTube.

Personally, I’m going to wait until the full release comes out, but I’m really looking forward to it since I had a lot of fun with book 1.

The discord link expired.

I can’t use the link to get in the discord server, it expired.

Also, Caterina looks as cute here in Book 2 as she does in book 1.

@DrGreen3339

Who all returns from Book 1?
I hope Kara does

Kara is in the playable patch, as are Ella, Stephen, Jake, Damian, Caterina, Derrick, and Rodrick. There are more in the still WIP sections, but I don’t wanna reveal them all at the moment. Just know that almost everyone comes back in some form.

1 Like