[FE8] 【JP version Complete】The Nameless Heroes

I’m currently on chapter 12 and I wanted to put some input and things I noticed up to this point. I don’t remember the exact chapter, but the survive chapter with the beacons it might’ve been the gaiden. Anyway in it one of the pillars was an armory I don’t know if this was intentional or not since it’s in the untranslated part of the game. Just wanted to point it out if it was not intentional since it looks just like a pillar. I really have enjoyed the chapters so far and the gameplay. The art for a lot of the characters is pretty good, but for other characters it could be refined. I didn’t know why the characters with big eyes looked wrong but I think it’s because the irises are bigger than most FE gba characters which can be seen when comparing big eyed characters like Audrey to Larum. I think the look is alright when the character is supposed to be young but it looks strange on the older characters. Larum and other big eyed characters in canon FE usually have more black or dark colors to contrast the iris. Audrey, Kara, Chloe and others have more iris which is off putting, but this may just be my opinion. Some faces also were slightly derpy imo like Lillian the space between her eyes looked extremely large. The art can be last I just wanted to mention what I like and don’t like. The gameplay has been fun and interesting and I like how every character feels useful the moment they join. My only complaint so far is just the art. I’m not the best critic so maybe there’s things I didn’t notice or was too focused on. I really like this project and can’t wait to see it finished and translated all the way through. Sorry if I sounded mean or this wasn’t really helpful feedback.

3 Likes

Thanks for your feedback! Are you referring to Chapter 9? I can’t seem to find any instances of pillars being armories so if you clarify in some way it’d be appreciated.
On the subject of the art, we’re currently in the process of redoing most of it. Like you said at the moment it’s a bit mixed since some is finalized work and some isn’t.
I’m glad you’re enjoying the game so far!

1 Like

It might’ve been chapter 9. All I remember is it was a survive chapter that was dark. It was a pillar on the left part of the map near an archer, merc, and fighter. The chapter starts with Echidna entering some cave and then an assassin girl coming to attack us. We have access to our supply at the cave. The pillar doesn’t say armory when you put your cursor over it, but if a unit goes over it says armory and it’s functional. I don’t have a save that far back so I can’t get a screenshot but if you have pictures of the map I can point it out.

2 Likes

Ah, I was able to spot it. Thanks! It’ll be fixed in the next update.

3 Likes

Thank you for having fun.
This year we plan to update to the Ch7 base!

5 Likes

Disculpen soy nuevo y me encanta diré emblema podrían mandarme la actualización bueno el juego completo y me digan cómo puedo jugarlo o instalarlo

3 Likes

The download is at the bottom of the original post. It should be labelled

EN - For FE8

You can view a tutorial on patching ROMs here.
Hope you enjoy!

3 Likes

Muchísimas gracias Bro pero el limk de arriba está actualizada

Hello everyone, and happy holidays! I’m happy to be writing this next progress update. First off, on the game’s status - we’ve just finished Chapter 18, and the translation is now completed up to Chapter 6! The download link in the OP has been updated, so please enjoy!

emulator-0 emulator-2 emulator-4 emulator-1 emulator-0%20(2) emulator-2%20(2)

In other news, we’ve had a recent outpouring of artists helping with the project, so thank you all very much! I’m glad to share their latest work with you here.
gba_66%4042%20Rosalie_F10738
Thank you, in order…
Atey, for Berkus
hypergammaspaces, for Vulcan
Levin, for Alicia
Blade, for Isaac
Atey, for Don Quixote
L95, for Rem
DerTheVaporeon, for Wolf
Frigithematic, for Lillia
hypergammaspaces, for Galius

Fantastic work to everyone! Thank you to everyone for reading.

21 Likes

So much more cleaner…

really love em

Thanks to everyone who helped!
The update is exactly what Pikmin said.
enjoy!

12 Likes

Nice a new hack is coming!

1 Like

Getting better.

No lo e podido instalar porfavor ayúdeme a descargarlo y a intentarlo

I had a lot of fun working on Issac and giving him an absolute glow up.

4 Likes

Tried, but seems to be able to download normally.
Please try again.

Is there no patch for FE8(J)?

1 Like

I used to keep an FE8J Translation Patch up to date, but nobody actually used it. Here’s the latest patch for that.

2 Likes

I appreciate it.