[FE8 Hack] (Full Length Hack) The Burdened Crown (v2.2.0 is available now!)

Well in addition to the bugfix for Jimi, I decided to finish up some loose ends for this hack. In addition to all of that, I finished up all of the supports and added 2 things of note.
The first of which is Thracia trading and rescuing mechanics, where you can give/take as well as trade multiple times in one player unit’s action. The second of which is Heroes Repositionals, the standalone version made by Stan, and the video below is an showcase of it of sorts.

Here’s the Tingle to the latest version, and as always, I’ll add it to the OP.

2 Likes

I’d like to thank TheAveragest for giving this hack an LP, check it out below!

5 Likes

Chapter 1-8 has a bug i think. In my game a neutral heavy knight move into the castle square preventing the castle capture. Just stated this so that the op may take note & do something about it if possible.

Okay that’s the first I hear of this. Expect an update soon.

With the report of a bug, I decided to make the next update go live. In it I made Jugdral crits a thing, where critical hits are much more impactful. In exchange, I lowered the crit rates on a lot of weapons. Look below to see it in action (it’s affected by Weapon Triangle).

You also may have noticed the new battle screen. This is a modified version of FE6’s battle screen if you were curious.

Here’s the Groose and, like always, I’ll add this to the OP

2 Likes

Well here’s a update to the hack for those that still care. I made some minor changes, like nerfing magic, but notably I included a 100% growths patch and a version where your characters are blue again.

Blue

Blue

However, the blue would need to be patched over a ROM that has the hack installed already. It saves on file size I swear.

Here’s the Linebeck to the current release, and as always, it will be added to the OP.

P.S.

At this point I’m probably only going to make updates if I hear of a problematic bug or something like that.

7 Likes

Nice to hear the update!

2 Likes

I have a question, where the hidden staff this old middle age man mentioned behind village on chapter 3 or was it chapter 4? He gave a barrier, and then mention a staff he also couldn’t understand and saying it’s behind the village. His village, or another village on different chapter? I didn’t want to defeat this boss in armor yet so I’m having Stanley keeping Kale occupied by not getting hit and misses a lot by Kale Javelin while Stanley dodging with Silver Axe so not to attack back with Hand Axe in a one square spot away. Please help. Where would it be hiding or what chapter is it? 3: Also he last enemy.

P.S. not sure the secret shop location.

The staff the villager in 1-5 was referring to is right behind the village in the same chapter, although it’s like desert treasure, so Nikos is your only guaranteed way to obtain it.

The secret shop in the same map is the one tile of land in that river embankment.

Hope this helps.

I’ll try that, thanks a bunch! ^^ Though, why not use Pegasus knight to find it on desert?

Wait never mind. I see why Nikos the one able to find it. ^^)/

@GratedShtick

Thank You for this hack, was short but fun.

1 Like

Two things.

#1 there is a minor VERY MINOR bug in which the bridge tiles will not activate if you shove or smite (I assume pivot swap and reposition too) someone on top of them

#2 can you make a text document that lists what all the skills do in the game and all the classes and maybe even a secrets document

I cannot find documentation on this game in text anywhere.

For number 1, that’s a issue in every GBAFE where if you drop a unit on, say, a reinforcement zone then it won’t trigger the reinforcements. This happened to me when I LTC’d FE7 on 100% growths.

I don’t get what you mean by number 2.

Like i’m pretty sure I know what the Sureshot skill does (raise accuracy) but I have no clue what some of the others do. A notepad document with this information would be nice.

They’re like FE8’s class skills, except Great shield just halves incoming damage.

It’s Surestrike with a different name then?

I may have renamed it while reworking class descriptions.

1 Like

Hello… i’m new to this site… may i know how i can play this hacks on mobile??

I’m not very familiar with patching on mobile, but I think you need a mobile patcher.