[FE8 Hack] (Full Length Hack) The Burdened Crown (v2.2.0 is available now!)

So I got an update in right before the new years, so cheers to me. Main takeaways from this update include 6 more support chains (all for Gerald) and minor palette things. Here’s the link if you’d like to play.

On a side note, I still have like 49 support conversations to go, so yay for me.

3 Likes

I got a member in Chapter 1-3 I think. Do you know where the secret shops are?

There are in 1-5, 2J-2, 2K-3, and 3-3.
I hope you enjoy your time with my hack!

1 Like

actually this hack isn’t bad … but only gameplay wise like soul of the forest.
the plot is pretty boring like a fire emblem (wait wtf) some kind of (spoiler warning, read the words inversely if u recruited the sniper already) [ruoy ylimaf deid dna uoy kees egnever , neht nreve sretpahc era ekil a egeis retpahc htiw a hcnub fo seimene ]
and I hope ur next hack will have supports convers… and more differently chapters… it just felt like you spent a lot of effort in balancing the chapters (yeah I think the hack’s gameplay is balanced pretty, tho players might miss some seals) but it doesn’t make us feel fun or interesting…
and at later game it’s mainly swarming and spamming atks without much creativity

1 Like

I have been working on support conversations, but progress has been very slow due to a backlog of other things I want/need to do and IRL shenanigans.
The plot was actually meant to be similar to a Fire Emblem game because it was easier for me to make a outline based on things that happen.
And with how I planned out lategame I really don’t have much to think about in terms of a solution, but ideas are floating in my head.
Thank you for the feedback anyhow!

My review of The Burdened Crown is done; you can find it here.

Also, check out my other reviews here.

3 Likes

Thank you for the review! I’ll make sure to use this for future updates.

Well if it is a shock to me and possibly you, I still work on this thing. This time, our good Stonewall Stanley finally got full on supports, amidst the other minor polishing I have going on. Here’s the Revali, and, as always, the link will be added to the OP.

1 Like

How i can play on the game in my Boy, i dont know how

Just patch the ups file to a clean FE8 rom and transfer that to your phone storage. Then open MyBoy and locate the rom. It should work

@GratedShtick Hey i just wanted you to know that as of March 14th, 2020 on v1.3.2 the dancer can’t move, at first i thought i was crazy and seeing things, but just deployed her on 1-9 and she has no movement, I guess i will have to bench her until this gets fixed. Here are some screen shots for reference

Other than that, I have been enjoying the hack and appreciate all of your hard work!

1 Like

I’m afraid I don’t quite know what you’re talking about, I just tested it out and Apriliah moved fine on my end. How did you recruit her?

EDIT: I figured it out @Sithlord223, apparently because of how I set up her AI in 1-7, she doesn’t have any base movement if recruited mid map. I should get a fix out soon. The only reason I haven’t seen it was because I forgot to check. I’ll get a fix out ASAP.

1 Like

In light of the bug of Apriliah having no movement if recruited mid-map in 1-7, I made a bit of a update. Gary has his supports filled in and 2J-5 has been updated.
Here’s the link, and, as always, will be added to the OP.

1 Like

thanks again, i’ll get to downloading it in a sec, and thank you again for all your hard work! P.S how do i update? this is like my first time playing a romhack and installing it had taken all my marbles lol, also will i lose my saves and have to start over when using the update?

you need to apply the patch to a cleam rom, but you can transfer the save file if you so desire, though I think your Apriliah will still have 0 movement unless you still have a save for 1-7. To transfer the save, just export save file, call it whatever you want, then import said save file on the newer version.

Alright, I finished Andrew’s supports and made some things change. I forgot when some of them were but I made v1.3.4 have a longer list in the changelog to cover bases. Also I don’t think I said it there, but I did buff Blanco’s bases recently, I just don’t remember when.

Here’s the Jabu Jabu and the OP will be updated.

2 Likes

thanks again, i’m being split in so many places atm, still playing like 3 other FEs and hacks, PoE, Swtor, and now warzone, good thing i didn’t do v.3 since u just came out with v.4 tho :smiley: appreciate all your hard work!

1 Like

Hey folks, just wanted to let you know I’m still working on this thing, even if I don’t have relatively much left to do before I can call it complete. This update sees some reworking in endgame and some more support conversations added, with me being about over halfway done with implementing them. Here’s the Vah Naboris for anyone that cares, and this will be added to the OP.

3 Likes

Surprisingly, I still work on this thing. Doing these supports is not fun, I tell you even if I mostly procrastinated with one. Anyhow, I got a little update, although it’s mostly graphical. Still, if for some hell-forsaken reason you wanna play, here’s the Vah Medoh.

4 Likes

I figured I’d cut out on the zip file size on the next update by switching off toggle difficulty select skip with giving bonus levels instead of penalties on normal mode. As a result, I restructured how difficulty was handled, and Masochist Mode was born.
Masochist
As per the description, this mode advertises significantly stronger enemies, often with better equipment (compared to this patch’s Normal/Hard). For the most part, enemies have also been repositioned to be a bit more of a thorn in the side. Don’t worry, I played through this mode to make sure things were fine.

Here’s the Zant for the newest version, and as always, will be added to the OP.

1 Like