[FE8] Fire Emblem: The Sacred War [complete]

Hey dude, while using 1.35.1 I came across a few bugs while in the Rift map (map 08 the most). These may be just be on my side since I tested some of them in the Tower of Valni and worked just fine, but:

-Gheipnir crashes the game with animations on

-Rexfrost and Audhulma still crash the game (but only in the late maps in the rift [06+], anywhere else game is fine)

-Leveling by stealing with a Rogue crashes the game? (I used Colm in rift 08 to steal a gem from a ranger, he got a level up and crashed the game. After restarting, I used a savestate before battling Morva, after using Colm to steal his gem, it also crashed. Leveling up normally doesn’t crash)

-obtaining dragon blood sometimes crashes the game (only sometimes after killing morva)

-using dragon blood in preps screen crashes the game (a hard reset from the title screen fixes this, along with the problem above, as killing Lyon in rift 09 doesn’t crash the game.)

Also, I can’t wait for the next update :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m sorry, I don’t know what causes these issues at this point.

From now on, every floor at the prep screen save and hard restart not just the game
but the emulator itself.

An I see. Thanks anyways.

Holy hell, this is some serious work. I just finished the Sacred Trilogy and this is an entirely different beast. I LOVE rebalance mods that also add contents while preserving most of the game like this.
I must say this will definitely drain most of my free time for the next month since I’m an avid min-maxer. This gives so much content. Great job mate, can’t wait for the next big update!

1 Like

I tried to see whether I could replicate any of @freeseti 's bugs, but didn’t succeed. Try and send a save file next time someone encounters the issue and maybe I can fix it.

2 Likes

A question: Should I start my playthrough now? Since 1.4 is coming I don’t know if my 1.35 savestate will be compatible with it or not.

1 Like

Yes, definitely.
You NEED the save file from 1.35 to play the next one.

In fact I’ve made the v1.35 and the next update in a way that
you can transfer compatible save files between them (back and forth).

1 Like

Update almost ready. Next Update labeled as v1.50
Release date: August 10th (In exactly 1 week)
Also, go get the v1.35.2 fix in the download link. It’s needed for a smooth save file transition
between v1.35.2 and v1.50

-How hard is it?
It’s for players that can beat the Rift with ease at this point.

-How strong do my units need to be?
20 max stat units with at least 3/5 support levels.
Recommended HP: 70~75
Give everyone a Nihil Ward. It will help very very much.
Give 2 other T2 accessories to everyone.
2 Sacred weapons each unit

-What do we get for all that effort???
Player powercreep doesn’t increase any more and even the Rift becomes very easy
for everyone who has min-maxed their units.
Thus the new content focuses on filling some of the game’s missing info during story
without retconning the original material but instead expand on it
and also offers a last challenge for those who have grinded
and have nothing to use all their shiny units and gear on.

-Anything else we need to know?
Yes, the vanilla Valni Tower (v1.00~1.35) will become inaccessible.
By extension this also includes the bonus characters you get from there.
But don’t worry, if you want to return to the old Valni for whatever reason
you can just reuse the v1.35 patch. (the link won’t be taken down)

-Will the new bonus characters and inventory gotten in the new update
be usable in v1.35?
Yes, everything you get in the new update can also be used in v1.35.
You can go back to the vanilla Valni (1.35) for the lulz with the new bonus characters.

I was expecting the update to be far out like in 2 months or so, that’s fast! There will be some kind of rewards on beating it right?

A question: how can I raise Tethys’s staff level to S so she can use Oracle’s staffs? Mine is close to 20.

1 Like

Yes. New bonus characters and a new T3 accessory that also has a “Item use” effect when used.

She (and L’Arachel if promoted into Oracle) can use them from the start;
Just use them as items from the “Item” command.
Get near a unit and select the “Item” menu, then select a special staff.

Hi again, I just beat the main game! Overall it was a blast, I really like the improvements you did to the Sacred Twins, and the diverse weapon selections hits a good spot. Berserkers with those are really beastly, my Ross practically 1RKOs everything.

How do I access the tier 6 preparation shop in Melkaen coast? Also I really didn’t expect to find HIM there.

1 Like

It’s in the 1.35 update.
Just from the Preparation menu > Items > Choose Unit > Armory

Hi there!

I never played Sacred Stones (only 3ds FE games) is it ok to start this hack at Hard difficulty, and won’t i miss anything by not playing original game?

Also why that Valni tower thing gonna be cutted away in next 1.40 update?
Seems its some vanilla content,if game will have more content,it won’t be bad…right?

1 Like

There’s only 1 standard difficulty in this mod.
Which is harder than the original “Hard” mode.
But if you run the 3DS games at Hard, you should be fine here
(at least for the story part)

Depends on how you see it. You will miss the original maps and difficulty options.
Maps and their combat events are changed in this mod.

As for story, plot events or character convos,
these are 99% the same.

Because I needed space to add the new ones.
And you aren’t missing out. Read below:

Like I said, I made 1.35 and 1.50 save files to be compatible.
You won’t lose anything going from 1.50 to 1.35.
Everything carries over.
Basically you decide when you want to jump to 1.50 or go back to 1.35.
With the same save file you do both 1.35 and 1.50 at the same time.

If you want to return to the 1.35 Valni, just patch the game with the 1.35 patch.
When you are ready, you can use the 1.50 patch to jump back to the 1.50.

Released patch 1.35.3
which makes Ismaire and especially Selena easier to get.
You can get both in 1 tower run instead of the previous 3 runs.

2 Likes

Just finished my Valni run and I only get Selena instead of both Ismaire and Selena. I have a save at the very last floor before the boss.

1 Like

Did you apply the 1.35.3 patch AFTER you cleared Floor 7 ?
If so, just go and finish floor 7 one more time.

im very confused. what even is in 1.5? is it a all new dungeon / location? you said its like super omega hard (pretty cool) but, is it a reskin / remake of tower of valni? does 1.5 new dungeon have new unique characters? is new new story maps / exclusive post game in 1.5 other then new dungeon?

and it comes out on the 10th yeah? so i guess i play what there is currently, and wait for the new post game?

also, i’m pretty good at hyper analyzing stuff, would you like me to do a write up for everything in the game as i play it through for future fixing of stuff? :slight_smile:

Also, plz for the love of god, include the UPS patcher in the download, hutning down patcher software is so annoying :frowning:

1 Like

https://www.romhacking.net/patch/

2 Likes

Remake

Yes. Bonus and Story ones.

Exclusive only for 1,5 and only for Valni.

You play and do everything that there is currently
and then whenever you are ready you go to 1,5.
And like I said, you can go back from 1,5 to 1,35 if you haven’t done the 1,35 Valni.

In any case, you don’t start with 1,5 from the beginning.
Don’t use the 1,50 until you have at least finished the story.
(1,50 has a 6 month timeskip and assumes you have finished the story)

Thx but no need for that now. Feedback at this point is too late and things are solidified.
Also I won’t be updating this any further.
I’ll only look at bug fixes.