[Fe8] Fire Emblem: S.S-Monster Mash! [v1.2.5] [A modified fe8 campaign, where you play as monster classes!] (TLCC mode Update [v1.2.2], Implementing The Bael Expansion soon, looking for partners to help out and chat with

I haven’t finished the game yet, but maybe I’ll finish it later , favorite classes are head wolf and arch morgall , I think the character that is too strong is Vanessa she is strong, fast, thick and has high critical

1 Like

I find the game too easy, I guess you still haven’t modified enemies and weaponry, shops and all that.

yes, I’ve only made modifications on the playable units. I’m planning on tweaking the enemy army for another version of the hack but finding the correct balance remains very tough and uni’s been keeping me busy. I’ll update the post once I have a decent enough chapters modified.

I can’t give you useful advice about levels and stats, but I do recommend giving both sides good equipment as early as possible, only enemies with anti-horse/armor + reavers can be a nightmare but if both sides have them them it gets more strategical.

1 Like

I have no idea how it works but I guess you could increase the enemy bonus on hard mode and keep normal mode as it is to provide options for both tastes.
Or just improve enemy equipment as a whole without buffing their stats too much.

Edit: What if you gave some sacred weapons to late game bosses? (Garm for Caellach (it would be hell lol), Sigmund or Sieglinde for Orson, Gleipnir for Chapter 17 Lyon, Ivaldi for Chapter 19 Riev) It would make no sense story-wise but would provide a challenge without even changing their stats.

1 Like

hehe buddy it’s gonna be an entirely different patch. That’s the plan anyways

I’ve asked around on the discord and most devs agree that the problems of Fe8 enemies is that they are inherently to weak, if you’ve ever opened up fe8, you’ll find that enemies don’t have any bases stats. So I’m thinking of dissecting fe6/7 to find out their enemy base stats.

The problem with stats is inherent to every random lvl up FE, as long as you can get a few shitty lvls in a row inflating enemy stats just forces the player to reset for perfect or at least good lvl ups, so I recommend a moderate stat increase, but giving enemies reaver and anti-horse/armor weapons by the time you reach the first shop after the route split makes for a good difficulty spike.

1 Like

Hey guys So it’s been a while hasn’t it?. Well just wanted to give you guys an update and to prove to you the projects not dead. I know I said that the updates to the vanilla hack will only be bug fixes and stuff but…

Spoilers

bonewalkerReskin(bow)

As you can see I’ve been hard at work making a custom reskin animation for the wight sniper. The bow animation is pretty much done and only needs implementation but I’m only 1/2 done with the lance slides (before further adjustments for consistency). Of course this is my first reskin of an animation so I apologize firstly if the sprite looks a little inconsistent (left leg is the bane of my existence)

Anyways I wanted to give players a little more than just a bug patch for the next patch while at the same time balancing out the bone archer lines from the bone knights who have 2 promos. I thought giving the promo class a new animation would be a good way to do this.

(P.S as of now I’m thinking of submitting both the custom rouge anims on the top post as well as this one once it’s done to the repo) which means, YES! you can use them in your own projects with credit once they’re done. Just gotta figure out the proper way of putting the anims in the repo)

Alright people, Here comes “The Literal Creature Campaign” mode for Monster Mash! (thanks for the name idea jackofblades1991). I apologize for the long development time, editing maps, adjusting events and placing enemy units are one hell of an undertaking but I wanted it to be at least good enough for players haha. Anyways if you don’t wanna read the whole TLCC section of the post, here’s the TLDR:

TLCC is a brand new mode of SS Monster Mash (technically a different patch but whatever) where monster enemies have been buffed base and growth wise and which incorporate them in maps where they are not in in vanilla. Along with this there have been adjustments to unit classes and some character bases and growths (arthur and orson). Not only that however, there are changes to map layout and even some victory conditions and fog. the changes have been made up to chap 7 of the patch, starting small to bigger changes later on. The changes should make this mode harder but not to a brutal extent (hopefully).

I’m excited to hear your thoughts and feedback for these changes. particularly on difficulty, balance and map feel.

1 Like

Oh yeah before i forget, here’s some general notes for when you play the new mode

• The mode is more focused on gameplay so please excuse any story cutscenes that doesn’t make sense with the map gimmick
  • I’d strongly recommend not skipping the dialogue that appears on the 1st turn on renvall (chap 7) as you won’t know what to do in the map

First Update on TLCC mode out guys!, got bored with the vanilla weapon set and decided it’ll be cooler to add some new general weapons for the players and enemies, including reaver tomes! (mostly enemies!). Some of the earlier chapters have also been adjusted to be more flexible, characters buffed, etc. Have fun with the new patch!! oh yeah forgot to mention the map edits on prologue and chapter 8 is done!

1 Like

Also wanted to share my 4 defense chapter 8 Eirika here, her defense growths aren’t horrible but it’s super funny how frail she is haha. Good thing her monster weapon gives her def

(At least she has 18 speed tho)

2 Likes

Just a heads up guys, there’s quite a lot of changes coming on the next patch, mostly nerfs and balance purposes hehe, I thought the player units were still a bit too strong so had some of them adjusted to be slightly weaker and in tune with their class niches. I’m tweaking chap 9 eph’s route right now. Eventing’s tough.

On that note are there any units you feel are too strong or too weak? right now I’m hitting anna, arthur and franz with some nerfs and giving garcia and forde some buffs (on TLCC mode)

1 Like

Alright guys, new Update’s Up, I made some fundamental balance changes to the playable units you get access to until chap 11 of ephraim’s route. Some units are kinda nerfed but rest assured that the changes are made so they can have and play a niche in the player’s army. Hopefully with the new changes it’ll encourage players to strategize more on which units to use to fill certain niches. I’m especially proud of the balance between the three magic options you get early on, Anna, Arthur and Lute has a theme now, with their base totals being 275 (technically anna has 280 but it’s 5 in health so not that much of a difference) having one primary stat with 50 growths, another in 40 and another on 35, I’m interested about which magic unit you’d pick for your team.

Expect other units to play differently too, I made edits on most everyone in the roster. As Always feel free to share any thoughts, opinions, feedback and bugs here.

Hey, I’m back thought I’d post the base map Apparoid helped me with (chap 9 eph route)

Here’s Apparoid’s original modifications to the map:

And mine That’s based on his mods:

As well as the stuff he’s worked on in his own thread!

Thanks again for the help App

4 Likes

Also I made some tierlists on the characters, thought I’d be fun or something i dunno:

Vanilla Monster Mash Tier List:

TLCC Mode Tier List:

I’m planning to make another tier list for the classes themselves (will update later) but anyways, feel free to Screenshot or share your own tierings, might be good to see who people pick most from the cast

1 Like

Is the difference between modes slight changes and mostly difficulty?

1 Like

Lots of changes, I made monsters a core part of every map so enemies classes are more varied. Lots of new weapons, character balances. Every map is modified in some way, either layout wise, objectives etc. It feels way different then vanilla and generally more challenging yeah, since most of your units now have their niches they won’t be the best in every situation. Prepromoted monster enemies start out pretty early, after route split I estimate.
Admittedly It’s a heavy departure from Vanilla Fe8 but I think that’s fine, The goal of the new mode (although now that I think about it mode implies it’s more small changes to the vanilla hack instead of big ones like I did) is to make big changes to the original hack using it as a basis.
in Short:
Vanilla S.S Monster Mash resembles Vanilla fe8 somewhat
TLCC mode is a pretty heavy departure from Vanilla fe8 using the vanilla hack as a base.
I think players will have a very different experience playing TLCC mode vs the vanilla hack.

1 Like

For reference all of these items + the replacement for blades are new in TLCC mode and enemies will have them as well, so the meta is shaping up to be a very “players hit hard but enemies also hit hard” type of thing in the new mode, Enemies deal more damage than vanilla that’s for sure haha.