[Fe8] Fire Emblem: S.S-Monster Mash! [v1.2.5] [A modified fe8 campaign, where you play as monster classes!] (TLCC mode Update [v1.2.2], Implementing The Bael Expansion soon, looking for partners to help out and chat with

I forgot to say I’m still playing the old patch :sweat_smile:

Quick heads up guys, I’m planning a small bug fix patch in the future since Uni life is kinda busy right now haha, anyways don’t be shy about telling me here what bugs or general problems you’ve encountered (Screenshots will help too, if you’re willing). Again I still have one more big Idea I’m planning to do for the hack before we can denote it as “complete” but I’ll tell you all that later.

Will my save be corrupted if I use it in the latest version? Also in the desert chapter, Hilde crited a shaman with a fire tome and it softlocked the game for some reason.

I don’t think The changes to the newest version will corrupt the save buttt you could never know with these things, so I’d recommend making a copy of the .sav file just to be safe. Also on the softlock with Hilde, does the battle animation screen freezes after the crit? this might be because a part of the battle script is wrong or incorrect, I’ll search for a solution for this a soon as possible.

1 Like

How complete is this project? I want to know if you plan on making every weapon except legendaries available at shops and if you are going to change skills, add new characters etc…

As of patch 1.2.2 most class locked weapons are already distributed in the world map shops and in map armories, with the exception of the newly added weapons which I put in the prep screen for convenience. Skills are also distributed, I’ll maybe shuffle them around a little but for the most part most class already has their appropriate skills, new characters won’t be added since this is suppose to still be Sacred Stones except maybe replacing the portrait of Syrene with a male one because of her monster class
So in essence it’s pretty much complete just needed to iron out a few bugs, adjust stats, distribute weapons in the armories, etc. I do have one more big Idea for another mode for the hack, though that’ll take some time to implement.

1 Like

Yes, but it was a very specific situation. Hilde crited but didn’t kill the Shaman. When Hilde crits and kills a Shaman, this doesn’t happen.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply, I’ve been searching for a monster based hack a long time and yours is extremely close to what I wanted, you also understand that limiting accessibility to weapons is not for FE8 so good Work!

1 Like

Thank you!!, admittedly it isn’t too ambitious for a beginner’s project but I wanted to make something at least a bit different from the norm. Please don’t be shy about sharing your thoughts, opinions, bug reports etc. It’ll help quite a lot in making the hack better and the experience smoother in general.

I’ve played a few chapters and it looks solid so I don’t have much to say. Are the monster campaign units usable and do you plan to modify the tower and ruins? If so I recommend you make them easier to recruit since clearing both 3 times is a pain in the rear.
You said that both lords can be promoted as normal units do we get something in chapter 16 instead of the bracelets?

Yes sir, you get something if you refuse the promo. The promo will force promote Erika back to her promoted class so you get the promo gains again and releveling options. For Ephraim it will promoted him into the “Hellgoyle” class so if you have promoted him to the other split option you can change his class. That being said, I do recommend not accepting the promotion, you get something much more interesting than the vanilla bracelets hehe.
On Creature Campaign, so I didn’t know that existed!!, I looked it up and the bosses are the recruitable units there? if so it might not be possible to make them monsters as they’ll probably turn into those classes in the main campaign.
The towers and ruins as of now have not been modified but I will look into them.

1 Like

I started playing Ephraim route on the new version, and I really like the new weapons! Neimi was really underwhelming so she really appreciates the help, also the Spirit Axe is a good incentive to train Tana!
With the buffs, I think the infected/abomination class line is one of the best classes. It’s strong, can tank if you need to, can be fast if you want and has access to 1-2 range. Also honorable mention for Ross having a good skill to make him usable and how rewarding training Amelia is (and she will catch up pretty quickly!).

1 Like

Thank you!!, glad you like the changes!! I wanted to give the archer monster classes buffs to make them more viable and push up the people that choose to use them!.

Small patch this time guys, just some bug fixes and palette changes, weapons distributions and such (hopefully without making new bugs). The main portion of the hack is pretty much done guys, any suggestions that might make me change my mind, apart from future bug reports etc?. Still got one more thing planned for the hack.

I definitely plan to look at this once the tinkering is done, feel like there was an opportunity missed by not calling this “the literal creature campaign”, but that’s just me.

1 Like

when you’ve never done creature campaign in fe8…, I’m a fake Fire Emblem fan!!!. Well Monster Mash is catchier though haha.

1 Like

The original creature campaign was boring as hell but a few hacks in this community made it interesting, with new monsters and hard difficulty.

EDIT. Found Three bugs.
1 Master seal doesn’t work on spirits
2.Tethys comes without her prf sword (Eirika’s route)
3. Saleh is still a sage (Eirika’s route)

1 Like

Fire Emblem - Dark Lord & The Maiden of Light_1646121565967
How about turning Gilliam into something like this? Source:FE7 - Dark Lord and The Maiden of Light

3 Likes

Ah, must’ve missed that, will fix in a later patch. How has your experience this far though? any favorite class, least favorite class? any characters felt underwhelming or too strong?

ahh, i would if I could but I can’t seem to find the animation for that particular class. I think that might be a custom sword animations for the hack in question.