[FE8]Fire Emblem: Pyrathi Warlords [Complete]

Oh.My.GOD! Alright, I finished this game and I have to say, it’s a nice surprise. The myrmidons and mercs from Warren and the boats are still overkill because of their strenght and weapons, but aside from that? The game is easily playable, at least in normal mode.

The only complain I have is with the money. We have very little money most of the time, so little that I had to sell very useful things like the weather staves or the arms scroll. This would be easily mended by having more oportunities to get money. Yes, I know we have a thief and we will have a few chapters in a row in which MANY enemies will have stealable gold, but we don’t have a dancer. That makes chapters like the one in Death Rock very unsatisfactory, as you need to steal from every single enemy before killing them. And this is a must, before after being stranded in the island you have 0 money. If only this enemies money bags were fuller… No more complains though.

Now, for the story:

Spoilers

You almost made me suffer several heart attacks when I saw Katarina and the others in the battlefield (except for Chris. He’s a filthy self-insert and the only reason I cared is because poor Kat wouldn’t like his head on a pike). Thankfully enough we did not kill any of them… Except for Michalis, and I will forever curse you and your kin (Macedonian royal family’s fan here). I liked most of the characters and how most of them were viable options for us to use (except for Enoch, he is useless af).

The child of Thabes… Man, there were less disgusting ways of bringing this creature to life. Elice being raped by Garnef during the war of heroes? For real? Man, that’s very dark shit. But well, you killed a hatchling dragon and twisted his very own soul and body in your former hackrom for the sake of the plot, so I should have expected something this hard. Still hurts though.

Last but no least, what are you going to do with Mace’s route? I mean, we already know that he is an exalted but… Is he THE exalted, the one who actually sealed Grima? Is Christopher going to actually forfeit Pyrathi in order to go back to Thabes and kill Duma (or prevent Ezra from being captured)? He could actually do it if he has the Falchion so, are you going to make an entirely new timeline in which Thabes resisted the dragon invasion? I don’t think you will, but that thing would be really cool. I would really like to save Arkhon and the others… Again :joy:

The one good thing about Marth games is that they left a lot of things unexplained (like Pyrathi) and that makes this world much easier to modify than others like Tellius. I wonder if you would be willing to make another game featuring the Dragon vs human war of Elibe (I don’t know its name in English, only in Spanish). And I mean a complete game, not the many 3 or 4 chaptered games we already have. In any case, I eagerly wait for you to end the other route and see what you have in store.

Glad you liked the game. Your feelings on the money situation are noted. I think I can add an item with the Despoil Skill to try and gain an alternate route to getting more cash. The main ways I’ve intended were to sell the weapons gained from Radd’s Mercenary missions and the food Damian makes. But of course, that kind of makes them forced characters. A Despoil skill item in there should make things much easier however, without just directly giving money to the player.

Oh interesting hack idea, are there any video playthroughs?

No, not at present.

Unfortunate.

BTW how are you handling Heimler’s full portrait or lack thereof?

Also is there a list of all the playable characters?

A fan portrait for Heimler exists. Here’s the link to the list of playable characters.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/1/d/1RfEA3lu9YuyQtTmQbRByphJZl9a-vOcpifNJaCxwBfY/htmlview

I haven’t actually updated the portraits in that list to use the ones I’m using in the game though. Maybe I’ll do so later today.

Thanks!

I couldn’t find the fan portrait for Heimler, is it in the drive? I’m curious if its DS style or GBA style?

Is Sparitcus the Fightermonger (always liked that guy) being a bandit, as opposed to Brigand, a mistake or are they seperate classes in your hack?

Also do you want any ideas from FE3 and other Archanea material?

Yeah that’s the Fightmonher. And Barbarian is the promoted class for Bandit. As Barbarians were end game enemies in Mystery of the Emblem.

Edit: oh wait, I see. Yes he’s a brigand not a bandit. That’s just a mistake on the form. They’re brigands just like vanilla Sacred Stones and Mystery of the Emblem, and they promote into Barbarians.
This is the Heimler portrait on the repository.

As far as ideas go, the story is pretty much finished. One route is entirely done and I need only script four chapters for the other route. But all ideas are welcome. You should play through the game first though to see what has and hasn’t been done already with the canon.

FE3 Barbarians had great defense, what are they like in your hack?

I wonder if the other DSFE bosses have portraits? Was that Heimler portrait something for this hack or was it made for unrelated reasons?

Want me to message my ideas and questions or tell them here?

Heimler wasn’t comissoned for this hack. Though a lot of other Archanean characters were. My biggest disbelief is that Heimler had a portrait on the repository but Merric didn’t! It seems there is some love for minor bosses going around as there are existing portraits for the likes of Kannival and Emmerus.

How is route B going?

@Jotari , I’m replaying the game once more and this time, in chapter 7, something happens that last time didn’t. I sent Radd on a mission at the end of chapter 6. He comes back after finishing chapter 7. He tells Caesar that he has the money and a new weapon and…

Hardlocked. It has never happened before in any chapter, not even in this one during my last playthrough.

Hi. This is a known issue and it has already been fixed. I was just haven’t uploaded the fix yet as I was hoping to finish B route first (I’ve very close, just have to do the gameplay of the final boss, all the plot is done,should be ready by the time you reach the end of this playthrough if I’m organized enough). Here is the updated link

You should be able to finish chapter 7 with no issue from the same save file.

Thank you. It’s good to know you are almost done with route B, too.

@Jotari found another one in the patch you posted yesterday. After starting chapter 8, the moment I choose a unit to start moving, the game crushes. This time it’s the classic paralized image and infernal noise.

Send me your save files on discord and I’ll try and see what’s happening there.

I have no discord, but I can googledrive you the saves.

To recruit character in chapter 3 you need enemy to shove up. How can i trigger thiis event?

To have the enemies appear in Chapter 3 wait one turn for Caesar to appear on the Arena and then speak to him with Christopher.

But this end the chapter. I get a cutscene where eney appears but i have to skip because it crash. If I press enter i move directly to next chapter. Is it a bug?