[FE8]Fire Emblem: Pyrathi Warlords [Complete]

Dear author, I really like this promotion, but I want to know that my Pegasus Kn. can be promote many times through pray. Is this intentional?

Sort of. Its more unavoidable than intentional. As I established in the story that Pyrathi has no history of pegasus riding, I wanted to make it so pegasus knights couldn’t promote via pray, with their two promotion options coming from Master Seals and Elysian Whips like in the DS games. But not having an option to promote via the statue glitched up the promotion items and caused the game to freeze when you tried to promote them. So the solution was to just make Pegasus knight promote to itself and create a Pegasus Knight loop like Valentia’s Dread Fighter loop. The only other option I’d really have would be to invent some kind of grounded promotion for Pegasus Knights.

1 Like

Dear author, thank you for your answer. Anyway, I enjoyed your game very much, and I will play it again when another route is completed.‘’

Besides, this is my most powerful unit, and I really like them.

Wow, and I always found Genevieve to be one of the weaker units. Did you hit those stat caps naturally or farm for Stat boosters from the skirmishes?

Falcon Knight should have the Shade skill. I wonder why that’s not showing up.

1 Like

Dear author, I did get a lot of items to improve states from open sea, which made my Genevieve very powerful.
Moreover, with these four items, he can become a super tank with a range of 1-3, which I think is really coooooooooool.

In addition, as for the skill problem you mentioned, I started to use rom on May 22nd, and practiced my Blase to the full level. Falcon Knight in this version will not learn “Shade skil”.

When you update the latest version of rom, I replaced it and finished the last 22 and 23 chapters, so,My Falcon Knight won’t learn shade skill, just because I don’t use the latest rom. I don’t think there is anything wrong with the latest rom, please don’t worry.

Ah good. Nice to know there’s no issue.

Was it too easy to grind for stat boosters on the open sea? I want it to be an option that’s there, but not one you can just immediately trivialize the game with.

Also do you have any thoughts in the final boss(es)? I think they came out rather well.

1 Like

Dear author, I have always believed that as much time as you spend, you can get as much results.
I really spent a lot of time getting a lot of stat boosters on open sea,the dragon on open sea is a very powerful unit, not an easy opponent,therefore, I don’t think it’s easy to get stat boosters from open sea.

For players who pursue high intensity and challenges (my friend, who also cleared the game), they don’t spend a lot of time on open sea, so whether they play high or rookie (like me), they can have fun in this game.

Therefore, I think the efficiency of getting stat boosters in open sea is quite reasonable. Of course, I don’t deny that getting a lot of stat boosters in open sea will make the game much simpler. Whether to adjust it or not depends on your meaning.

I am not a game maker, so I can’t make more effective suggestions, so please forgive me.

In the end, boss has to beat many times. The muscular man with a huge sword is really super handsome, and I like him very much.

2 Likes

Three new characters have been added to the game. The Shadow Dragon boss Heimler now joins on second chapter of Danu Route, while the Archanea Saga character Ruben, already an antagonist in the game, joins as a counter part on Mace route. And to completely round off the cast we have Roro, one of the surviving Legion clones from New Mystery of the Emblem.

The game also sees a now antagonist hounding Christopher for several chapters. Rummel from Mystery of the Emblem. His name has also been translated as Lumel. In either case, he’s the Draco Knight boss who moves in Chapter 2 of Mystery of the Emblem. Meaning him, like Heimler, Legion and Ruben (in the original BS Broadcast at least) can conceivably survive his original game. Lumel appears as a third party reinforcement mid way through several maps, if you kill him in an earlier map he will stop reappearing, however.

A general progress report on the project as a whole, Mace route has three chapters completed and play tested. The fourth chapter on that route might be complete as well. It’s finished but has yet to be fully tweaked and balanced. The fifth chapter after that has been written but not play tested at all.

2 Likes

Well, it’s been some time and route A is finally finished! As for the changes, am I right to think the characters have their own designs instead of being placeholders from Sacred Stones?

And more importantly, are the different routes properly marked? You know, just in case I choose route B without noticing.

Last but not least… in the docs document you posted (the one with the supports combinations) some names appear crossed. Like in Christopher’s supports, Ceres appears crossed while Jones doesn’t. Does being crossed mean that the support is not implemented yet? Also (I swear this is the last one): are the supports like in Path of Radiance/Radiant dawn of do I need to keep characters near each others to unlock them?

I put this in the discord, but am putting it here too, just in case. I just did chapter 7 Ashen field. After I beat the chapter, everyone I brought into the chapter (Ferrin, Scoth, Columba, Damien, Cleo and the 3 you recruit in the chapter) disappeared, and christopher and Enoch also disappeared, but came back as base level with their items gone and Enoch changed to a Paladin

That characters largely have their own designs now. Some are rather simple palette swaps to the best of my ability, maybe with some mild hair cuts, but that’s mostly to the best of my ability. I should really update the pictures in the OP to make that clear.

Yes the game tells you which route to select. You can still go down the other route as far as it’s been developed if you choose.

The supports are like Path of Radiance and New Mystery, done by chapter (though unlike those two skirmishes exist so you can conceivably grind for supports). And the crossed out names mean the supports have been done.

2 Likes

That is very concerning, especially since it’s the second time it has been reported. Though the first time it only affected Christopher. I couldn’t see anything in the code that would cause something like that and nothing happened when I tried to replicate it myself. It definitely needs to be addressed however as that’s a game breaking bug. You wouldn’t happen to have a save file from before that chapter, would you? So I can see the exact conditions of your army/save file.

I have a save state in the middle of the chapter so I am able to restart the chapter, save and then send the save

Okay. I’m not on discord right this second, but stick that up there and I’ll have a look when I get home.

Crisis averted. I found the source of the problem pretty easily once I knew what specific chapter to look for it. The escaped units were interacting with the replacement unit feature in an odd way. The solution was to simply remove the replacement unit feature in that specific chapter. Which is fine since I doubt many people are going to need the replacement units anyway. It was just a fun reference to Shadow Dragon and New Mystery to sort of be part of the same continuity.

Any reason to have Roger and Sheeda’s mouth censored?

Edit: it’s not just them. Other characters like Sparticus are also censored in his mouth. I wouldn’t be surprised if this happened with every character whose portrait is copy and pasted from Marth games.

Yeah, that’s because they’re meant to smile in their status screen and they don’t have any smile (or blinking frames). Is it overly distracting? I could fix it by copy and pasting in their neutral mouth frames into the smile segment of the portrait, but I haven’t because I am hoping to get proper portraits for as many of them as I can.

No, it’s not that distracting. I just figured I should report this to you, so you can take note of it. I wouldn’t give it priority, but you might want to fix this at some point.

I was thinking that swordsmen in this game are WAY too fast. Is it just me? Every mirmidon and mercenary (except for Rad and Caesar, of course) have over 10 speed since Port Warren. I’m fighting in the boats now, and the mercs have steel swords and +10 speed. No armored knight can survive that because they are constantly being hit twice with steel weapons. Is this intended? I believe this kind of thing is way too much for chapter 4.

Base speed stat for Myrmidons in Sacred Stones is 10 for females and 9 for males, so yeah, that checks out. If I were to alter bases to their DS values, which I’m considering, then Myrmidons would have 11 base speed before level growth. It probably just feels overtuned because vanilla Sacred Stones doesn’t throw many early game Myrmidons at you. Roger should still be well able to survive that though. Maybe their strength and weaponry is the problem.