[FE8] Fire Emblem: Of Sand and Sabres (13/? Chapters) (On Hiatus)

Hello, Void Order members of FEU.

Due to some general shifts, both in my life and in my hacking - such as a shift of focus to the LT port of TLP4, increasing run-ins with the technical limits of the FEGBA engine without skills, and increasing dissatisfaction with the overall writings set up of the project - I’m formally placing Of Sand and Sabres on hiatus. Development of the project will not continue until further notice.

Note that this is not a formal cancellation - I’m reserving the right to pick the hack back up whenever I find the time, energy, and motivation. It’s just that, as of now, I’m not in a great place to continue working on OSAS.

I have, however, still released a new patch. OSAS Hiatus Release.ups is the latest version of the project; it contains everything I’ve actually made for Act 2. Chapters 2-1, 2-2, 2-3, and 2-4 are all playable with most of their writing inserted and at least some playtesting. Chapters 2-5, 2-6, 2-8, and 2-9 all have at least vague sketches included in the patch; these have maps, enemies, and barebones eventing, and should all be at least playable (although they are, I should note, almost entirely untested). Feel free to give them a try - the download link is in the thread’s first post.

Sand and Sabres.emulator-167Sand and Sabres.emulator-157
Sand and Sabres.emulator-160Sand and Sabres.emulator-169
Sand and Sabres.emulator-163Sand and Sabres.emulator-168

15 Likes

Extremely Cool.

1 Like

OSAS is dope. Enjoy your break and hope you come back to it when you’re feeling it.

1 Like