[FE8] Fire Emblem: Legends of Avenir

Hey guys! In light of our approaching FEE3 recording next weekend, we figured it was a good time (especially with the Q&A meme having died down) to see if anyone had any questions for us for our recording! These can be regarding development, future plans, current plans, or even discussion topics for us to talk about while we record. We’re cool with pretty much anything so long as its appropriate.

Ask away! We’re really excited about FEE3 this year and definitely want to answer any questions anyone may have!

2 Likes

Thanks for reminding me, I have to remake my QnA thread.

As for an actual question, what are you and snakey’s favorite hacks (that aren’t LoA)?

6 Likes

As developers who are making a hack of atypical structure, how do you two feel about more typical, linear Fire Emblem story and gameplay? Pros and cons? Do you wish the series had more choices that actually matter, like Avenir?

4 Likes

Which path (Mercenary, Military, Magic) is your favourite? Or even which specific route on a path?

4 Likes

If there was something you could go back and do differently in the development of LoA, what would it be, and why?

2 Likes

What ASM for this hack in particular are you most proud of, knowing Snakey is very big on ASM?

3 Likes

How did you ultimately settle on the structure of the hack and the concept of route splits as the core of the game?

4 Likes

Hello, FEU!

After a very long time without a patch update, we are proud to present our latest patch. In lieu of FEE3 this year…

It’s long we know.
Thank you to everyone who tuned in for the premiere, and thank you for all the kind words and feedback as well!

First and foremost: Say hello to our newest route:
Don’t wanna pass the promotion off to Jasper? No problem! Go on a completely different journey from declining the promotion with 6 brand new chapters.
EDIT: Be sure you escape in chapter 3! The route for killing the boss does not exist.

We've come a very long way since last year with so much new stuff!

Updated Derek thanks to @Zmr

Sylvaine thanks to Atey (Sponsored by @Bartz )

Zaheva (new character in the new route) thanks to Atey (Sponsored by @Bartz )

Remus and Madeleine (new characters, right and far right) thanks to @Levin64

Efil thanks to @Levin64

Weston (Mercenary 3 Assassin boss) thanks to Vlak
Thank you so much to all of our spriters for their hard work! :heart:

Many new custom battle animations!

Fully integrated Strengh/Magic Split and Skill System updates!

So many fully written supports!

More base supports as well.

Thank you to @Pikmin1211 for many new palettes!

We’re going a little overboard with custom music (with custom music inclusion in the other 2 military routes) with more on its way…
Shoutouts to @anon98251803 for writing the custom title theme and @GNAEVS_ACCVSATOR and ThunderPheonix for some other custom themes!

(Not to mention a plethora of bugfixes from the old routes. You should be able to actually go to Mercenary/Cesaria and Mercenary/Arcanae now.) We plan on more frequent hotfixes and updates to remedy oofs like that in the future.

Hop on our Discord server if you’d like to join the team, play a patch with debug features, or just keep an eye on things.

This has been open source since forever, but I’ve never linked this here.

May as well now. Feel free to reference it to your heart’s desire to see how I make things work.
If you’re wondering whether something is f2u or don’t know how something works, don’t hesitate to ask.

A huge thank you to everyone in this wonderful community. To everyone who has contributed, made cool animations, hacks, and any other resources, helped me figure things out, playtested, had kind words, or even just had interest, thank you. Without this amazing community, none of this could be possible.

Please report bugs though Discord or through DMs (there are likely a lot), and I’ll be a lot better about releasing fixes quicker. Enjoy!

18 Likes

What a wonderful and informative post. Thank you, and congrats on the release!

1 Like

10 Likes

Made the first of many hotfixes. Promotion item usability is no longer broken, and the description of AxeFaith is now fixed.
Sorry about that, and thanks to the playtesters who caught those!

2 Likes

I got a bug in the raid the village chapter 1 of the mercenary route any time i try to use an item with the unit holding the hero crest the emulator restarts (VGA emulator)!

I believe that should be fixed with yesterday’s hotfix. Please redownload the patch (and be sure to restart the chapter if you’re on an old .sav file).
Sorry about that.

military->knight->chapter 3 where i can escape or kill boss…after killing boss chapter didnt finish so i had to escape…

The event for killing the boss was intentionally disabled because that route is not finished yet. We’re showing off the route where you escape.

The game crash with promotion item as hero crest is normal ???

Should be fixed

Been a fat minute, but update time!

We’ve got three brand spanking new chapters (finishing the fourth of the five Military routes), and Military Accept 3 has been reworked a bit. Accept the promotion in chapter 1, retreat in chapter 3, and do not check on the emperor if prompted in chapter 4 to see this new route.
On top of this, we’re also bringing generic spellsword classes, getting generic base convos set up, a spicy new support stat screen, some reworked animations for more finalized Tact promotions and unique characters, new mugs, and of course miscellaneous balancing and bugfixes among other things.

Take a peek:

Legends%20of%20Avenir
“Madeleine” has been changed to “Adeline,” so no more glitchy prep screen numbers. Also shoutouts for @Scraiza’s narrow font, so no more “Saint Longbow.” :smile:
Legends%20of%20Avenir
All physical-main spellswords may only use magic on their own phase. That means no retaliation by these spellswords with magic.
Legends%20of%20Avenir
T1 spellswords may use E-rank anima and dark tomes, but they gain WEXP normally.
Legends%20of%20Avenir Legends%20of%20Avenir
Spellswords may promote into Battle Sages or Dread Fighters and will lose the magic rank they won’t be able to use. These promoted classes ARE NOT limited to E-rank tomes, but they ARE limited by the magic only on their phase limitation. (If you were wondering, yes, Zaheva is now a spellsword. She is a Dread Fighter in the right image (Swords & Dark access).)
Legends%20of%20Avenir
Alongside implementing Support Rework Rework :tm: and generic base conversations, we have a spicy support stat screen page. We’re still fleshing out some details, and we’re working on moving around page 3 and page 2 items in a future update. AMSS when
Legends%20of%20Avenir
Extremely sexy R-text support display with special thanks to @HyperGammaSpaces for the original system!
Legends%20of%20Avenir
Henning thanks to @RandomWizard
Legends%20of%20Avenir
Izuk thanks to Vlak
Legends%20of%20Avenir
William thanks to @RandomWizard

In regards to spellswords, we’re seeing how they’re playing out in balance before adding them to any other routes. Because of this, generic spellswords only exist in the new route until we’re more confident in how they’re balanced.
A few things to expect in the near future:

• Reworked EXP calculations entirely to address some wackiness
  • More spellswords in other routes
  • More complete stat screen
  • Finished 5th Military route
  • More options for Tact promotions
  • More general graphics edits

The download link for the patch is in the OP. This update has quite a few fundamental changes and bugfixes. Thank you very much to our playtesters who have found so many issues. If you find yourself playing and feel compelled to let us know if something’s off, if the game death screeches, or if you just would like to give input feel free to join our Discord Server or DM me. We’ve also recently updated our credit doc, so take a peek if you’re interested. Please let us know if something is innacurate/missing that shouldn’t be! Thank you to our spriters, musicians, and everyone else who has contributed, supported us, or simply had kind words. :heart:

18 Likes

holy wardbearers, i’m actually relevant to a project! wow!

also Henning’s face is amazing and I am so sad that we have to murder him

2 Likes