[FE8] Fire Emblem: Legends of Avenir

wardbearers :eyes:

damn this update looking sick tho :hot_face:

2 Likes

Congrats on the release! Neat and innovative idea to try and diversify hybrid classes.

I will continue to pray to Saint Longbow :pray:

2 Likes

but but… Madeleine is a nice name…

my waifu… :(((
jokes aside, congrats for the newer release!
:pray: Saint Longbow is the only way to worship :pray:

2 Likes

Quick hotfix: in the 7th chapter of the new route, the ending scene would play after killing any 2 enemies. I just updated the patch to remedy this. Guess I didn’t test that win condition enough. :roll_eyes: Sorry about that!
Go ahead and redownload the patch if you have already.
Also, apparently when patching with NUPS, it outputs an error along the lines of “the ROM doesn’t match the patch.” Just be sure you’re patching to FE8U, and you can ignore that.

3 Likes

My game crashes when I try to start this chapter :frowning:

That sure is a nice death screech we’ve got there. Thanks for catching that! :+1: I’ll look into it as soon as I can.

1 Like

Thanks man, will wait for it! Good thing about this project is that I can keep playing on other routes while this is fixed :slight_smile:

1 Like

I believe the issue should be fixed. Thanks again for catching that!

1 Like

hello i have one problem with the patch here my problem

I believe that’s been fixed. It should work if you redownload the patch.

No i have the actual versión and have the same error

1 Like

I’ve never really used the FEBuilder patching tool. Since this is a buildfile project, I wouldn’t be surprised if even FEB patching doesn’t play nicely (especially since I know many other FEB things don’t go over well). Patching with NUPS should work, and please make sure you’re using FE8U as well.

I’ve been playing the hack recently and I loved it! The worldbuilding is really great and every character is pretty unique. The reworked magic system is also great.
That said, there are some bugs that need fixing.

• On chapter 3 for the military route (The one where you defend the fort and either defeat boss or escape) nothing happens if you actually defeat the boss. (In fact, nothing happens even IF you rout.) Maybe it’s just not done yet, but IDK D:
  • Female protagonist mercenary’s palette is pretty broken. Seriously broken.
  • Speaking of female mercenary: For some reason, the promoted version (Champion) caps at level 2 instead of 20, and her animations are glitchy; for example, trying to dodge a hand axe from a hero and then countering freezes the game.
  • Dialogue doesn’t account for dead units, which, considering that some of them look like the unit is legit dying instead of retreating, is really weird.
  • Female protagonist wyvern promotion palette is broken too. Also, the description for the military protagonist says “Seeking his role on the war”. Even if the unit isn’t male.
  • Several typos uwu. But they’re not too many.

Aside of that, the hack is seriously good. I haven’t played nearly half of the routes yet, but my favorite map so far is the last chapter on one of the military branches, where you get four wyverns. (Wyverns are my favorite class XD.)
I really hope this hack gets finished, keep up the good work!

Thanks for the positive feedback! We’re getting closer to finishing our 5th and last military route which branches from defeating the boss in chapter 3. You’re right in saying that route doesn’t exist yet, but not for long. Chapter 3 will be made less ridiculous as well. In its current state, chapter 3 is designed to disincentivize attacking Sean, so I’m a little surprised you were able to rout lol.
We’re aware of most of the palette issues. They’re not gamebreaking, so they’re not of extreme importance. The promoted female mercenary animation glitch is new, though. We’ll definitely look into that.
Blame Noguchi for dialogue. :smile: Typos aren’t my fault I swear. They’re totally probably my fault.

does it needs to be patched in japanese rom or other??

Patch to an English ROM! Make sure in your patcher that you select “ignore” for any errors. There are some issues with the current patch that cause most patchers to not recognize the ups as matching the ROM properly. These should hopefully be resolved in the next release, whether that’s a hotfix or release of new content.

thanks

1 Like

Hello.
I tried to apply the Patch to FE8 Rom but It said the Rom is not compatible with the Patch so I need help.