[FE8] Fire Emblem: Legends of Avenir

for what :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Guys guys guys I found the secret DLC final boss of Avenir secretly hidden in the game’s files.

10 Likes

Been a while, but update time!
We’ve been quiet here, but we’ve been brewing up quite a bit of product behind the scenes.
Check out our new music: I’ve thrown in a bunch of things we’ve been using into this dropbox. Also check out the sound room!

We've got lots of new stuff going on: Check this out for our new major features and portraits!

PNG
Arc%20Merc
Arc will load as a mercenary if you choose an axe fighter to help curb sword favoritism.
Arc%20Oof
New generic fighter animation!
Prep%20Screen%20Support%20Option
We have incorporated the support rework! No text convos yet, but statwise, everything should be in place.
Base%20Support%20Menu
This includes base support convos…
Talk%20Support
… and chapter talk convos.
Promote
We have also incorporated a system that allows promotion at level 15 without a promotion item. Units can promote with an item at level 10.
Promote%202
Bows%20for%20Elanil
This means that selling unneeded promotion items allows me to buy nice things for Elanil…
Snow
Escape
Jasper%20Is%20Right
Knight
We are using SALV cavaliers, paladins, and knights. (Forgive some wonky palettes since many are WIP as we keep changing around battle animations)
Paladin
Military%201
Poison
We are also utilizing my poison rework, including poison weapons which apply 3 poison and toxin weapons, applying 5 poison.
Poison%202
How tf did one soldier poison 3 of my dudes?
Res
We have also reworked resistance. Resistance no longer is handed out all to magic-users and almost none to physical units. With the new system, resistance is handed out more equally between magic-users and physical units. For example, myrmidons now have good resistance, and mages have relatively low resistance. This is in preparation for the incorporation of the FE8 str/mag split when it is ready.
Rex%20Xexim
Richter
%20Longbow
Supply
This has been in for a little while, but items are given to the supply convoy in between some chapters for your use.
Christina
Christina by Zanryu, Star, and NickT.
Clara
Clara (far left) by Zanryu.
Connor
Connor by Pikmin1211.
Forrest
Forrest (right) by Zanryu and Star. (Still slightly wip)
Kendrick
Kendrick by Atey (Sponsored by Bartz).
Maximus
Maximus (far left) by Star and Lenh.
Val
Val (far right) by Hypergammaspaces.
Thank you to all of our artists!

Check out the changelog for more details on what’s new.

Most importantly, we’re proud to present the public release of our first two military paths. In the prologue, simply choose “Military” instead of “Mercenary” to choose a military-esque class and enbark on your journey in the Cesarian military. You and your squadron are taking your final test to become full Cesarian soldiers. Upon passing oh no spoilers, a character will receive a promotion. When all five military paths are complete, you will make a decision here.

Thank you to everyone who has supported us so far, and please let us know of any issues via DMs or our Discord server.

18 Likes

Small updates. No new routes to show off, unfortunately, but we’re hard at work. Check out the changelog for specifics, but notably, we’ve fixed various bugs in the new military paths (Including some broken endings) and lots of rebalance.
Also support bonuses from SupportRework were fixed, and we have many support convos written in a military path! Not to mention talk bubbles appearing for chapter support convos (still slightly WIP).

@1st_lieutenant_noguchi and I recorded the full Altia military path. Check it out!

Ah, and let's not forget new mugs from our AWESOME spriting team.

Adlez
Adlez: Courtesy of Atey (Sponsored by Bartz)
Vicar (middle) and Walter (far left): Courtesy of Atey (Sponsored by Bartz)
Madeleine
Madeleine (In future routes only): Courtesty of Levin

Thank you very much to our spriters! :ok_hand:

Coming sooneventually: Our third military route. Watch out for it!

5 Likes

Heeeey, big fan of how this is looking. I’ll try to find a few minutes to format the updated Forrest before I leave for Cuba next week, didn’t realize it was never done!

6 Likes

Any update?

1 Like

We’ve been waiting for FEE3 to announce stuff, but we can do an impromptu status update.

We have a new military route almost complete (6 new chapters) which we’ll be playing through for FEE3. We’ve got some fantastic new mugs that we’re excited to show off at the next announcement. Thank you, Atey (Sponsored by @Bartz) and @Levin64 for new mugs and @Zmr for an updated Derek mug. :eyes:

Much time had been spent on the new FE8 Strength/Magic Split in the Skill System- getting it working and getting it implemented in LoA were two very distinct and stubborn beasts, but it is fully functional now. For those wanting to use the Strength/Magic Split in the Skill System, I have a Github pull request coming soon (probably in a month or less) that fixes many miscellaneous things.

We’ve also been toying with the stat screen: We’re planning on moving around things like skills to make more room in page 1, and for those with supports, there is a new page 4 in development!

We still need to handle the graphics at the top lol. Each support only appears if it exists, and we’re exploring many options for displaying the data nicely. One option that was recently suggested was working with R-text similar to item descriptions which I’ve yet to try. More on that later.

tldr we’ve got lots of fun stuff that we’re excited to show you all at FEE3. See you there!

7 Likes

Derek is a name so nice you say it twice, only fitting for an updated portrait.

2 Likes

I have a suggestion for this screen. Arrange it like so:

I get what you’re going for with having the legend in the top left, but it looks really sloppy as-is. You can easily fit things and make them look good if the legend is stretched across the top of the screen and each character’s stats are a strip of numbers, with their name and support level above said numbers.

I don’t think it would fit like that. :slightly_frowning_face:
Each line of text/stat number takes 2 vertical tiles. For each entry, there would need 4 vertical tiles (for the name/level and the stats themselves)- a total of a maximum of 20, plus 2 more for the legend. That’s 22.
There appears to only be 18 vertical tiles for our use here. The fundamental issue with doing them horizontally is that it doesn’t make effective enough use of the space. The current system takes 6/2 (3) vertical tiles per entry which barely fits including the legend. That’s why we’re thinking about using R text to display bonuses instead.

Hey, this hack is now on the banner! I have a feeling that this thread will blow up soon.

3 Likes

No offense, but if you can change the map sprites and battle animations of F mercenaries i will be grateful.
Edit: chapter 3 can’t cleared the map fe8%20legend%20of%20avenir-1

1 Like

Ah both of those we’re addressing in the update near FEE3. Unfortunately, that route is broken by me changing character IDs and apparently me forgetting to fix the events/death quotes, though I totally thought I did. I apologize.
As for the female mercenary, that animation is coming as well!
Thanks for playing, and you should be able to play any of the other mercenary routes or the two released military routes.

2 Likes

This is very epic. This is probably my favorite hack concept wise and I can’t wait for it to get even epicer!

1 Like

Not sure if i should leave it here or “Amusing Roms-hacking glitches”
fe8%20legend%20of%20avenir-3 fe8%20legend%20of%20avenir-2 fe8%20legend%20of%20avenir-1

Edit: time to good bye to mercenaries and hello heroines. I even have 2 axes for her promotions… fe8%20legend%20of%20avenir-4
Wwwwwwwwhhhhhhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyyfe8%20legend%20of%20avenir-5

She turned into another tier 1 class? Does it go on forever?

Is that a 20% DEF growth I’m seeing with that stat spread, or did you just get RNG screwed the whole run?

1 Like

Hey those are my glitches! Get your own, buddy. :upside_down_face:
Seriously though, that’s an oof. Will be fixed by FEE3.

That class is indeed Tier 2 and has the Nomad Trooper animation, but “Nomad Trooper” doesn’t really fit iirc. That animation is a placeholder, and a different animation will be used when we have a custom one chosen. Each Tact promotion class has a unique animation.

And wow you got super defense screwed… and luck as well. I’ve seen much better F Merc Tacts.

Not my fault. That’s why better bases than growths

I prefer Heroines than that but it’s your calls.