[FE8] Fire Emblem: Legends of Avenir

Spoilers updated routes+recruitment Military + Mercenary

Legends of Avenir Recruitment Guide - Google Docs

Some1 (Cyclonegale) posted this today on Discord it might help those who want to get all routes and recruits.
Might be good idea to save it as pdf if they take it down.

4 Likes

Update!

Wow this is overdue. Both Noguchi and I have been crazy busy with school and work and a lot of things, but today, we’re proud to bring you our latest version of LoA.

There are two big things dropping with this update

• Skill System update which took a lot of time and energy to finagle into functioning. This includes new skills, custom skills, and a full overhaul of skill handouts. I swear to god I’m never updating the Skill System again.
  • A brand new Mercenary->Help Danaan->Wait->Cesaria route. We were not satisfied with the state of the final three chapters of that route, so we’ve rebuilt them from the ground up.
  • There are also, of course, numerous bugfixes and small balance changes.
Wanna see more?

Avenir-24
Muriel has a new mug courtesy of Retrogamer.
Avenir-25
Xexim has a new mug courtesy of SqrtOfPi (sponsored by Bartz).
Avenir-26
Jurgen has a new mug courtesy of Vlak.
Avenir-27
Arc has a new mug courtesy of SqrtOfPi (sponsored by Bartz).
Avenir-28
Elanil has a new mug courtesy of Atey (sponsored by Bartz).
Avenir-29
Lux has a new mug courtesy of Vlak.
Avenir-31
Gerald has a new mug courtesy of Retrogamer.
Avenir-32
We have some custom skills! All Tacts start with a skill (sorry, no icon yet), First Aid, allowing them to heal allies for a bit.
FirstAid
We hope this should mitigate effects from some routes not having healers.
Avenir-33
We’ve got supports in the new route.
Avenir-34
Avenir-35
Fun tilesets and maps!

What’s next to come?
I’m glad you asked!
We have the mage routes in development, and we are also planning on reworking Mercenary->Help Danaan->Wait->Arcanae and Mercenary->Bandit->Bandit just like we have with the
Merc->Cesaria route. I’ve also got a few wizardry things in the works :wink:

Have fun, and do let me know if you encounter any issues! Patch link and fuller changelog are in the OP :arrow_up:

18 Likes

This is it folks I’m definitely not giving up on playing this one

3 Likes

Your mug selection is impeccable. Big ups to all the creators

3 Likes

Arc’s grizzled old man rating went through the roof!

EDIT: CONNOR, SIR? your BOOBIES?

8 Likes

Thanks for the early Christmas Gift.

2 Likes

I just noticed, in the new screenshot with Arc and Luke, ranacking should be ransacking. Just a minor spelling error. Just thought I should point it out.

2 Likes

Does the new mercenary route means sparing Gerwick or another decision along the story?

1 Like

It’s a replacement of events that occur after chapter 4 of that route. Gerwick is already dead by then, but everything after the Cesaria/Arcanae split (at least for the Cesaria side now) is new.

1 Like

Found a bug, the 5 stack of keys do not open Chests anymore. The command is there but they dont give you anything in the chest. only the 1 stack and 2 stack of keys work from what I seen so far.

2 Likes

Thanks for reporting that, but friendly folks on our discord server have already caught that one. Actually, that’s been fixed in an update.

Thanks for reminding me - We’ve updated with some hotfixes! Please redownload the patch for the fixes.

3 Likes

I’m not sure if it’s because I inserted custom portraits with FEBuilder (the buildfile repo borken) but in Military → Haedric route at least, selecting a unit in the inventory section of the prep screen while said unit is holding an Arms Scroll crashes the game
edit: I haven’t tried the hotfix yet though oops I should have checked before asking about this

(I did find a workaround though, just select a different unit and play hot potato to manage inventories LOL

2 Likes

Just started playing this and I’m having a lot of fun. It’s nice to play something so different from everything else. Also I really love the pirate animation, I never really liked the vanilla one

2 Likes

Sorry for asking guys, but is the mage route available?

1 Like

Nope, read da hack’s description

1 Like

Is the project still ongoing?
(Please be ongoing)

2 Likes

Yes, it is still ongoing. Both devs are in college, so while progress is slower than you’d hope, it is still alive.

2 Likes

Ah I see thank goodness I’m not rushing them or anything just curious well good luck on traversing through college.
Ps: this message is for devs.
Also thank you VernalBloodshine for replying.

3 Likes

Hey so I’ve noticed an error in the game, I thought it should be brought to your attention. Its nothing major or game breaking but potentially very annoying if it ends up killing a unit. In chapter 2 of mercenary > warn danaan > kill gerwick, there’s an archer with 6 spd and a steel longbow right at the very beginning of the map who doubled my myrmidon avatar who has 16 spd. I checked all the stats and skills to make sure I didn’t miss anything , and i have the latest patch. It’s easy to recreate too, each time I’ve tried it ends up happening.

2 Likes

I just checked and the attack speed of the archer displays as 35. That’s 5 less than 40, and his effective attack speed should be -5 (6 spd and 11 wt). it’s an overflow bug, though I don’t think excessive weight does this in vanilla.

1 Like