Gilded Tales is a FE8 hack I started working on on and off while messing around with FEBuilderGBA and realizing I could maybe actually make something with the tool. Back in the Nightmare days I got very easily overwhelmed w/ trying to create hacks, but now I think I can actually go somewhere with it.
The story revolves around a young mercenary girl named Rana unraveling the mystery of her mother’s disappearance and saving the world of Grania from a powerful group of necromancers dubbed “The Unholy” along the way. (Honestly all of this is open to change because the story hasn’t been fully fleshed out yet)
- 3 promotion paths for every class.
- A new class: the bardbarian, an axe and light magic focused bard that “sings” to motivate their teammates.
- skills. (will try to limit their use)
- characters with nonstandard weapons for their classes, ie: a male pegasus rider that uses staves, and potentially more.
- 10+ chapters minimum (Prologue and chapter 1 are currently done, with chapter 2 about 80% completed.)
- Full supports are planned as of the moment, with a potential expansion on the limit of how many each character can have, with the tradeoff of weaker support bonuses.
- Supports are gained via deployment, not standing next to each other.
- a world map if I can figure out how to use it. This is something I REALLY want to do so I’ll be doing my best to learn how to manipulate the map.
- Standard weapons (sword/axe/bow/lance) that have infinite uses but are slightly nerfed. Non-standard weapons have less uses but are slightly buffed. Magic currently unchanged.
7743 for FEBuilderGBA.
Nuramon - Ephraim Infantry, Villager, Dread Fighter
Jj09, Leo_Link, flasuban, DerTheVaporeon - Dark Knight
TBA, Spud, MeatOfJustice - Halberdier
Spud - Marauder
GabrielKnight - Oracle
DerTheVaporeon, Pikmin1211 - War Monk
Leo_link, Iscaneus, DerTheVaporeon - War Cleric
Flasuban - Brigand w/ clothing
Leo_link - Trickster
Eldritch Abomination - Beta Eirika edit
SixthousandHulls, MakeFEGayer - Male Pegasus
DerTheVaporeon - DS Style Pirate, Improved Archer[F]
MK404 - FE9 Fighter
Leo_Link, Spud, MeatOfJustice - Hunter[M]
TBA, Arch, Skitty, Temp - Phantom
Team SALVAGED - Cavalier, Mercenary, and Lancer
eCut, Skitty, belle, St jack - T2 Ephraim + more weapons
Ayr, Raspberry - Arbalest
Orihara_Saki - scroll icons (for bardbarian spells)
Zelix - Levin Sword and Bolt Axe icons
Peerless - shortsword icon
Zane - sword icon
lovemachine - greatlance and poleaxe icons
LaurentLacroix (miscellaneous portraits, Horvald, Ariana)
Levin64(Ronnie & Ariana)
SkillSystem by CirclesEverywhere
Magic Axe fix - Midori
Modular Minimug Box - Zane
3 promotion branches - aera
show heal amount - Tequila
blinking portraits on status screen - Stan
CookieMaster - checkered status screen
Current issues(all resolved in future patch!)
- The current version of the hack is using an outdated skillsystem patch and I need to figure out if it’s possible to switch to the new one without breaking everything.
- for some reason I can’t change the movement sounds of classes, so the peg has cavalry movement sounds. The editor has a movement sound tool that just seems to not work at all? don’t understand how to fix this one.
- Can’t get both visitable tiles to work at the same time on chapter 1. Trying to figure this out.
Please share any issues you find in upcoming versions (or this one if there are any).
the hack is very early in development and I am open to any and all criticism and suggestions! All growths, bases, palettes etc of characters are subject to change for now, but I wanted to show off the little bit of what I’ve made so far.