[FE8] [COMPLETE] Fire Emblem: Flames of Redemption (Version 1.5 out!)

I’m currently at Chap 21 after the conversation and i got the axe the game turn black.

I found the solution, when the game turn black, just reset the game and resume and you may continue to next chapter :+1:

1 Like

Just finished it! This is one of my favorites at the moment, you actually got me with each and every turn the plot took, I was looking forward to the next part of the story after every chapter. My Roman turned into an absolute UNIT!

1 Like

Yes, I’m still alive. I sure wish my days were longer so I could work at my day job and still have time for all my 300 hundred personal projects, but they’re not. Anyway, here’s version 1.04, with almost no changes aside from bug fixes. As always, the download link is in the OP.

Patch
  • Fixed a bug involving the weapon ranks. For real this time! (sorry)
  • Fixed a few cutscene effects (not all of them).
  • Fixed the glitchy screen at the very end of CH6.
  • Fixed the camera movement in the first cutscene of CH7.
  • Fixed a bug where Emil would not be recruitable if he attacked you.
  • Fixed a bug where Reiner would come back from the dead in CH17 even if he died in the previous chapter.
  • Removed the BGM when using Magni or Heimdallr.
  • Decreased leadership stars from a playable character and gave leadership stars to some bosses.
Guide
  • Amir and Victoria have been added to the character list (I forgor before).

I want to ramble about the future of this (and my other forgotten) hack.

A LOT of words

Sheesh, I don’t know where to begin. FoR was a very personal project that was born from me just messing around with hacking tools a few years ago. Like many other games I made before, I didn’t intend to release it anywhere, and I was honestly terrified of doing so. Thankfully, this community ended up being pretty constructive as far as feedback goes. If anything, it might be a little too kind, if there’s such a thing, lol.

I don’t wish to imply that this hack is a big deal, because it isn’t. It’s amateurish at best. There are still bugs, balance changes, and typos even after a dozen updates. The truth is that it will never be perfect; not even close. I know some people would like to see more updates (such as balancing), but I can’t see myself making many more changes aside from the occasional typo or bug fix. And it’s not because I don’t care about the hack or anything; quite the contrary: I feel like I’ve come to love it despite its flaws.

This might seem like a cope, but I’ve always thought that it’s better to stop at some point. I don’t want to be the next George Lucas and start making unnecessary changes simply to justify another re-edition. I think art is a product of its time. This has always been a personal project, and I suck at asking for help, so it will stay that way. However, any suggestion or feedback is still appreciated, because it’s always nice to know what I did wrong, and I might change my mind or something.

In short, I want to thank this community for being awesome. I’m an introvert, and I don’t really have much confidence, but I hope I can contribute someday. This hack is really special to me for various reasons, and it has unironically helped me grow both personally and even professionally. Right now, I’m working on a game unrelated to FE, but my love for this series is still going strong. So, if possible, I’d still like to work on more projects like this in the future.

Anyway, if you actually read all of this, thanks lol. And for the three people waiting for the next patch of my other hack, let’s just say it’s going to take a while :tm:. It might even come back with a different name…

13 Likes

It’s been some months that I tried FoR (sadly I didn’t finished it), but I liked quite a lot my experience on the hack !

I’m amaze that it was your first released project, because there was a lot of very ambitious things that you handled very well in the hack ! :smile:

spoiler

Like, I loved the twist of the early game and then all the sadness everytime you have to confront your former friends turned foes :smiling_face_with_tear:

2 Likes

You have another hack!? What’s it called is it a sequel to this one? I feel like the ending left this open to a sequel.

1 Like

I started another hack this year, but it plays a little bit different.

It hasn’t been updated in a long while, but I’m actually going to release a new version soon, and I’m planning to rename the hack. As for the story, it does take place in the same world, before the events of FoR; just don’t expect a full prequel or anything. I plan to include some characters from FoR and connect both stories in a way, but it’s mostly a new story with a new protagonist.

Eventually, I’d like to make a proper follow-up to FoR… Maybe I’ll get around to it next year.

4 Likes

Loved your hack, i was hopingfor a b route with the cute little alchemist surviving the end, but, still loved, thank you.

1 Like

will you be offended if I cheat in chapter 8 because like, it feels like I have no control over what happens in that chapter :weary:
My provoke guys get oneshot by Lily…
Rebekkah gets twoshot by like half the enemy units and has damage output so pathetic she can’t defeat any enemies that aggro onto her which means either she dies or the baron guy dies

maybe I am just bad

Um, not at all, LOL. Whatever makes the experience more enjoyable for you is good ^^

I’m liking the hack so far, very interesting premise for the first 6 chapters. Haven’t finished the hack yet but wanted to report a bug I noticed after finishing chapter 7. This bug occurred using VBA with the supports patch.

For chapter 7 every time you save, the next time you reload Roman dumps his inventory into the convoy and then he gets a new Voulge and vulnerary.

I stumbled into this bug my mistake because I thought I had forgotten to save my preps when I noticed Roman didn’t have the iron axe I gave him. Didn’t notice the extra Voulges until I was in chapter 8 preps. You could potentially exploit this to give Roman unlimited Voulges, but I don’t feel this is very practical because it runs the risk of clogging your convoy if you give yourself too many because they are treasure. Also for all I know this could just be something exclusively on my end because I don’t see anyone else reporting it. Sadly can’t post a picture yet, account too new.

1 Like

Thanks for trying the hack and reporting the bug. I actually did notice it a while ago, but ended up forgetting when it was time to fix bugs. Oops. I’ll make sure to note it down so I can fix it eventually. Hopefully, no one will abuse it in the meantime…

And again, thanks! I hope you continue to enjoy the hack.

I’m having an issue with the RR where Gaul can’t summon. He tries to summon, but nothing happens, and he gains exp. Great for getting some guaranteed exp every turn, not so great if you actually need a summon.

1 Like

New version! There’s a lot of changes, but nothing huge. It’s mostly just QoL improvements and balance changes.

Changes
  • Added Casual mode as an option.
  • You can now speed up animations by holding “R”.
  • Level up screen goes slightly faster.
  • Set default animation to option “2” (With backgrounds).
  • Fixed a bug where Miriam would sometimes disappear in CH1.
  • Fixed a bug where you would be forced to throw items at the end of CH1.
  • The friendly reinforcements in CH8 now arrive a turn earlier.
  • The secondary boss of CH11 will now leave after you enter the throne room.
  • Minor adjustments for better map flow.
  • Fixed a bug where you could duplicate the Voulge. Its uses have also been lowered to 40.
  • Increased Amir’s base stats, growths, and gave him a Horseslayer.
  • Increased Lyla’s base lvl to 9.
  • Increased Marco’s class caps to compensate for his lack of promotion.
  • Increased Skyla’s RES growth.
  • Increased HP growth for the following characters: Skyla, Lyla, Alice, Julianne, Nadja, Talia, and Victoria.

And finally, this went undocumented earlier in a stealth patch, but the title screen was modified.

1 Like

@Shiza is it on support viewer as well?

Yes, the update applies to both versions of the patch. The only difference is that the “fefor with support room” patch has the support room with all conversations unlocked from the beginning. This room is disabled altogether in the normal version.

By the way, I’ve also updated the Reverse Recruitment patch to fix the bug where Gael couldn’t summon.

Hello. Just started playing this hack and I am having a great time. Quick question though: how do I recruit Talia? There is no talk function nor hint as to how to recruit her in the map you fight her in? Not sure if I missed out on my chance to recruit all the characters. I’m on Chapter 14 btw. Overall, fantastic game so far. Great job!

Also, I think that Ayla needs some dialogue or a recruit function in her chapter. Maybe some dialogue post-chapter would make her recruitment more satisfying.

1 Like

Thank you for the kind words.

• You can recruit Talia with Skyla, and only her. (Unfortunately, Ch10 is your only chance to get her)
  • You can recruit Lyla with either Skyla or Talia, although she will join automatically if you keep her alive.
  • There is a conversation at the end of Ch11, but only if Skyla, Lyla and Talia are alive.

Edit: You might want to bring Skyla and/or Lyla in Ch15 for an additional character.

I hope you continue to enjoy the game.

1 Like

Absolutely! I want to be able to complete the game knowing I’ve recruited all available characters. I was wondering if you could share a copy of the recruitment guide? Looking forward to enjoying the rest of this playthrough! I’m a big fan of this rom hack! Unique, challenging, and incredibly fun!

1 Like

The first post has it, where it says general guide, but here it is as well:

click here

Hello again! I started a new playthrough and made it to the end of chapter 21. But when I seize with Rebekka, I get a black screen. Is there something I did wrong?

(Btw, major compliments to you. This rom hack is insanely fun to play. I have never had such a satisfying experience playing a romhack before!)

1 Like