All this is mostly incorrect now. I’ve been making big changes and all that so tons of stuff is very different and arguably better. Most notable additions are skills and map do-overs. I’ll probably just post part 1 publicly when I’m done with it which should be ~14 ish chapters. My workflow is fairly good with a few hiccups every now and then but I’m alone so its slow. Feel free to play this crash course if you want but don’t expect much from it. Might rework this whole post soon but it’s unlikely. Thanks for the feedback constructive or not and see you in a few months I guess.
Yo. I’m Ysor. As of now I’ve yet to make an introduction. That aside I present my hack.
Fire Emblem: The Blackwing Struggle
Progress 4/?? | ??% Complete
V.0.2 Is now up. Fixed most known issues
- ~30 chapters, even if I release in 10 chapter increments
- Finish something
- Take pride in something I’ve made
Be on the lookout for my official introduction for more about me as a person.
Fresh out of an informant the Blackwings go to investigate their now silent friend only to get involved in a succession race. Xael carries the blood of the king and eventually is willing to accept the responsibilities. Join him as he goes across the country and gaining allies and enemies alike. As fate would have it The Blackwings weren’t always thieves, they used to be prosperous assassins under the moniker of The Bloodwing Assassins. That business breeds enemies quickly and even though they were integral to the now deceased King’s plight they couldn’t escape their past.
The Budding nation of Acraylia suddenly losses it’s king. The public, who know nothing of his heir, frantically search for a worthy king. The nobles, who do not care about an heir, battle among themselves for power in the rising oligarchy all while bandits, using the chaos as a guise, tear the country apart. The very people who kept order as the King’s elite are forbidden to interfere. The country will crumble if left unchecked, with that in mind many seek a source of hope for their nation. Xael finds himself in a position to be the people’s hope, whether he realizes it or not; thanks to that The Blacking Thieves have a chance to save this county. This journey starts with a search for a friend, will you see how it ends?
Xael, The Lord.
- A young man initially unaware of his heritage who is a well trained thief and assassin. His upbringing, specifically the death of his mother, left him suffering. The aforementioned death of his mother is what cause his mortality salience and intense fear of death; ironic is the assassin who is afraid to die. Through the years he has been slowly overcoming it but it remains a part of his journey.
Reynard, The experienced.
- In his past he was the leader of The Bloodwings and as such has killed many a man. He now leads the re branded Blackwings in their struggle for survival. Despite the loss of many of his closest friends and sister he remains a stoic individual and a disciplinary figure in Xael’s life. As his uncle he is aware if Xael’s connection to the king, yet for some reason he hides it.
Sark, The Crazy.
- Sark can be a bit hyperactive at times but he’s a very capable assassin. Crass and cynical, he has a habit of saying too much. When he’s not talking he’s fighting or tending to his weapons. Sark’s insensitivity and love for battle can be traced back to his older brother, Varken, who was a prominent assassin during the heyday of The Bloodwings. Varken held the title of the Bloody Hurricane, a title that Sark inherited upon his brother’s death. Despite his imperfections and influence of his brother deep down Sark is a compassionate person who cares deeply for his allies.
- If Sark is fire Aaron is ice. He can be on par with Sark in terms of enthusiasm, just not showing it. He’s not exactly an introvert he just isn’t as expressive as the rest of The Blackwings. Under his blank exterior lies earnest and pure emotions that coincide with his ties to his allies. He’s dependable and sturdy in contrast to his speedier friends. He is Blair’s brother.
Blair, The Whimsy.
- Free flowing, energetic, and unpredictable. Blair lives with a personalized set of rules that prioritize fun in most cases. Although she is a member of The Blackwings she comes and goes as if she’s just visiting, going out to gather local information. She has a knack for solo missions but will help the herd if they’re struggling. Her whimsy can be interpreted as refreshing or insubordination depending on who you ask. She has many scars from her solo outings and she thinks they are unique. She is Aaron’s sister.
Abigail, The Guts.
- Despite barely being in her teens Abigail can handle herself in the world of thieves and killers. She has a strong will and doesn’t let anything hold her back nor stop her from speaking her mind. She may seem like and unrefined, headstrong child but she’s unusually clever and can keep up with The Blackwings’ schemes quite well. With her bow she can do what’s expected of her and much more.
Jack, The Talker.
- The most unlucky man alive has no place in the world of thieves yet he’s here anyways. Jack doesn’t fight but provides logistic services that would otherwise hinder The Blackwings.
He has quite a way with words when he’s trying to persuade someone, otherwise it’s snide remarks and sarcasm all around. He doesn’t consider himself a coward, he’s a fan of self preservation.
- Modified Rogue Robbery, Much love @Tequila
- Weapon triangle neutral Daggers, Thanks @Snakey1
- Passive boosts, @Venno you are great
- Hybrid classes( Just rogue for now)
- Personal Weapons
Down for mantenence
Feedback is necessary for sucess so feel free to
tear me a new one let me have it!
- Throwing dagger icon graphical issue
- Throwing dagger pallet is ruined
- Initial release
- Fixed Issues.
- Dialogue changes.
- Rogue Class Rework
- Rhona becomes playable in chapter 2
- Daggers have less uses
- Changed Aaron, Rhona, and Reynard’s base stats
- Wrote supports for for Xael/Reynard(C - A), Sark/Aaron(C - A), Abigail/Rhona(Only C)