[FE8] FE:BR (MOBA Emblem) (1.04)

If there has been an update to the animation that fixes the softlocking, I will definitely include it. I haven’t seen any update but I probably missed it.

I ended up just taking the animation code and copy pasting the ranged animation into the melee slots and injecting that back into FEBuilder in my rebalance, it was much faster than using FEBuilder’s editor.

Alternatively there’s code to ‘always use ranged’ you could probably expand out to all Bows and any handaxe type weapon. But I didn’t dig into it.

EDIT: There’s a patch that lets you add weapons to the ‘always use ranged’ table, you could just add Sue’s bow to it.

2 Likes

Just played pretty much all of this hack and had a blast. Just wanted to mention that Ranulf is stupidly strong, like to an absurd degree. His stats are just way above everyone else’s, he can almost one round a Summoner at level 1. Really helpful for all the times you need to replay maps to unlock all the characters and do all the quests but he really just feels impossible to beat and almost unkillable when you use him.

3 Likes

I downloaded the project last night and i tried it until 2020 redux map.

My only character in play was serra which work as both, summoner and healer.
I love the fact that she gets erk help to deal damage at the very early moments of the game.
I love the concept of the game and the fact that it has various maps.

But here are some things i think that should be changed from my perspective.
Serra and Erk should share experience. There’s a patch that allows that. Since yes Serra has her weapon but the main dealer is Erk and you just won money and not experience. This could be difficult sometimes because if the enemy hero dies then it will revives stronger and would be very difficult for you to kill it now.

I also think that serra should have the skill live to serve to recover life when she is healing.
I think miracle is fine, the one that heals her while you have a near male is fine, damiselle is GREAT but yeah I was expecting live to serve tbh

For me Nino is too Op her main weapon allows to attack from 1-3 and has adept so she can kill any unit without being countered.

Renault start life is just too much.

2020 Redux map gave me problems at turn 70, the game started spaming copies of the hero ( renault ) so yeah completely destroyed

Those are my thoughts as far and i would love to see more improvements in this project

And i would also to request replicate some aspects you have in this project. I like mobas and i think this was very cool. I would love to make something similar in the future. Greetings

I just played with Elffin cause I’m a big fan of Support Characters in Moba.
The thing is that it may works well as enemy since enemies shares the same army so it can refresh / sing for another unit

But when you play the character you don’t have any other Blue unit yo refresh so his main weapon and first skill becomes useless

I recommend to add him a summoner role like serra to use the refresh skill property

i have been playing this a lot and have noticed a few questionable design choices.
the enemy respawn level gain is balanced almost perfectly for 1v1, but in 2v2, it isn’t even close the ai snowballs extremely hard as there aren’t enough sources of player exp to keep up with the growth, leading to completely unwinnable fights, because how are a lv2 and 4 supposed to deal with a lv7 since now the lv7 cant be hit, by either player unit.
I feel that the player needs either this system to work on player units (exclusively in 2v2 or above as every added unit dilutes the exp), or in 2v2 it take more turns for the ai to reach higher levels, or for a more interesting choice neutral revenants that give players large amounts of exp, but don’t move, and give exp based upon level difference between player unit that killed it and current highest level enemy, like how some mobas have basically free exp monsters around the map.

the game really doesn’t like how Sue’s bow is, it lets you attack at 1 range which crashes the game, i feel that it needs to be like how close counter works, where the bow cant initiate attack at 1 range but can counter at 1 range, the crash only seems to happen when attacking at 1 range with the bow, not when countering

2020 redux is an awkward map, its designed like it wants to be a 200+ turn map but you have to win before the ai hero’s first death or its a lv2 vs a lv7 and you just lose automatically, if you cant fully avoid the hero, and one life the tactician. (this is how i beat ranulf with mozu lol)

ranulf is also giga-broken, nihil is a good skill for bad units, but should never be placed on a strong one, when he hits 10 its game over all counterplay is now negated, his rampage can not be reasonably stopped on purpose.

Finally, seal stat skills don’t clear the debuff on respawn, it just removes 1 turn from the counter, making seal skills far more powerful than one would reasonably expect

1 Like