[FE8] [Completed] The Sacred Trilogy Reskin and Rebalance

No, I just hit 255 without knowing you could expand the table. Add to this the fact that I mismanaged custom spell animations and I quickly reached the 32 or so MB limit of the ROM, preventing me from including the unarmed animations. The entire problem was just me being noobish and not knowing this stuff from the start lol. This is my first project after all.

2 Likes

FEBuilder has a defragment option to open up space. I don’t know how it works though, so you could ask 7743 and maybe he can explain it better.

To everyone playing this hack: I want to know what you think about the AI tweak that prevents enemies from attacking player units to which they deal 0 damage.

• Keep it
  • Remove it

0 voters

Voted for removal but I’ll accept both, it’s a bit of a pain in the ass when enemy units don’t attack the tank but it’s also logical for the enemy to avoid useless attacks.

Definitely keep it. Unless for some bizarre reason, players would never do it either, why force the ai to?

2 Likes

Wow. 30 votes and it’s 50/50

People are really divided about this.

The problem with this type of AI is that it’s a direct nerf to high-DEF units, like knights. Knights already suck enough, so another nerf is not what they need.

However, the problem with not using this sort of AI is that it’s really dumb for AI to attack units they either cannot hit or cannot damage. It makes sense they’d just go around the big tanky or super fast guy.

So, it’s a lose/lose situation.

1 Like

Agreed. Personally, I do prefer to prevent the AI from doing that, because it is simply dumb, like Marimo said. Vanilla knights are also pretty underwhelming, but I buffed them here giving them one more wepon type and increased MOV.

2 Likes

One thing I didn’t mention; if you include the AI and make enemies ignore units they can’t damage, you can still give the player a knight with Provoke, or items that grant Provoke, and so on, to manipulate the AI. Then your knight isn’t nerfed, and it still makes logical sense for the enemies to attack them.

2 Likes

Excluding kings there are only two possible knights in the game so I think provoke could work well as a knight exclusive skill.

I think it should be a personal skill of Gilliam’s rather than a class skill. It’d do nothing for the ai as a class skill as the player is not forced to adhere to it.

Edit: Reasoning is a class skill should be something that both the player and ai can use fairly.

3 Likes

You’re right. That’s also the reason why I made all rally skills personal.

1 Like

I vote for them to stay, since it benefits summoners a lot more specifically to their summons, since a unit with provoke, example: Gillian could not withstand more than 2 or 3 attacks from magic enemies at a distance with Purgue, Bolting or Shadowshot especially if it is a Gorgon, and since those weapons only have 5 durability, you will not have to pray for Gillian to dodge those attacks, as well as bosses that move like Formontis or other bosses that have a very devastating attack like enemies and rulers of the Lagdou ruin. that’s my opinion.

I personally dis agree with you, in my playthrough, i found it wastes valuable turn time and ruins ranked runs because they simply block your path.

I wonder if there is a workaround that can be implemented. Cause yeah the armies of Grado shouldn’t just smash their face into you cause they’re not incompetent. But could it be implemented on only the monsters especially in the Valni and Ruins? The grouping of weaker monsters just makes it time consuming and annoying to keep attacking them on your turns.

You can also argue that despite being mindless monsters they might have some kind of animal instinct that allows them to avoid attacking hard enemies you know like (doggie monster: this hard don’t attack) kind of simple thoughts.
I think @Marimo 's solution is the best one since Gilliam is the only knight most people will use, having Amelia with halberdier or dragoon classes available and all that.

2 Likes

Yes, I agree. And to take something out for ranked or LTC sake kinda tastes bad as a player imho. I want to push back that this would make generals less accessible for players - especially if Gilliam is given provoke it makes using him just that more likely. Keep the option to have Amelia go that route if the player really wishes it but aside from meme/lol runs even in vanilla who makes Amelia go down that route :joy: :joy:

1 Like

Hello there is still no date or more or less in which month the latest version can be released.

It’s done up until chapter 16. Tower of Vani also completed. Be patient, I’ll finish soon :tm:

4 Likes

Lagdou ruins is the hardest challenge in the game right? Are extra-characters recruitment conditions the same as in vanilla FE8? If so have you though about making those characters accessible earlier? The tower is okay since you’re going to complete it more than once while training characters, but the ruins are hard to complete thrice just to obtain everyone.

2 Likes