[FE8] [Completed] The Sacred Trilogy Reskin and Rebalance

Ok, right off the bat…dat Valter battle animation is clean.

3 Likes

Ah, right on.
It does make the UI look cleaner, for sure. Thanks for replying so quickly!

1 Like

Agreed, love it.

Its TIME! I can’t contain the anxiety of wanting to play!

Too Much Energy GIFs | Tenor

2 Likes

Cara, eu queria MUITO ter utiizado o seu Roy, mas não consegui achar uma maneira sensata de incluí-lo no hack. :confused:
Ele é tão fera que iria roubar o protagonismo dos gêmeos.

1 Like

Ei, não se preocupe. Eu entendo mais que perfeitamente decisões que são tomadas em pro da consistência, mas fico extremamente feliz e lisonjeado ler que você queria adicionar meu trabalho na sua hack. Espero que um dia possamos trabalhar em alguma coisa juntos :heavy_heart_exclamation:

1 Like

So stoked to play the final version. This has been the best remaster I’ve ever played. Thanks for sharing your vision with us!

1 Like

Final Update is Here!!! I’m excited to play this on my day off. Thank you very much for all the effort on this hack!

1 Like

Just used google translate dont mind but i will be super hyped to see the two of you work together and see what great hack you two bring forth :heart:

3 Likes

i will miss you man, you have created my favourite fe hack, and the one and only hack i beat it more than 1 times. Good luck man.
PD: Amelia is garbage. Why she has a lot of magic? She cannot use it! Blessed Heart is a good hack, uses new weapons to give those magic stat a use.

1 Like

If it bothers you, give her imbue skill. Or a flame lance

1 Like

Is mine supposed to look like the screenshots color wise?

I’m using shaders in those screenshots, so no.

Hello, I’m new, and I’m interested in the project.

I have a few questions about the version compatibility for 2.0 full

Currently, I’m on 1.3.1 full on chapter 10 on Erika’s route and no one is promoted.

From previous post from Ultra Fenix is he implying that as long as I have a save file before chapter 14 the save files should be good on my previous version?

Comparing the applied patches through the application FEBuilderGBA ver2023831.08 using the default event assemblers.

The two items that appeared to have changed are in position 86: lvaldi to Mjolnir and position 89: Melitis Tome to a new Dragonstone.

Some other interesting things about the items is that some of the parenthetical or edited items no longer seem edited within the application.

I haven’t completely seen the change in events and their positions.

If I choose to use update 1.3.1 to 2.0 with it be compatible with your later iterations of 2.0 or is the file structure too different?

Thanks, in advance.

1 Like

Is it intended that the Bethroen preparations armory sells Light Brand, Luna, Elthunder?

Well, I would advice against using a save from an older version, but since you asked…

The ROM was rebuilt in order to free up more space, then I spent many days testing to check if the process resulted in any glitches or unexpected behavior. I found 3:

1. Ross as a Journeyman would automatically promote to a Fighter upon reaching level 10 without letting the player choose which class they wanted. The easiest solution I found was to mirror the Journeyman’s class (which is originally sloted in ID 3D) to a new empty slot (CD). If you load a save from the previous version and your Ross is still a Journeyman, you will probably run into this issue.
  2. Sometimes, after playing multiple Tower of Valni levels in a row, some enemies will randomly begin to get a +2 bonus to their movement. Simply reloading the game resets everything to normal.
  3. The save title for when the player reaches Creature Campaign will simply show as a blank box. This is purely visual and does not affect anything else.

There were indeed two item replacements. The first one was item ID 86 (Battle Axe) being replaced by Mjolnir. Mjolnir was the final S rank spell that I couldn’t add before because there was no space available for the animation. Upon careful consideration, I determined that the Battle Axe sucked balls, thus it was replaced.

The new dragonstone is the weapon of a new character in Lagdou Ruins 10. Unfortunately, I needed to get rid of the Meti’s Tome in order to make space for it. I chose to do this because the Meti’s Tome is not really particularly useful in this hack since Juna Fruits are obtainable and also because it is straight up useless in fixed growths mode. The Meti’s Tome in the desert was replaced by a White Gem.

I’m not sure I understand what you meant here…

I set up new flags to prevent certain events from happening more than once and fixed conditionals in others that were previously implemented poorly. For instance, there was an issue with the chapter 19x end event that resulted in Anna and Jake joining even if the player had not recruited Anna.

Since you’re quite early in the game, you could try. But please make a backup before. If strange stuff start happening, it’s not my fault lol. I still recommend starting a new game though.

Yes, shop inventories were greatly improved from vanilla and the preparation shop is dynamic and will constantly change as the player progresses.

1 Like

I know I should wait for it but my anticipation is getting the best of me. What are you waiting on implementing? I wanna play now but knowing there’s one final thing coming is stopping me lol if you can’t straight up tell can you say how game changing it’ll be? Thanks for all your hard work on this gem! I’ve been following since day one and finally have gotten some time to play through again.

There is a problem with Valter whenever he attacks at 2 range with his spear if the person he is attacking can counter attack the game will just softlock after Valter attacks

I like this Hack so far. To be honest, I played FE8 so many times, that I will take my time to play it until the end, but I think this one is the best FE8 remake so far. Because you put a lot of work into making the original better than it is and not creating new content like „The Princess Lament“. The Princess Lament by the way is a real good hack, but an other idea than this Hack :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: :sweat:

1 Like

Well I waited this long. No problem waiting for 3-4 weeks more

1 Like