[FE8] [Completed] The Sacred Trilogy Reskin and Rebalance

Lunatic mode is more or less what people that need even harder challenges want, but there is soooooo much to balance, and especially the skill system, this hack is already done at this point so yeah… just enjoy it the way it is, and people haven’t tried the ruins? Apparently they are pretty hard, that if you don’t try to make some OP builds and all of that. Like just using characters with their default skill set

Say you’re a tryhard FE elitist without saying you’re a tryhard FE elitist:

4 Likes

Lol accurate :rofl:

Not at all, i just want to able to use the features and systems FE is build upon like weapon triangle etc, in most romhacks u dont even have to think, u can just send a lance user into axe users and be completely fine or tank an entire map with just 1 char, its too easy!
I had no idea wanting to actually use my brain to complete a map is Elitist (lol what??) :clown_face:

Now offcourse i do understand not evrything need to be hard since some ppl just want to enjoy the story so it would be pretty nice if there are options in difficulty like normal mode for casual players and hard mode for ppl who want a challenge, that is all.

So go play the hard mode…

1 Like

Well, your username checks out lol, but yeah, like fenix said, just play the hard mode, if that ain’t hard enough, use FEBuilder and make it harder or something idk

3 Likes

Try iron emblem. where all your units are generics so you and the enemy are even.

1 Like

He need more hard game like iron emblem with 0%growth rate or 100% negative growthrate :joy:

1 Like

Its time to make Dark Souls Emblem LOOL

2 Likes

Ok so, I just played chapter 19x on hard and…yikes. I get it now, guys. That whole chapter will get seriously nerfed.

Yeah, lethality+peerless tactician is already disgusting, but Aegis and Pavise is going even further.

This is not the first time people asked for an even harder mode. Maybe I will make a lunatic mode in the future.

Maybe.

If I get motivated enough.

Don’t count on it though. :stuck_out_tongue:

Thank you for the kind words. If that’s how you feel, then I have succeeded with this project.

3 Likes

“Ok so, I just played chapter 19x on hard and…yikes. I get it now, guys. That whole chapter will get seriously nerfed.”

If it wasn’t for my Gilliam tanking those spiders and making a Dance Warp strat, to get Arbalest Vanessa to Jake to protect him and kill that bandit that can RNG kill him before even reach him… I think I wouldn’t have been able to go through the Chapter.

I wanna Flex tho, after figuring out a good first turn, It was a very enriching experience cause I manage to defeat all the enemy bosses. Actually made me sweat, but yeah, prob a nerf cause the difficult spike after Rausten court is kinda high.

Question, how do I increase enemy stats by, let’s say 30%? I know there was a software to make this easy with a ROM, but I don’t remember the name and I don’t seem to find a youtube video that adresses this topic.

Did you delete the Dropbox link on purpose or are you doing some kind of adjustments?

What do you mean? Is the link broken?

Last night the dropbox link at the end of the first post said “file deleted”, but now it works.

1 Like

Right. The last update should be ready by tomorrow.

7 Likes

Uma ótima oportunidade de Resetar meu save, já que promovi e usei algumas unidades que depois me arrependi, parei no Ch.14. Mau posso esperar para amanhã :heavy_heart_exclamation:

(A great opportunity to Reset my save, as I promoted and used some units that I later regretted, I stopped at Ch.14. I can’t wait for tomorrow )

3 Likes

Version 2.0 is out now
This will most likely be the final update for this hack. I played through the entire thing and fixed everything wrong I could find. Fixed broken texts, cutscenes, event conditionals, etc. Also included a lot of new support conversations written by @adalvar (Valter and Riev also have boss quotes against Seth and Moulder, respectively).

For the bad news, this version is incompatible with the previous version, because the ROM was rebuilt, I changed a few things and replaced two items with new ones. Good news is that this is the final update, so there will be no more incompatibilities lol

Also, Chapter 19x was heavily nerfed. It’s still somewhat challenging, but a lot more manageable now.

I will update the guide properly in the following days to reflect the new changes, but I’m a little bit busy irl at the moment, so please be patient.

Now, I know some will be eager to try it out right now, but there’s a cool new feature in the works for this hack, but it may take a few weeks to be ready, so you may want to wait for that.

Enjoy.

12 Likes

I’m getting broken text in the stat screen during a map for weapon durability. It displays the uses, however, does not display overall durability. Unless that’s intentional.

It’s intentional. The hack is using @GigaExcalibur’s awakening-style durability. It gets rid of that annoying -- / -- symbol on unbreakable items and makes the interface cleaner imho.

3 Likes