[FE8] [Completed] The Sacred Trilogy Reskin and Rebalance

Just sounds like playstyle differences to me, not something that warrants an edit…

I was also bothered by it, reducing the viability of endgame potential. However it didn’t really bother me since Provoke was still available from other classes at the time I played and updated Sacred Trilogy (Provoke Gold Knight and Monarch) which those were better users of. As Adalvar said, skill scrolls will allow you to overwrite skills you want to replace.

(I also would love if movement skills weren’t class skills since they would not be able to be replaced by other skills and honestly that feels like a nerf compared to classes that have access to crit boost as their class skill, they could just be made learnable at level 1 or level 2 instead)

Ok a few things to note:

• 1: Why would you ever go General on Kyle, since he’s a mounted unit? You’re taking away half of his identity/utility.

• 2: In Amelia’s case, General was one of her two vanilla options, so the reason why she has General as a option is because she had it in vanilla?. I can agree that alot of the tertiary branch options for promotion are…lackluster to put it mildly (hello War Monk Ross) and could do with a balance pass to make them more appealing, but there will always be choices that are optimal compared to others.

• 3:

Hum…maybe in a vaccum…but when you pair that up with Provoke and suddenly enemy phase becomes much more managable, due to Gilliam’s ability to act as a living lightning rod, soaking up damage at a lower risk of death, while also doing retaliation damage that will set up kills for your allies is a degree of utility that cannot be underestimated. And hell, if you wanna make him a solo threat, throw in a Brave Weapon and watch those speedy Swordmasters, Dreadfighters, Cerberus, etc get a taste of their own poison.

• 4:

At what difficulty were you playing that you weren’t getting doubled by things like DreadFighters, FalcoKnights, Arbalests, freaking Cerberus? Even if you got a blessed speed Gilliam, those things are speed monsters on post-game/higher difficulty settings. I get units in FE8 are slow, but they are not FE7 slow.

At this stage, we’re all just losing our mind waiting for the next update. xD

1 Like

Ah I haven’t seen the Dread Fighter units yet, i’m assuming that is beyond where I am (C17 latest beta patch) it will probably be in 19 all the speedy bois turn up and the General skill might prove useful. I am on Difficult and its been pretty manageable so far. I definitely agree some class promotions are useless and/or suck, Ross should get Reaver or something. (Caellach class) And my point was that if General is never viable for Kyle or Amelia, it deserves some kind of buff perhaps to make it more palatable (the aesthetics matter more anyway. Generals look cool)

the dread fighters show up in FoW chapter where you have to defend Mansel, on the bottom left corner of the map. They are mixed damage glass cannon units (think the love child of a Sage and a Swordmaster), with one of the most annoying skill sets in the game for enemy phase.

Also all the classes of Creature Campaign units are unique to them, to make the units more appealing for player use.

i’m looking at you, meteor Dread Fighter on Lagdou Ruins on floor 4

They were even worse back then btw. They could trigger Astra on frigging Meteor, which is about a death sentence if you don’t have provoke on your first Lagdou ruin runs

2 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sx5D76nLdk&ab_channel=DannyBoy8406

Live reaction to seeing a 5-stage Meteor blazing into your face.

I have a few problems with this hack that i have experienced so far. 1 crit rates, i dont know if this is that much of a problem but for me its a little unfair to see a bolting mage come from nowhere with no warning with no way to get all units out of range and with the crit rate on bolting, that puts everyone in range in mortal peril. I have died to this and i cant be the only one. Remove the crit on bolting in exchange for some extra might. 2 hit rates, its not uncommon to see someone with weapon triangle advantage not even make 50 hit. At the mid game the only ways ive had 100 hit is via wind magic, nemi, and sword users like gerik with weapon triangle on a fighter. Not warriors just fighters. Even accurate classes like wyvern knight still only gets like 80 hit on a pegasus with an iron lance. Chapter 15 in general is a mess for Erika route as thats the one ive played. First it starts out fine and then when Ephraim and friends show up, they are on the run essentially. Unlike original fe8, dussel cannot handle valters army for more than 1 turn because he gets doubled. Knoll is nearly usless due to getting 2 shot. And Ephraim is the only one who can kill the cavs coming from the forts. This would be fine as its like a rescue mission however there 2 big problems. 1 dussel, he cannot live on his own for long but his 16 con makes him nearly impossible to rescue. Combined with his class lowering his move to 1 on sand making it nearly impossible for him to escape, number 2, the reinforcements. If i recall correctly there was a sage, mage knight, multiple cavs, and a some mages, one of witch has bolting. Unless you prepare specifically for this map, someone will die and its hard to prepare for this map as you dont get to go back to the world map and do any grinding/purchasing items. Oh and the magic types is dumb. Cool in concept but handled poorly. Take lute for example, lute has no trouble at all one rounding with a wind tome. So why would she ever even carry a thunder tomb. If she needs the extra might then use elwind or elfire. When i say that the only useful thunder tomb is bolting i mean it. Thats only because of the might. In every other area hail is likely better due to the extra 4 tiles of range it has. Thunder having low hit is stupid as well as even if you need the power, you are incredibly likely to just miss and die anyway. The crit doesn’t save it.

Hoplon Guard Gilliam Salutes

Mjolnir Lute is actually one of the most dangerious threats one could ever think to exist

First time I ever heard or experienced such thing, honestly I don’t even know how to reply to that

Isn’t Duessel a frigging Gold knight? Also it’s scorched sand of all maps, everyone in that map that isn’t on the side of your route is obviously going to struggle. I would advise moving your units from Ephraim side upwards while moving Eirika side towards Caellach so you can clean up any threat.

Honestly, to me this just comes as complaining for complains sake, I’ve played quite a lot Sacred Trilogy and I have never found these type of issues nor a lot of people have complained in the latest patches.
I’d advise investing in Giliam if long range tomes are that big of an issue.

Anima triangle works perfectly fine to me, and thunder magic gets more value the more you approach endgame if you need higher firepower so I don’t know as to why complain about having more options around, If you simply don’t like thunder magic then stick to the other ones.

Duessel not surviving it’s not an issue about Duessel himself rather than just Scorched Sand being Scorched Sand, that map is already hard on Vanilla so I believe the difficulty should be kept.

Sorry if this comes out as rude, but I felt your criticism was simply nitpicking over 2 points (Scorched Sand and anima magic) which are really minor and 1 other (hit rates) which is something I really have never experienced

2 Likes

I dunno at what stage of the game you are, but Thunder magics firepower is very valuable at late and post game…enemy units there are tanky and hit like trucks. Also Wind Magic gets cancelled at melee range, so there’s that.

Scorched Sands is a bitch…it was a bitch in vanilla, it’s a bitch here…and this is a rework hack that actually tries to work in a balance between the old and new, so it makes sense…it doesn’t matter which route you go, the non-route allies will always be exposed. I lost Duessel in my Eirika run, i lost Saleh in my Ephraim route. You have to prioritize assembling everyone, them go from there.

Also never had those issues with hit rates…sure i got some shaky hit rates here and there, but nothing as severe, not even close.

As for bolting users…Hoplon Guard on a Gilliam or a Myrrh with enough RES and you are good to go.

I’ve given it some thought and it could be he faced enemies with a specific type of weapon breaker?
Saar has axebreaker so he might have faced enemies without checking skills. Can’t find any other reasonable reason besides this or enemies being on avoid tiles like peaks and such

True…skill-based stats gave the general feel of the game a much higher sense of invisible snowball…even though the skill system has been around for quite awhile, most people will only look at just the core stats and then fail to realize the extra buffs you or enemies are getting via your skills…kinda happened to me in my first Ruins run with Brunnya…she had almost perfect accuracy against all my units…except my Druid Ewan and i couldn’t tell why…until i recheck his skills and saw tomebreaker. (Can someone message Blood for an update on the update? xD)

Take it easy, don’t let the thirst overtake you. Remember Blood has more important stuff (University hell) to do

1 Like

It’s just a joke at this point…we all know the dude is overworked to the bone. xD

Sometimes I believe Blood is Duma and we’re all just waiting for more power (skill scrolls)

1 Like

I have no idea what Duma is…i can agree with the sentiment though…i feel like a cav unit walking through the Nabata Desert in the middle of a sandstorm. xD

Uhm, this guy from Fire Emblem Echoes, God of Strength and ancient Roman citizen(honestly that outfit just resembles a Roman design from movies XD)

Yeah that explains it…i never played Echoes…mostly sticked with GBA and recently Three Houses.

You can blame my boss for that, he’s been overworking me lately :confused:

Though I have to admit, development took a hit because I recently tried Persona 5 and it hooked me hard. On top of that, the pesky ROM size limit also crept back to annoy me. The update is coming, I promise.

Here’s a sneak peek at the upcoming paralogue chapter map:
map

It’s gonna feature quite a few unconventional enemies to keep things interesting.

7 Likes

We made some posts about hacks that shift items into durability based ones and other things…can any of that help?

2 Likes