[FE8] [Completed] The Sacred Trilogy Reskin and Rebalance

Congrats on the final release! I’ve lurked around this project for a while but never got a chance to start. I’m definitely going to try it out soon! Looking forward to it, congrats again!

2 Likes

Thanks for the release!
Are all the weapons available in the shops? I’ve inspected everything a bit and I’m a bit confused so I’d like it if you made that point clear please.

1 Like

The skills doc should be updated sometime to reflect the final version.

2 Likes

Yes, whether through regular or secret shops. The only exceptions are S rank weapons and hammerne staves.

2 Likes

Yes, but let me rest a little. I still need to update the credits as well

2 Likes

Esperei tanto por esse momento.

2 Likes

The new battle screen will show a visual glitch if the player or the enemy has a weapon with a long name. I would like players to report to me which items are causing this so I can shorten their names and release a patch in the future.

I believe the issue here is with the battle frame itself not having its tiles placed correctly around the item names. Fixing the frame should fix the issue.

1 Like

You’re probably right. I just DM’ed Sokaballa asking for some help with it.

Somos dois.

Few question, how come Colm can steal from my other units? Also haven’t played much of fates but bosses give a lot less exp than normal. Is it scaled based on level like on regular enemies? Also the cursor goes onto Seth at the beginning of my turn instead of Eirika, is that normal? Thanks again for such an amazing hack!

2 Likes

The new unit panel window (which you see on a map when hovering over a unit) is really nice with the light color, the stats and items.

1 Like

so hows the difficulty guys?

Kyle learned Strong Riposte after drinking a vulnerary? I’m not complaining but what???

Until you unlock the battle-prep menu, seth is actually the party leader and auto cursor will go to him

1 Like

I managed to fix the issue with the long weapon names on my own. It was indeed an issue with the item box tiles. Thanks for the insight.

I’ll release this fix along with some other minor changes that I felt were necessary after playtesting a bit. Saves will be compatible, so no worries.

The hack looks great so far! I think I’m going to try out some of the new classes to make it more interesting. I did notice that sword rank does not go up when using the Light Brand, I noticed it on Lute as a Dread Fighter, but I checked on Joshua as myrmidon (currently at B rank) and it also isn’t changing.

That’s a vanilla thing. Magic swords do not grant weapon rank for some reason.

Oh wow, I’ve played this game so much and never noticed it. It kind of makes me wonder if I want to go forward with Lute as a Dread Fighter because magic swords will be the only swords she uses and I’d love to rank up but I’ll probably use the tower with iron swords if I really want to rank up. Thanks!

1 Like

Hey guys, I just uploaded some fixes for the hack. I managed to fix the battle screen, fixed the steal ability and gave the “Paragon” skill to the first tier of the trainee classes, since they were receiving reduced exp from the new exp system. Saves should be compatible with the versions released yesterday.

5 Likes

The skill system can behave strangely sometimes. This happened to me in the past, but I honestly don’t know what causes this or how to fix it…