[FE8] [Completed] The Sacred Trilogy Reskin and Rebalance

I think Myrrh is underpowered now, especially in the ruins.

Are you joking ? How tough Lagdou ruins is !? I thought Myrrh was overpowered in this game due to her infinite uses of Dragonstones.

Myrrh is nice, animation looks good. The infinite dragonstone is great.

But on ruins 10, Myrrh would do 0 to the dragons. I ended up using other units on that floor to fight the dragons.

Oh ā€¦ I forgot that her dragonstone isnā€™t effective against Monster anymoreā€¦

But 0 damage !? Seriously ? Her attack isnā€™t that weak.

I can only wonder how strong Demon King might beā€¦ I have yet to reach the post-game.

Ruins are pretty tough. There are a couple of dragons in the lower Ruins levels. But Ruins 9, it has several 1 range fire dragons. Which almost always do 40 hp of damage (ignoring armor). So, slowly have to kill each one.

Plus the boss of Ruins 9, I thought was hard ā€¦ until I got to Ruins 10.

If Ruins 10 just had the overpowered demon king, it would be already super hard. The floor still has 10 enemies, but boy are they tough:

1 attack from a dragon there petrifies your unit.
Demon king is OP. Make sure to give Myrrh at least one swiftsoles. Otherwise the king will attack he for like 60 damage TWICE cause of her slow sleep (even when she is maxed).

The you have to fight many other strong units there ā€¦ like Lyon (to name one) with the OP weapon which is like Nosferatu on steroids.

1 Like

Is Lyon recruitable in the post-game like in the original game ?

Can you please send me the screenshot of Demon Kingā€™s stats ? Iā€™m really curious because I love challenge.

I donā€™t care about dragons. I will eclipse them and bolt them from far away if itā€™s possible.

But it was always my dream to fight the true demon king. I was really sad how easy demon king was in the original game thanks to the legendary weapons.

If I am gonna fight this hard one. I will be very happy. Still i would like to see his stats. Everyone is talking about him being an impossible boss.

On my next run through it. Iā€™ll try to remember to take a screenshot. But yea, the king is OP.

Btw, eclipse is nice but has low accuracy. And most non legendary weapons are useless here. (You get some nice new weapons in the ruins)

Thatā€™s good. At least he wonā€™t be a chicken king this time.

Itā€™s ok, if you donā€™t have screenshot. It wonā€™t spoil the surprise. :grin::grin:

RUINS 10

SPOILER

Ruins_10

DK_Equiptment

DK_Demon_Light

DK_Grand_Seal

DK_Skills

DK_Skill_1

DK_Skill_2

DK_Skill_3

DK_Skill_4

DK_Skill_5

DK_Skill_6

Lyon

DZ_Equipment

Good Luck!!!

Perhaps you would consider putting a spoiler tag in that?

On a related note, Iā€™ve received many complaints about Fomortiis over the years. I already nerfed it twice, but people still think heā€™s too hard. I want this fight to be challenging, since itā€™s the last one, but Iā€™ve been struggling to find the sweet spot for the difficulty here.

By the way which difficulty is this from? Hard?

3 Likes

105 attack??? Thatā€™s absurd. I donā€™t know what the defense cap is in this hack, but if itā€™s still 30, thatā€™s 75 damage a unit has to eat. No enemy should do such obscene damage in a game with permadeath.

Does Demon King have the same Hp as the normal game ?

I mean is it still 120 ?

Scratch that bug about Eirikaā€™s Aether, it was the Liquid Ooze ability (HP leeching weapons/skills backfire). Tbh, Iā€™d maybe recommend removing this ability from the game. Since for the most part, this is only going to RNG screw you with skills triggering. Otherwise, its gonna be pretty rare to be in a situation where you need to nosferatu/runesword a spider and this ability prevents you.

Also wanted to mention, Iā€™m not sure how much you fiddled with bases & growths, but everything seemed pretty balanced to me. Iā€™d leave it as is, same with caps.

This could be too much butā€¦ Might be nice to receive Amelia/Ross/Ewan at a slightly higher level. I think if youā€™re assuming no tower grinding for balancing the difficulty, these 3 (well, maybe not ross) are deadmeat. They either die, or you take them to the Tower, I think might as well give them to the player just a little higher level. (I played my run w/ no grinding and i lost about half of my units by end game)

This is under hard difficulty.

Yup, I think he still has 120 health.

Not 105 attack. Take a look again.

(It was my mistake since I was trying out FEB and forgot to revert to original during one screenshot).

By the way, I encountered this AI which prevents enemies from attacking units to which they deal no damage. Itā€™s fine you made the enemies intelligent and it makes the game a bit tough. But itā€™s rather annoying when we fight weak monsters in the Tower of Valni. And all those monsters who randomly appear in map. When we reach a high level they just never attack. Itā€™s the worst in some of the foggy maps where we have to find each one of them and kill them. It takes too much time.

I mean sure thereā€™s Lagdou Ruins where we can play without this problem occurringā€¦ But some people wanna take rest of those obscene difficulties and try something different as a refreshment.

What i mean is you should at least remove these abilities from the weak monsters in Tower of Valni and Creature campaign.

Anyway, I am at chapter 20 and things are starting to heat up. Really liked Riev being a Dark Druid :+1:

2 Likes

Which option in FEB do you change to have enemies attack only if they deal damage?

Yep. Enemies attack the units whom they can at least do 1 damage. They just donā€™t attack if all units in their range are immune from their attack.

I donā€™t know anything about FE builder and hacking.

I am an android phone user. (Does Fe builder work in android ? Most likely not.)