[FE8] [Completed] The Sacred Trilogy Reskin and Rebalance

Im confused about the swiftsole. It does not seem usable. (Just realized its not supposed to be a usable item). Is there an item to permanently increase move (like the vanilla swiftsoles)?

Also, im really missing the steal+ ability.

In the vanilla version I would control the enemy to get the stone item to teach dark magic to a bishop. In another hack, rogues would learn steal+ allowing stealing any unequipped item (which is nice). So in another hack I could steal the stone from a monster.

Is this the current version? 07-09-20
How does upgrading work for users? (Game restart required or able to use current save file?)

Any known codes for this game? So far I only have 1 working code which is shared with the vanilla version.

The AI was changed to prevent it from attacking player units to which they would deal 0 damage. Iā€™ve ran polls in the past asking people how they feel about this modification and the results were very close to 50/50. I donā€™t intend to revert it back to vanilla.

In the current version available for download, the vanilla boots were removed to give place to a new stat booster. Iā€™ve since regreted doing so and the next version will have the vanilla boots back. The swiftsole is just meant to be held item to increase speed.

This skill will be available in the next version.

2 Likes

I dont know i didnt play this hack since its not finished.

Looking forwards to the next version :grinning:

The dynamic pre battle shop items is really nice btw :+1:

Hey wanted to say this is the best romhack Iā€™ve played, only one Iā€™ve ever managed to finish. Way better than vanilla FE8. Difficulty is really good and didnā€™t go overboard. Though, chapter 12, 13, 16, 18 and 21 were maybe a bit on the easier side compared to the rest it felt. I thought the EXP gain was low at first but I changed my mind, I think its fine as is, higher would just make it easier really.

My only main criticism would be that the new classes that gain access to magic or weapons, their growths still pretty much ruin the usefulness unless its staves. Luteā€™s never gonna be good with the sword. I found myself usually reaching for the traditional classes, but theyā€™re still there so no issue really.

Other issues for me are just FE8 issues; way too short. Obviously would be an entire project unto itself but would love to play FE8 with a rewritten story padded out to 30+ chapters (i.e. oh no! the prison is full monsters, knolls in a cell we must save himā€¦ fire emblem stories are so corny already it wouldnā€™t take much). The balance in this would be perfect for it.

A couple other things but I know this hack isnā€™t trying to stray too far from the original. IMO replacing all the promo items with master seals would just be for the best, access to more varied playthroughs.

I completed this game today and I gotta say that a lot of work was done in it and I appreciate it. Still I had a question.

Why Vatler have S rank in Axe instead of Lance ? He canā€™t even use lance. Valter was supposed to be a master of lance known for his deadly skill with spear. Even Riev says that to Novala. I would really like if Valter weilded that ā€˜Demon Lanceā€™ which Duessel described to Cormag. This lance was never shown in the original version.

Ephraimā€™s new exclusive class was just perfect for him. It suits his style. Although, I think his speed cap should be increased a bit. Many people complained about it in original version too for his 23 speed cap. It should be like 25 or 26 ? Still modify it as you think will be best.

And the last thing I had to say about is for Eirikaā€™s animation. When she is promoted into Mage Lord she just nearly looks like her unprompted version.

Anyway, this game was cool. I like Selena having Gremory class and Caellach having that Reaver class. Overall this game covered-up nearly all flaws of sacred stones.

1 Like

I think the story, sticking to the vanilla, is familiar and nice.

I really like Myrrhā€™s regeneration skill :dragon:

Wait a minute. You mean that Forager skill ? Itā€™s not working. I tried it many times on mountain, plain and forest but Myrrh doesnā€™t regenerate HP anywhere. Is this some sort of bug ?

No, Myrrh starts with Forager (which I actually havenā€™t tried out yet). At level 12 (I think), she learned Northern skill which automatically restores 30% health each turn.

Ohā€¦ Well my Myrrh isnā€™t that high-leveled. So, I will have to grind. Anyway, thanks for helping.

I feel the same. I think the story should be a bit longer.

And something really bugged meā€¦ Well its about legendary weapons. They are powerful and OP. But they have less uses in this version which always scares us and most of us just preserve them in the supply convoy. Well, I donā€™t know about others but I do.

I think even if those weapons had a bit less might, it would have been alright. Legendary weapons should be just unbreakable. That way no one will have any worry about them breaking. After all, many people say this ā€˜Legends never dieā€™. This will truly make them legendary weapons.

It was completely sensible to give Myrrhā€™s dragonstone infinite uses. But it would be sensible too that legendary weapons have infinite uses too because they survived ages and did not rust down proves their sturdiness.

Well, it was just my thinkingā€¦ :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::joy::joy:

Still, I praise all the work done in this game. There were significant changes which provided us with new experiences.

I like the idea of legendary weapons having unlimited durability. (I just turn on a code to enable 255 of each item. So, close to unlimited)

What ever happened to Naglfar? Is that still the strongest weapon in this game also?

BUG: I just tried using the staff holy offense with Ephraim and also with Eirika (since both are able to use staves when upgraded). Using the staff froze the game.

Try again with animations off.

Glad you enjoyed it!

Iā€™m considering increasing the growth rates of some characters for the next update. Also, there will be more magical weapons for these hybrid classes.

The current available version has quite a lot of bugs due to leftover garbage data. Nearly all of them have been corrected for the next update.

Because there wasnā€™t a lance animation avaialble for that class back then. He will use lances in the final version.

Eirikaā€™s alternative promotion has been completely overhauled for the next update, along with new map sprites.

I know it makes sense for the legendary weapons to have infinite uses, but doing so would completely trivialize the difficulty of the game. If the player could use all of them without any limitations, there would be no reason not to just equip them and steamroll the enemy units. I reduced their durabilty to be more in line with the legendary weapons of FE6 and FE7 (FE 8 is significantly more generous with its legendary weapons), but I also made Hammerne staves more plentiful to make up for it.

3 Likes

Of course. I donā€™t mean to say that you make these weapons like Alondite and Ragnell. Will a bit less might be alright ? Like what you did with Myrrhā€™s dragonstone.

I mean we donā€™t need to always have 17 & 16 migh. 12-14 might is good enough for a S ranking weapon. (Like the Emblem Weapons in Last Promise. Although they had a bit too low might.)

Take it like this : They will just have a bit more might than silver weapons and will be infinite.

Thanks for considering Valter and Eirikaā€™s animation though. I really look forward to see them. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Is the ruins 10 supposed to be beatable (without cheats)?

What code you use to jump floors?