[FE8] [Completed] The Sacred Trilogy Reskin and Rebalance

Is this a bug in version 1.2?

Characters with 6 skills can’t learn more skill from items. Item used but no skills added and no replace skill window. Characters with less than 6 skills have no issue learning from items.

@gippuria just checked, this is a known thing with skill scrolls. they only allow replacing skills mid-map due to how they work with level up skills.

think more awakening not radiant dawn.

basically just go into the tower or ruins if you want to finagle with skills on 6 skill units.

2 Likes

thanks

You will get her if you complete the tower three times like in vanilla.

Don’t know if it’s a good idea or not but it will be epic when we’re challenged by our own power. With the current changes in sacred weapons, they’re effective against humans too. So, basically in such a fight, both sides will have weapon effectiveness against each other.

1 Like

re-move + peerless tactician + great shield + infinite S weapon makes any flyer invincible. 1 turn any chapter lol

1 Like

I saw a strange thing. In the chapter 8 at the left of the start we have an armored knight enemy who has an item icon, but in his inventory there is nothing. I am colorblind, but i supose that you use yellow and green colors, right? Yellow for steal/drop and green for steal only. That enemy has the “steal” cathegory, but you cannot steal weapons.
Yeah, a lot of explanation for a stupid bug, but you need to improve your rom and i need to improve my english skills, so it’s a win-win.
If you know how to change the colors, it would be a help, like cyan, skyblue or violet instead of yellow or green. It is not an important issue, i can handle it very well.

I’ve noticed that the “item can be stolen” indicator incorrectly appears on a lot of enemies during battle preparations, but then disappears during the battle itself.

1 Like

I have a question: Why amelia is so bad? She has equal mag and str growth, but she nevel will be a magic user, and she has poor defences and con, but with amelia as knight she could do something, but she has 4 movement! 4! Gillian has 5! Why?

Fun fact: in the original FE8, Amelia was tied for the second lowest total growths at 270%, alongside Knoll, Ross, and Moulder and barely beating Saleh’s 250%. Apparently, along with forgetting to give the early-game prepromote lower growths, they also forgot to give the trainees higher growths.

The full list of FE8 growth rate totals, in case you're curious

Myrrh 580
Lyon 375
Tethys 355
Eirika 350
Ephraim 345
Seth 325
Tana 320
Syrene 320
Orson 320
Glen 320
L’Arachel 315
Neimi 310
Colm 310
Marisa 310
Gilliam 305
Natasha 305
Duessel 305
Fado 305
Vanessa 300
Forde 300
Cormag 300
Franz 295
Joshua 295
Gerik 295
Dozla 295
Caellach 295
Ismaire 295
Selena 295
Artur 290
Innes 290
Riev 290
Hayden 290
Garcia 285
Lute 285
Kyle 285
Valter 280
Ewan 275
Rennac 275
Moulder 270
Ross 270
Amelia 270
Knoll 270
Saleh 250

The sad part is that Amelia was slightly better in the JP version with a slightly higher HP and Str growth.

quick question, why this two weapon desc. don’t contain “Effective against dragonkin”?
AA7B84A702CB4F1470E8B7C9FCC69D25
28FC52F6D5929E4C0ADD25A81F01DFB9

FEXX01
FEXX02
Latona cannot be used properly in the latest version.

FEXX03
Thunder magic?

Great hack!!!

it’s not a version thing, it’s something that skillsystem did when implementing some of the addition stuff it adds due to people either adding a new staff with Latona’s effect or, in rare cases, turning latona into a different staff entirely.

Latona’s effect is now assignable as a use effect, that isn’t assigned to Latona by default for some reason.

basically this:
Item Editor X the Sacred Trilogy.gba 4_21_2023 1_41_41 AM

needs to look like this:
Item Editor X the Sacred Trilogy.gba 4_21_2023 1_42_43 AM

it’s stupid but that’s how it works now.

Another bug I think I found, nature rush is not working properly, at least it has no effect for Ross in berserker class. Unless I just dont understand it :sweat_smile:

Version 1.2.1 Released

Changelog

• Fixed Brendan’s animations
  • Selena should now join after completing the Tower of Valni once
  • Amelia’s knight promotion has the correct move value
  • Fixed some weapon descriptions
  • Fixed the Latona staff
6 Likes

Version 1.2.2 Released

Had to release quick update to remove a wrong dialogue from the prologue :roll_eyes:

Also took the opportunity to update the stealable item icon to a violet bag instead of yellow and fixed some issues with the opening class reel.

3 Likes

Also, Amelia did not learn short shield as a halberdier

While it is not optimal nor wise at ALL, I like turning Cormag into a dragoon for lulz. Big Kain from Final Fantasy vibes.

1 Like

Amelia cannot use axe as knight as Gilliam does.
Why Amelia is so hated?

Just wanted to make a note for future correction:

The Energy Infusion item description has a misspelling of the word “strength”. It’s spelled “strenght” instead.

EDIT: in the item description for Magvelian Ore, the word “skillful” is spelled “skilful”.