[FE8] [Completed] The Sacred Trilogy Reskin and Rebalance

Innes and Hayden’s A rank support has a text skip.
You might want to look through that.

1 Like

Is there a point in using Journeyman2,3 or Recruit,2,3 beyond aesthetics? Any different skills or growths from Journeyman vs Warrior or Recruit vs soldier? Also love the new sprites like Lute’s and cannot wait for Ewan and Knoll’s support.

Not really…there’s a table of skills that shows the different skills earned by classes. Not much to note in regards to those 3. A few of the newly introduced classes could do with a skill redistribution. War Monk/Cleric, Dread Fighter, Gladiator, Arbalest and Dragoon are a in that bracket. That being said, Halberdier, Jubilee, Trooper Lord and Praetor are very nice.

Sacred Stones is by far one of my favorite FE games, and I love this reskin, because, of what you did for Joshua, I have always loved him as a character and I absolutely love what you have done with his animation, I’m only on the beginning of Ephriams route, so I can’t wait to see what other characters there are. Question are there new units you made yourself? For example in chapter four Riev is with someone know as Cassandra, which I believe was not in the original game.

1 Like

There are some originals yes. Very few though.

1 Like

Myrrh does no longer have an unbreakable stone.i wonder why?.
Also if you combine armor march with rally def you get acrobat and corona(bad)
The latter negate ennemies resistances…always

Phenomenal hack! really enjoyed it.

I have run into one issue:

On 19x, I spoke with anna, using the parchment scroll. She joined my team. I had her speak with Jake and recieve the special dagger.

However, at the end of the chapter, she didn’t permanently join the roster. I can’t use her again, meaning I can’t have her talk the blacksmith in the lagdou ruins either.

Is there a known issue that causes this?

1 Like

Thanks for the report. Will check it out.

I’m glad you enjoyed it! Cassandra is a new character tied to the new chapter, which is 19x

I rebalanced her for these new versions. She gets 3 stones, each one of them having specific effectivenesses. They can all be repaired with the hammerne staff. In regards to the skill scrolls, that is an unintended interaction between the item combining feature with the way the scrolls are implemented. It will be fixed in the next update.

You are the first person to report this. She is supposed to remain in the party, provided you did not let Jake die during the chapter, in which case she totally ditches you.

You are the first person to report this. She is supposed to remain in the party, provided you did not let Jake die during the chapter, in which case she totally ditches you.

Strange! Nope. Jake stayed alive. They had a line of dailogue at the end of the chapter about continuing their buisness elsewhere.

I’ll replay the chapter and see if I can get her to stay.

1 Like

Thanks for create and update my favourite hack by far. But i recently downloaded the new update (i need to download it again) and i have a question.
Where is the item from chapter 6? I cannot found it. The “southeastern plain tile” has nothing. I tried EVERY tile and nothing.

1 Like

Ok, so…i get that you’re drowning in bug reports but…

• Countermagic isn’t working…tried it multiple ways with Lute, but it doesn’t trigger. Seems to be a Mage Knight issue, since Gorgons seem to work fine.

• Also the axe rank for Phantoms seems to be off…i haven’t seen a single Phantom using more than an Iron Axe and my Knoll is level 18.

1 Like

I am amazed at how much work you’ve been putting into the rom since I played it last.

Thank you.

3 Likes

I took a look here and it may be my fault. The script for the chapter end event still needed some tweaking.

Thanks for the kind words! :slight_smile:

It’s on the lone plain tile surrounded by mountains.

No worries, I will try my best to solve them all. Will investigate this skill. Maybe Canto is interfering somehow?

Will see what I can do about it.

Thanks! And I also thank everyone for trying it out!

1 Like

Also, any thoughts on the feedback list i sent you? Agree, disagree, ignore?

Not sure if it’s just me/maybe it’s intentional, when I steal an item with someone they get the experience after the action, but, they don’t actually keep the experience they gain.

Chapter 19x need some tweaking.
For now it is all about RNG when it come to Jake. Is this intentionnal or the result of somes choices?

Hi i am new here and would like to thanks you for this good romhack.
I was wondering if you can use the skill scroll to replace has many skill from the 4 level up one or if you can only replace 1 of the 4 skill and after you can’t use another scroll on the character

1 Like

Version 1.2 released. Fixes a ton of stuff that were reported since 1.1 went online.

• The druids had wrong skill learnsets. Fixed that.
  • Fixes the Vidofnir description crashing the game.
  • Replaced the Amaterasu skill with the Bond skill in the Pontifex’s skill set.
  • Due to popular demand, Jake is now playable. He will join at the end of chapter 19x, provided him and Anna survived and Anna has been recruited.
  • Speaking of which, I think I fixed chapter 19x’s end event. I have yet to properly playtest that chapter.
  • Fixed Innes in Ephraim’s route.
  • Stealing experience fixed.
  • Nerfed Warren in chapter 19x
  • Summoned phantoms should spawn with proper weapons now.
  • Fixed typos in some dialogues.
  • Removed some enemies that could softlock player units in the arena.
  • Huge one: fixed the problem of skill crafting by combining skill scrolls. Thanks to @jackofblades1991 for the solution. It was wild while it lasted.

I’ll respond via DM. That was quite an in-depth feedback.

Yeah, I was using FEBuilder’s version, which was outdated and had this issue. I replaced it with the newer version from Vesly’s thread.

I will properly playtest that chapter soon (as soon as I get some spare time). I intended for Jake to survive 4-5 turns on his own until the player could reach him. From my quick testing, he seemed to be able to do that. That chapter has many rewards and I wanted it to be somewhat challenging, considering that at that point, the player has access to all the flying units, warp/rescue staves and siege tomes.

Welcome, and thanks! There’s no limit to how many scrolls a unit can use, but they all have a limit of 6 slots. Of those 6 slots, 1 is the personal skill and 1 is the class skill. These 2 cannot be changed. All the other 4 slots can be filled with any skill.

2 Likes

I tested this and it was working as expected. It is probably a bad interaction between it and some other skill you might have given her.

https://i.imgur.com/uniDW0j.gif

2 Likes

We can tell that this is legitimate footage because Lute got a level with nothing but magic.

7 Likes