[FE8] [Complete] The Sun God's Wrath (Final release - 27 Chapters, no fatigue, 100% growth now added - 5/22/2022)

Thanks! That means a lot to me and all the people who have contributed to the project!

1 Like

Like Silver-Dragoon above, I just want to say that I’m really looking forward to this. I’ve been silently following this for a while (since Pandan played it in the last FEE3), and frankly, the only reason I haven’t tried it out yet is because it says that some of the more interesting features aren’t in the currently available patch.

Speaking of those, capture. Everything else is great, but… capture, man. The moment I read that your hack’s going to have capture, I was sold. It’s my favorite mechanic from Thracia, and one I truly wish had made a comeback at some point. Fanhack or not, if this is going to be the return of capturing, you can count me in. You could say you’ve captured my interest. Sorry.

Anyway, yeah, that’s about it. Good luck with the completion of your hack!

3 Likes

Thanks! Capture doesn’t work exactly like it does in Thracia in that you can’t automatically capture unequipped or sleeping enemies, but it’s a pretty useful feature.

The goal with capture in this hack is that it’s more of a bonus the something necessary.

1 Like

Hello,

I feel like I need to write something too !

I’m an anonymous user on this website, I wrote like 5 messages in 2 years I think ?

But I play to virtually all the hacks which are (almost) completed. I saw many times your hack on the topic list, seeing the progress every week for months now. 16 of 27 chapters done, 17 of 27 chapters done… I couldn’t wait for it to be completed. As someone else said, I refrained myself from trying it because I know the playable version for everyone is probably very different from the current one, actually in playtesting.

Anyway, I think a lot of people are waiting for this to be released, which I hope will come soon !

Keep up the good work.

1 Like

Thank you! In terms of progress, so far only one playtester has finished and we discovered a decent amount of bugs.

I still have to fully complete the events for the final chapter, the character endings, and then finish up the supports (I’m about 1/4th of the way done with them).

I’m hoping to have the final release ready either this or next month.

4 Likes

Thank you again to everyone that voted for “The Sun God’s Wrath” in project of the week! I slightly updated the first post so that people don’t just see a wall of text when they view the post in the banner.

As an update on playtesting so far:

1. Four of the six playtesters have finished the hack so far. We found a decent amount of bugs that have been fixed and recommendations on what to fix have been made.

2. If I were to summarize the current critiques about the hack, they would be as follows: money can be too scarce, there is a further need to fully explain how some of the FE5 mechanics in this hack work, the final few chapters were much easier than earlier ones, the final arc of the story is too rushed, and some characters that feel kind of hyped up are ultimately disappointing. The overall gameplay was conveyed to me as being positive. I didn’t get much feed back on the story, but from what I did, it managed to accomplish my goal of not being offensively bad/a turn off from making someone want to finish the hack. Without supports being complete, there isn’t much to say about the characters. The music choices I selected were at times praised and no one said that any particular track was bad.

There were other recommendations made in regards to the gameplay that have been implemented, but I don’t think they’re worth bringing up.

1. 115/358 individual supports are currently finished. I don’t know the full amount of endings yet, but none have been finished.

2. The final ending events are still not complete

3. There are two major bugs that need to be looked into: Being able to capture certain enemies when you shouldn’t and dragon veins freezing at times (I may make a question thread on the latter)

4. There will be a second round of playtesting to see if some of the balance changes currently being worked on are still fair. When it comes time to do this second round of playtesting, I will recruit two more play testers.

That’s all for now, and thank you everyone for your continued support! I hope the final version of this hack is at a minimum somewhat fun and enjoyable for those that play it.

8 Likes

Small progress update:

The next final draft version of the hack is done, however I haven’t made any progress on new supports as of late. I had a very busy week.

As such, I’m looking to recruit 2 more playtesters for this next round of testing. Please PM me if you wish to apply.

9 Likes

I read a whole let’s play of corrupt theocracy in which the writer thoroughly lambasted the hack creator at every opportunity. I was astonished to see the target Blademaster himself respond to this, not with anger, but to promise better things to come.

That was ages ago and it really warms my heart to see that promise come to fruition with Sun God’s Wrath. Good on you Blademaster!

5 Likes

updates on the final draft ? really hoping to play this soon

169/358 supports are done.

Play testers are still making their way through hard mode.

No character endings are finished.

There are some bugs that still need to be worked out.

But it’s getting closer and closer to completion.

5 Likes

That’s a daunting amount of supports to write, good luck!

1 Like

Yeah. Remind me to make a big post on my experience in creating a hack this large and why I would recommend against doing so, even if you have a team of people to help you with it.

6 Likes

good to hear, wish you the best of luck

1 Like

i would like to be a playtester, i have played many hacks and almost every fire emblem games

Sure. I’ll send you a pm shortly.

Good luck for the rest of the supports.

I sent you a message.

1 Like

Because I also haven’t updated the thread on Serenes in awhile, I figured I’d give another “bigger” update after a month.

Currently, 237/358 supports are finished and no endings are done.

Two playtesters have finished hard mode and there are recommendations of theirs that I need to implement to help balance certain units.

I am awaiting other recommendations from other players, but we continue to find bugs and typos and are making good progress. A June final release is looking more and more likely with July being the latest. It’s just a matter of finishing supports, endings, and doing the final tweaks for hard mode.

I am also currently debating whether or not to release two final patches. One final patch would contain normal and hard mode, while the second patch would contain lunatic mode. Lunatic mode would be quite a bit different than normal and hard mode/the first patch, being more resource intensive, nerfing supports, and giving enemies more tools (weapons/skills) for them to fight with. If I do make a lunatic patch, it would be released after the first patch ala Three Houses. And when I say more skills, I don’t mean expect to see vantage+wrath enemies, but rather more enemies with skills like Hit+20 or Lull X.

I will conclude saying SGW is about 95% done.

8 Likes

Supports are finally finished. They just need to be proof read. If anyone would like to help with that effort, it would be greatly appreciated

All that’s left before the final release is ready are as follows:

1. Finish the character endings
  2. Editing of the supports and endings
  3. Some last tweaks to the overall gameplay for hard mode
  4. Any remaining graphical tweaks
  5. Implement any playtester feedback

I am also going to make a lunatic mode patch, but if the normal/hard mode patch is ready to go before the lunatic mode one is ready, that patch will be released first. The lunatic mode patch will essentially just remove changes that were recommended to me by some of my play testers to help make the hack easier. The features of the lunatic mode patch will be as follows:

1. Only one gameplay mode.
  2. Units will have less durability (used for determining fatigue deployment)
  3. Less gems and thus money will be available.
  4. Enemy stats, weapons, and skills will be greatly altered

That’s all for this update. The final release is getting closer each day.

8 Likes