[FE8] [Complete] The Sun God's Wrath (Final release - 27 Chapters, no fatigue, 100% growth now added - 5/22/2022)

I don’t even believe that a chapter is missing. I’ve been following this hack as if it were the turn of the year.

2 Likes

Well, the final chapter and ending are all that’s left event wise unless the play testing feedback gives me more recommendations on things to do/revist.

In terms of progress in the final chapter, I have the draft for the enemy placement done and am working on the in chapter events, with text, start, and end events being all that is left. It should be finished this week, and after I confirm that all chapters work after all the other changes I’ve made as of late, I’ll start recruiting more play testers for the final release.

4 Likes

Looking omega Gob!! gonna play to marinate my anticipation! :sob: :upside_down_face: :relieved: :hot_face: :cold_face: :hugs:

2 Likes

sorry for the question, the ones where I can download the most updated version with 26, I need a good game, my country Brazil is in quarantine I need to play something to kill the boredom please, finish this hack lol.

1 Like

The one with 26 chapters isn’t released. The only one available is the one with 19 chapters. The only other release I plan to do is the final one, which won’t be ready until next month at the earliest.

I recommend trying another hack in the meantime if you’ve already played the 19 chapter demo. Quite a few hacks have had updates in the past few days.

Thank you for your patience and good luck with the quarantine. I’m in quarantine as well, which is why I was able to make so much progress so fast lol

2 Likes

…this is going to take longer than I thought. Is there even documentation on how the turn count is loaded and set?

Anyway, the final chapter is about 75% done. I spent most of the last week doing other updates for the final chapter and the build I’ll eventually send to play testers. But in a perfect world, I finish the final chapter tomorrow and then just do some clean up here and there for the playtester release. Then just supports and endings.

4 Likes

I know that for turncounts to be registered on the end screen the seize flag needs to be used in conjunction with the clear condition (e.g: the trigger flag for routing the enemy to call the end event needs to be 0x3 [seize])

1 Like

Damn. Sounds like Sun God is close to completion! Looking forward to the final product. I’ve followed this pretty loosely for about ten years now, along with your growth, BM. You’ve always been improving and it’s awesome seeing you this close to completing a fully custom game!

3 Likes

Oh, that makes sense. The chapters showing up are seize chapters too. Should ENUT 0x3 at the start of my ending scenes work?

Thanks, bro! That really means a lot to me. It’s certainly been a long journey, with some long breaks in between and complete revisions of the entire thing, but I’m glad that it’s finally almost done after so long. I just hope it’s at least somewhat fun and enjoyable for the people who play it.

1 Like

If that’s the command that is used to activate the trigger flag, then yes. I had this exact problem and that’s what I was told to do. Worked like a charm.

1 Like

So, the “first draft” of all the gameplay for the hack is complete, and while there are still other things to do before the final release is ready, I’m ready to start recruiting new playtesters.

I’m looking to recruit four additional playtesters. I still have some things to tidy up before the patch is ready, along with creating an instruction guide, so I won’t send that until the weekend. Regardless, if you’re interested in applying, feel free to do so. I will be accepting applicants on a first come first serve basis.

EDIT: Play testing applications are closed

The following are what still needs to be finished before the final release:

• Fixing some spell resizing issues
  • Seeing if I can fix the bug with certain characters/classes being capturable when they shouldn’t be
  • Supports and endings
  • Final rounds of play testing and unit balance
  • Any further hardmode changes
  • Touching up the unsalvageable story so that it isn’t too long winded and at minimum flows properly without being too confusing (will change things based on playtesting feedback)
5 Likes

Where could you test?

1 Like

Over the weekend, I’ll be sending instructions on the playtesting process if you’re interested in joining.

Nice.

Damn. It feels like Yesterday I started playing SGC and complaining about how it was unfinished only to find out it was canceled

1 Like

Lol well SGC is even older and like the first of three iterations of this, so thank you for following this for so long!

1 Like

The next to finished version is ready?
When it out in public?
(Is there a discord serv?)

1. The events are largely completed. What is currently going on are gameplay changes and other playtesting to make sure the game is fair and challenging. So no, the finished version isn’t ready.

2. The earliest you can expect a release is later this month. It comes down to how long the other things I mentioned earlier in the thread take to finish

3. There is a private discord for playtesting at this time. It will be public when the final version of the hack is released.

3 Likes

Hello, I just got done reading the list of these comments. I am super excited to play Sun God’s Wrath when it is released. It looks like you worked extremely hard on it so fans of the FE series can enjoy it. I have played a few different hacks (last promise, order of the crimson arm, immortal sword) and I look forward to playing yours all the way through!

I’ll be keeping an eye open to see the release date and wish you all the best in isolation life! Please keep up the passionate work :slight_smile:

1 Like