[FE8] [Complete] The Sun God's Wrath (Final release - 27 Chapters, no fatigue, 100% growth now added - 5/22/2022)

Ah ha. So we find ourselves in the situation of the fabled triple post. Hmm. Well, to even my surprise, Mangs also did a video for FEE3 on SGW. I only learned the day Pandan’s LP was released that Mangs was not doing the LP anymore, was under the impression that he was still doing the video up until that point, and tried to tell Mangs about this to prevent any duplication of work, but it seems he already made his video. Ah well, more feedback is always welcome and just like Pandan’s video, I really enjoyed Mangs’ LP too. Thank you both for taking the time to LP the hack, it really means a lot to me!

You can find the video below:

And my public feedback and notes to the video below in case there is further feedback I can receive from the community:

Other:

1. I’m glad the Anna and Jake narration is found to be useful. I remember Mageknight404 also once praised it years ago and that has always stuck with me.

2. I am glad you enjoy the music. nyawenyye did a great job creating the FE13, Oliver, and Persona theme used.

3. I find it funny that Pandan praised the work I put into the readme for Mangs and then he didn’t read it lol

4. The general praise of the animations and graphics is something the community should take pride in. All I did was implement it, but you are all the ones who made it. That credit list is huge for a reason!

5. The duality of LPers: Pandan: “I like Charles mug.” Mangs: “I don’t like Charles mug.”

6. “Hmmm… this guy’s a bishop. We should be careful.”

7. @AuraWolf made the map a looooong time ago (I asked him if I could use it on Norodoro’s FEU lol).
    It was one of my favorite maps to develop.

8. 1-2 physical range weapons have historically been too powerful in some FE games IMO. As such, following the standard set by Fates, they cannot double.

9. All weapons try and use the same stats as Radiant Dawn, hence the hammer being so strong.

Gameplay flow:

1. An early piece of feedback I got about having a con growth is that it can make units no longer able to rescue certain characters if it grows too much.
    As such, certain classes have high aid so that they can always rescue. I do not believe this is covered in the readme, and I’m not sure it’s necessary.

2. Dragon’s veins have a sprite for when they show up in the map. They first show up in chapter 7.

3. I will also add a note about how promoting causes skills to be learned at a later level as that isn’t discussed in the readme or scene in question.

4. I also think there should be more reinforcements later in the map as it feels kinda empty, but large enemy density
    is another piece of feedback I am currently dealing with and trying to balance.

5. As it is the second time I have seen confusion about it, I will add a note about opening the door to recruit units.

6. I think I should be able to list all the gameover characters in the start menu description that shows all the leadership stars.

7. Support bonuses are not the same as GBA FE. I should update the readme to reflect that if it isn’t the case.

8. Will add note that anyone can arrive.

9. Because of how strong Antwon is (and I will probably buff him), I didn’t think it was for the best in terms of slowing things down too much for them to be next to each other.
    This way you can hammer Pork and not deal with Antwon attacking someone on enemy phase at 2 range with no counter (even if you can reposition/trade).

10. The boss critical hack is indeed applied

Story:

1. I will try and figure out ways to reduce the amount of text as best I can. Reading the dialogue out loud and taking it too long is a complaint I have received before and I have tried to address in the past.

Bugs:

1. I really need to fix the weapon level interface.

2. The flux animation has some odd effects to it that I’d like to fix. Hoping as I re-factor the rom from the start, I may find out what went wrong.

3. Pandan also pointed out the “NPC pilfered” issue. I’m not sure if there is a fix for this in the community, but I think I know how to get around it because the NPCs have death events.

4. Cunning let’s someone use lockpicks and Artemis ran out of them as they only have 5 uses. I will say that the description for the skill is misleading.

As always, I welcome any and all feedback to help improve the hack further!

2 Likes

Still do. ’ 3’

1 Like

you’re too kind ;w;

1 Like

You’re welcome! Should I switch the name used for you in the credits to unuesu? I didn’t know you were the same people?

i go by a lot of names don’t worry about it
i’d prefer unuesu but runa or nyawenyye works too

1 Like

Really enjoyable hack probably on my top 3 probably gonna replay after seeing the FEE3 of it and I’d suggest anyone else to play this hack as well, this is a really great hack.

1 Like

Hi! I was wondering how to play this on a mac? And if there was an emulator I would need to download to play it on? I’m not tech savvy sorry if I am being a dumbo! Thanks :smiley: I played up until chapter 6 without realizing I was playing the old version of the hack aGH.

1 Like

I would assume the standard process of patching would work on a mac, and then you’d just play it in VBA.

How would I patch the .zip file? AHH sorry I don’t know what I am doing. VBA keeps telling me my file is an invalid ROM file/

You have to extract the .ZIP file. The Ups file is the patch.

Whenever I try to open the .ups file in VBA it just says the file is invalid though?

You need to use a program called Nups to patch an FE8 Rom with the patch file.

Sorry still working on this. Which Fe8 rom should I used to patch it?

Fe8u Is the one you should patch(Bleh message needs to be more then 5 characters)

Says the patch is not intended for this rom?

I’m not sure then, I asked someone who knows more then I do, and they’re unsure as well.

I can’t link it because it would be illegal. At this point I’m unsure what the issue is, because as far as I remember, my Fe8 Rom is Fe8u as well, and I could patch the game just fine.

FE8U’s SHA1 checksum is C25B14E37456171ADA4B0D440BF88A19F4D509F; with this ROM I could not replicate your error.

for mages why there is no t3

I couldn’t think of tier 3’s for all the classes. I’m going to change that for the final release, so mages will have tier 3s.

2 Likes