[FE8] [Complete] The Sun God's Wrath (Final release - 27 Chapters, no fatigue, 100% growth now added - 5/22/2022)

Lunatic mode is currently on the unlikely to happen side. I’m hoping to have the next update out on Sunday, but we’ll see.

@jackofblades1991 other than chapters 23 and 24, what were the other two maps you had problems with if you don’t mind me asking?

2 Likes

I think it would be final 2-A? I’ll put it in a spoiler thingy. Otherwise I misspoke.

Spoiler

I have the same issue with Zalmoxsis solely because his 1-3 range and 4 of my scrolls being on characters that weren’t deployed. While I did like the trick to getting Donovan’s talk was Astrea had to fight him first and his sword being effective, the Aura Blade really should have crit protection just so he can fight Zalmoxsis safely. I liked the idea of the scrolls, but if the player doesn’t know they are needed to even try and fight zalmoxsis the player would have to redo the entire final map if they had every scroll on undeployed characters and didn’t deploy the emblem weapon users.

I also personally think the Demon kings having ranged immunity might be a bit much with how tanky they are, only two people who could 1-round them was Rody quadrupling them with a crit and Baryl with Urvan if he procced Colossus. They kinda forced me to have to pull everyone back to drag them out of zalmoxsis’s range to deal with them first.

Only other problem i had was something i just didn’t quite understand. Rody getting doubled by Zalmoxsis when rody has more speed from the demonstone.

Most of my complaints are just personal gripes and still really enjoyed the hack overall, it just got frustrating near the end.

1 Like

Any1 has got a Recruitment and Class guide up to date for me as of v1.64?

btw can some1 explain to me how to read the Class guide ingame tier 2/3? and what does 15/20/25 etc mean under the tier classes.

btw what Class Line does Brigand belong to? bandit??drunk??

ty

Brigands promote to Berserkers, then Warriors.

The 15/20/25 means the levels that the character will get skills. If it is a later tier, the later the skill is gotten.

2 Likes

Huh, I thought it already did negate criticals.

Summary

oddity

luckily I kept separate saves for this, I took the scroll out of his inventory to double check and uh, yeah it does not do that whole negate crit thing.

1 Like

Ah… well, it will in the next and hopefully final update.

It’s two weeks late, but V1.65 is finally ready and available at the usual link: Dropbox - SGW_Complete.zip - Simplify your life

The changelog ended up being much smaller than I originally thought:

V1.65:

• Added in new divine and mage dragon animations
  • Fixed various typos
  • Added torch staff to chapter 20 pre map shop
  • Added in a support conversation for Janet and Alice

https://i.imgur.com/mxcxTuM.png

Thank you again for all the warm wishes and support for SGW over the past year! There will likely only be one more update to SGW (unless some serious bug is found) before I can say it’s finally as complete as it will get.

Until next time, to those looking to play the game again or are playing it for the first time, enjoy!

5 Likes

cool. hopefully I didn’t come off too harsh, I did really enjoy myself even with some real frustation near the end. kept everyone alive and got every quick clear which was a fun little challenge.

just never been a fan of Crit=hard bosses. as per the last thing I’ll say on the warp trap map, while it is interesting that it is a map from thracia. considering its a map from an Untranslated Japanese Fire Emblem game (that while emulation is easy and getting the rom is probably not hard either) alot of people on the western side of things probably haven’t played it. I know I atleast haven’t due largely to how intensely not fun it looks, to me atleast.

as far as overall difficulty goes I’d say you did a good job, the endgame just ramps really hard.
I look forward to whatever you do in the future.

2 Likes

If you don’t mind me asking, what are your plans for the final update? Are you waiting from some custom animations to be finished?

1 Like

I’m curious about the Final update. The update that will put an end for all updates for Sun God’s Wrath.

There are three things I have planned for the final update at this time, but if more things come out that I can think of adding in or are recommended to be changed, I’ll do so.

2 Likes

I just started this hack, and let me tell you that I never expected to hear Last Surprise in a FE game. Great work, Blademaster, it made me smile. XD.

2 Likes

Glad you’re enjoying it! I hope you enjoy the rest of the OST, I think I did a good job with what I put in!

Found this hack through mekkah’s channel, decided to give it a spin for myself and have to say, had a really good time! Story was a little confusing at times, but other than that I really enjoyed most of everything. I particulary enjoyed the way the supports were written, and how at least in the ones that I saw, the characters did not shy away from being sincere, which was oddly refreshing to see

1 Like

Thank you and I’m glad you enjoyed the hack! I typically think of the supports being more quirky than sincere, so I’m glad to hear that!

hey, I cant open the the file because it says no image is available

I’m not exactly sure what you mean. What file are you trying to open?

I’m opening it on VBA

You’re opening the patched .gba file in VBA?

I’ve got it now, thank you. It’s definitely fun

1 Like