[FE8] [COMPLETE] Myrm Emblem v2.1

I played your hack and really enjoyed it. Would you mind making a 100% growths patch so I can make an ltc of it?

Wow, this could not be more unfortunate timing. Someone else already beat you to the punch. They even finished today. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLwpzVIpV0Ei6NQv6nalSjKTxZ4urWH9hP

Ok, so I discovered the hack recently, but I was curious, are you going to make some other hacks like that, based on classes ?

@Garo Thanks for enjoying the game. I’ll suggest waiting a bit for the LTC though, as I do have an update planned that I haven’t released yet.

@Subspatial I won’t make a sequel to Myrm Emblem or another class based hack, but the invitation is open for other people to make their own class emblem hacks or other similar projects.

4 Likes

Any hints or teases about the upcoming update?

Pretty difficult to make a “class” hack that can stand next to this one, with the special hook it has going on.

ah, alright ! Thanks a lot, I was maybe thinking of Knight Emblem hehe

Just going to ask a bunch of questions again,

• why a Myrm in chapter 8 got a horseslayer ? Mistake and memes ?
  • And why isDeen the only one here from SoV ? Lack of space ? Or no real way to make the other stand out ? Or it’s because they’re villagers/mercenaries ?

The closest thing is the FE6 all armors hack.

2 Likes

After going through the entire roster, I think you might have actually missed someone. Who? See the spoiler section.

SPOILER

Yuzu from Cipher. Her class is indeed Swordmaster and she says as much in the Echoes DLC. While her class is Priestess there, that’s because its the only non-villager female sword-using class and even then, she has the smallest spell list out of any unit that goes into Priestess without a pitchfork. Her debut card put her in Myrmidon and her B22 (Last booster series) card was in Swordmaster.

4 Likes

can I recruit kuno?

Sadly, Kuno isn’t recruitable.

A. Horseslayer Myrm is from the Jerme/Kenneth map where an enemy has the exact same item data, resulting in an enemy myrm having a horseslayer

3 Likes

I loved the hack, it’s extremely fun to see the critical animation every 5 seconds, and it’s surprising how at the end of the game even if you have too many extremely strong characters with broken abilities
like larcei and the characters near level 20/15 or 20/20 the enemies are still a problem and they could even kill a unit with only 2 that attack you on the same turn no matter what weapon they use, I would say that the ax characters though It sounds strange, they are more dangerous than the spear ones because they have too much precision in this game and added to their natural power it is a combination of fear, a suggestion I have is that the leadership stars have more characters or that in their default the lords had more of them, since leadership stars punish players who do not use them too much, many characters with them and it is not uncommon since many of the characters with stars are bad or barely decent, and the rest of characters without stars are too superior to them, basically the function of a large part of the characters with stars is only to encourage the team and not really good at fighting, another suggestion would be better rar lyn, when she arrives she is very good but by the end, it is somewhat disappointing especially because her skills are not very good, most are support and do not even help the team much, and without offensive skills her chances in the battle are not very good, this added to the fact that her strength limit is low and that she does not even gain that juicy 15 critical bonus, it leaves her badly in the end of the game, in general it seemed like an impeccable hack, I enjoyed it too much, just I would complain about the stars but it is not that important either although at the end of the game you can be overwhelmed if you have few and the enemy has many.

Hey everyone, after over a year of the initial release, there’s finally an update for the hack :sunglasses:

Changelog
  • Scáthach now has astra.
  • Buffed Fuga’s bases.
  • Athena now has quick burn and swap instead of pivot.
  • Faramir’s and Hagakure blade’s avoid boost when under attack now works properly.
  • New personal skill for Rutger, replacing daunt, gives him +2 AS, +2 ATK and +15% crit when fighting bosses. This skill also ignores nihil.
  • New prf weapon for Rutger, gives him +50 hit and avoid vs axes.
  • Changed affinities for Fir, Mia, Creidne and Malice.
  • Changed Katrina’s personal skill from miracle to axebreaker in chapter 20.
  • Updated portraits for Shigen, Owain, Shiva, Yoda, Mareeta and Troude.
  • Adjusted most of Ryoma’s dialogue scenes to account for a new addition.
  • Swordslayer now works properly.
  • New combat animations for Myrmidon Fir, Myrmidon Mia, Crit-master Mia, Myrmidon Marisa, Swordmaster Marisa, Catherine and Swordmaster Joshua.
  • Updated battle animation palettes for a majority of the cast.
  • Fixed a graphical issue with the status screen.
  • Minor changes to a few tiles in chapter 16.
  • Fixed typos and translation updates.

New download link:

I wanna give a huge shoutout to @Pushwall and @Retina for being of great help for this update. Link and credits in the OP have been updated as well.

17 Likes

Hey Renoud, thanks for making this hack! I’m having a great time so far, and so are my viewers.

I have one minor suggestion that I hope you’re willing to address with regards to the army color. When the units haven’t moved they look really similar to when they have, in a game where everyone is a little hard to distinguish already. Would you consider changing it up? I can usually tell the difference after looking closely, but being able to at a glance would be so nice, and in addition it’ll be more accessible to people with worse vision/colorblindness/etc.

8 Likes

Hey Mekkah, glad you’re enjoying the game :+1:

I went ahead and made a version of the game with the classic GBA blue palette for player units.

ME blue 1 ME blue 2

Here’s the link for this version of the game:

Aside from the change to the playable unit palette (and Hana’s dialogue in Ch 5 mentioning the blue team instead of black team), this patch is exactly the same as the v2.0 version. Hope that you and your viewers like this change :pray: . OP will be updated to include this version and the new screenshots.

12 Likes

This sounds terribly idiotic and completely pointless.

PERFECT

4 Likes

Hey that’s me, :face_with_hand_over_mouth: I’m the viewer confused by the grey Sprite

Regarding the secret events guide, I wasn’t able to find it anywhere in here and there’s a escape arrow in chapter 10 that remains a mystery to me

1 Like