[FE8][Complete]Fire Emblem: War on Two Fronts v1.3 (Final Release)

Hello, everyone. Initially I was going to just leave the project as it stands, warts and all, but I’ve decided to go back and put some more work into it. I’m mainly focusing on improving the gameplay, polishing the maps and graphics and getting some new music tracks in. The story I mostly intend to leave as-is, I’d rather just use it as a jumping off point for something else at this point.

The hack launched with several borked portraits and community assets that I did eventually want to go back and replace. And for what I can, I will. Unfortunately, I have all the graphical talent of a dog locked in a hot car. Therefore, if anyone is willing to contribute their assistance with getting some new mugs in the game or repairing the ones I’ve already made, please contact me either via DM here or @captainfisting#0776 on the FEU discord. I would very much appreciate your assistance.

2 Likes

Varis can’t promote with the Master Seal and he can’t get support till he promotes which is not ideal especially if his level-ups are mediocre.

He is already level 20 but no promotion in sight and lots of pending supports.

The Boss in Chapter 16 has the same skill twice…if you are still fixing errors

1 Like

The double skill problem is caused by me moving around the class skills of the Marksman class. It’ll be fixed by the time of the next release.

1 Like

How fares the improvements on this wonderful hack?

This is the final patch release. I will not be releasing any more. I’ve had this sat on my hard drive for a while now wondering if I want to actually release it, but I’m doing it anyway. The patch, along with the patch notes, are in the original post.

I started working on another project after this was out, which I’ve been chipping away at in the interim, and I’d rather work on that as something entirely new than spending the inordinate amount of time necessary to dissect this one and find all the problems. That project will come out eventually, that is to say a long time from now, but this one is done.

To anyone expecting me to come back with something impressive, I’m sorry, but at least you’re getting improvements after six months of radio silence.

6 Likes

Glad to hear you working on another project. Good luck on it! I was thoroughly impressed with this one and can’t wait to tear into it again with the final update. More prfs are always a good thing imo and I like the idea of Varis being able to promote alittle earlier. Stay safe out there!

Glad to hear that you’ve come away from this with a new idea. Make sure not to overstress yourself with this one. Keep inspired, take lessons of the good and bad from your first work and turn the second into something grand.

Hi been playing the hack for a while and it’s been fun so far but, I’m not sure if this has been reported yet but the door to the throne room on chapter 21 seems to bug out once I finally reach it through normal means.

I tried it out with both a lockpick and a doorkey (w/ the help of a cheat keeping the phase on player phase) and somehow it works.

Hello, I’m a player from China. Recently, I translated this hack into Chinese,So I hope to get your permission,thanks.

Hello! I am really enjoyng this hack so far! Story is good and the main character is interesting, feeling more as a normal person than a traditional hero

just wanted to ask, is there limits to support conversations? Like only 5 like the vanilla FE, or is it unlimited?:

thanks!

1 Like

They’re limited to 5 conversations, like vanilla. If I remember correctly, I never got around to making units gain the right amount of support points, but they’re all viewable from the main menu anyway.

1 Like

I screwed myself over on chapter 7 (I used the last of my heal staff on chapter 6)

When’s the next shop?!

This game doesn’t have on-map shops iirc, everything is from preps armory.

It’s all so expensive though

Playing with Mgba the door to the left side on chapter 4 cannot be opened at all. After killing the boss too cannot seize throne the level is unpassable.

Had the same problem as well on vba. I used the warp staff that you get in the same chapter.

As Anna says in the dialogue, the door cannot be opened with keys or picks. You have to have a character stand on the tile directly to its right, for it to open.

Just finished playing through the entire game and never promoted the lord. Does he promote through master crest like everyone else? I thought that he would be promoted through the story like most lords so I didn’t save any master crests for him and ended up going all the way to endgame with an unpromoted lord who would get bodied by everything LMAO.

Varis is no hero. Bro got carried by the Gawain Elysa tag team.

His story promotion used to be where the Paragon Lance is, but was moved to being a normal promotion, since he was terrible. This was before I realised I needed to telegraph things like this. He’s still just a personal weapon with legs, though.

His heavy blade served me well while it lasted. RIP to the real hero