[FE8] [Complete] Fire Emblem: Vision Quest (v3 by Pushwall - 1-Oct-22)

What are the changes between the latest version and the previous one? I see it’s like turning two external transmissions into the main line? Any other changes?

1 Like

Just the changes that are outlined in the post.

There were a few bugs that came up as a result of some of these changes, which are now remedied in a new patch here for v1.06.

Changes include

• Summons are now green units, courtesy of @Pikmin1211. Because we hit the hard player cap, summons stopped working in the final 2 chapters when the army is maxed out, so this is a technical workaround. Admittedly, I never liked how OP summoning was in FE8, so I felt green unit summons would allow for some more interesting and unique gameplay for the final few chapters you have access to it (see below)
  • Bug that causes the enemies in 4-E to disappear randomly and spawn the crash swordmaster is fixed thanks to Pikmin w/ help from @Snakey1.
  • Enemy composition is changed for a few maps, mainly to reduce the strain on OAM - enemies should now appear properly in 3-E and 4-1, as well as others that were previously stressed from having too many diverse classes.
  • You should now not be able to skip gaiden y/n events, thanks Skitty and Vesly for pointing this out.

I’m hoping this is the last update for v1 for some time, but new things will continue to pop up. My plan is to comb through feedback and review the survey in depth before embarking on larger updates to gameplay in prep for a proper version 2. Stay tuned and thanks again for the overwhelming support.

Enjoy!

11 Likes

I like Titus but GOD is he annoying and does a LOT of carrying on. Granted I’m at 4-2 so i’m hoping his character gets better aka lose the act he does by games end but man :rofl:

1 Like

Titus certainly has a way with words.

Thanks @Knight_Moris for pointing out a bug with chickens. I updated the patch in the same spot with the quick fix.

2 Likes

Time for my feedback essay.

What I liked:

• The overall gameplay is excellent. The anti-turtle design makes the game fast-paced and interesting from map to map.
  • The objective variety is great throughout the entire game.
  • The story was interesting with fun spins on the lords to make them stand out.
  • The large roster allows replayability and experimentation.
  • The presentation is fantastic, from portraits to music to other graphics.
  • KIR
  • The use of “heck” in the writing is oddly charming. Same with all the food references.
  • The earlygame is one of the funnest I’ve ever played.

What I didn’t like

• Fog wyverns. Honestly, my distaste for fog has grown lately due to me getting screwed over in ironmans of other games, so that issue isn’t completely VQ’s fault.

Despite my minor issues with fog, this is still one of the best hacks out there and I’m proud to have followed the hack on the Discord server for as long as I have, and I intend to stick around.

6 Likes

Normally I wait until I finish a part to share the bugs I encounter (so as not to clutter the thread), but there’s two big bugs in part 4 that I believe need urgent fixes.

First, in part 4, the two convoys and armies merge. This works fine, but there’s an issue: the “list” command, which is supposed to show every single item the army has, only shows items obtained in part 3 or in part 4. Items obtained in the prior two parts and items inside the convoy (even those gotten in part 3) aren’t displayed. This makes it a huge chore to find items.

Second, I used darkstone on an enemy archer. I promptly regretted this when, a few turns later, the enemy started to move, and…

…Apparently attacked me while still stoned. Game freeze, too bad, time to restart. Judging by the amount of turns that had passed, I think the enemy should’ve been cured by then, but for some reason when he attacked Seruni he still had the effect. Also, in case it’s important, the enemy was hidden in the fog when he started moving.

1 Like

I think the “list” function breaking is either a casualty of the convoy split, or is related to .sav files across patch updates.

I’ll look into the stoned effect.

Try updating to the latest patch if you have not already. I apologize for any issues that come up.

1 Like

Thanks for the quick response. I am playing on the latest version, been updating as you released patches.

Anyway, I did a bit of investigating of my own, and I can confirm that, when the enemy was not hidden in the fog, he recovered from stone after the enemy phase just fine. It’s only when he was hidden that he started moving ahead of time and softlocked me.

1 Like

Strange - I wonder if that is a side-effect of the ‘stoned’ status never appearing in vanilla as something the player has access to, thus weird interactions with hidden enemies?

1 Like

I might just be extremely unlucky but does this hack only have 1 RN?

1 Like

You are, unfortunately, unlucky. Game is still 2 RN… for now

4 Likes

For now…

5 Likes

0RN when

2 Likes

Don’t give me any ideas

3 Likes

in chapter 2-4, what do you get for engaging the druid with the “old friend”?

1 Like

S rank light tome.

1 Like

time to reset.

1 Like

on another note, when do we get access to the rapier?

1 Like

There are a few throughout the game, but I do not recall where each rapier is off hand.

1 Like

are they in shops?
also may have to go without Naia.
Edit: nvm storch died.
now im going on without her And Cashew.

1 Like