[FE8] [Complete] Fire Emblem: Vision Quest (v3 by Pushwall - 1-Oct-22)

I may have it in a secret shop, but no regular shop sells them. You’ll need to steal most likely at this point.

3 Likes

i just learned Naia retreats and it made losing her a little better.
do you get any other myrms in this game?

1 Like

on another note, this hack really discourages turtling huh?
a lot of maps have a time limit, or brigands, or both.
i don’t turtle much if at all, but i find myself rushing a lot more than usual.

1 Like

Yeah, turtling bad

2 Likes

btw, is Storch supposed to be able to use the wo dao?

1 Like

Yeah, it is mentioned in a talk / support.

3 Likes

New patch v1.08 is out!

Thanks Snicks for pointing out an issue with event logic for the gaidens. I also made a few small tweaks, such as buffing the Wing Clipper and Cashew’s strength. A few tile changes were polished too (Ty Warpath).

Keep the feedback coming. Thanks again.

9 Likes

Hey I’m having an issue: my game goes blackscreen/freeze mode when I start chapter 7x, I can’t do anything beyond this point, and I had just overwritten all my savestates with the pre-battle menu D:

edit: Apparently I should have recruited Gunnar at chapter 7? Idk he just showed up in the cutscene in between but not as a playable character afterwards

1 Like

Sorry to hear about the issue - can you DM me your .sav file so I can take a look?

Additionally, are you on the most up to date patch?

1 Like

Sure, and yes, I downloaded it two days ago.

1 Like

Got it - I’ll keep an eye out and will test later. Will follow up with you then to see if I can pinpoint the issue.

1 Like

at what point do you stop getting promo items?
im asking so i can know whether training up some unpromoted units is still a good idea at chapter 18.

1 Like

There are earth seals peppered in throughout the game - I added in more than most players would probably use in a normal run to encourage experimentation with units, as well as provide opportunity to promote backup units for those playing iron man.

They are also available as a last resort in a few secret shops towards the end of the game.

2 Likes

Is there any guide for secrets/pickups out there? I’m kind of a perfectionist in that sense :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Not yet - but I intend to make guides for the desert maps down the road.

1 Like

Alright then, but can you tell me which chapter does the first secret shop appears? Also, it would be very useful if you could link the recruitment guide here at the post :slight_smile:

1 Like

They wouldn’t be very secret if I told you - but I’ll probably update a “secrets guide” in an upcoming update.

The recruitment guide is linked in the dropbox - you can download directly from there.

1 Like

Hi all - new update catching a few day’s worth of minor issues and balance changes. Most notably:

• Kosuke and Tompkins have both received buffs so that they are scarier bosses to deal with.
  • There was a crash that occurred if you killed the boss before turn 5 in 2-3x. This crash no longer happens if you are a pro gamer.
  • Accept sidequest screen will not blank out if you press start through the end events.
  • Autolevels for a few enemies are fixed.
  • More dialogue updates and fixes.
  • Storch promo battle sprite updated
  • 2-1x slightly reworked to make it harder for the merchant to die if green units are green units.

You can get the new patch here and in the first post (v1.09)

EDIT: As a heads up, I anticipate this will be the last update (barring any other major bugs) until I play through the game again over the course of the summer. My intent is to stream a run of HM iron man, make changes to tweak the balance based on my own findings, and then shift focus to making more major design overhauls to smooth out difficulty. More details to come, and thanks again for all of your support. Please keep reporting bugs and sharing your feedback

10 Likes

Can you post a screenshot of item location on desert map? It’s hard to find them all.

1 Like

I will make images eventually. There is nothing in the desert that is absolutely essential to progress.

1 Like