[FE8] [Complete] Fire Emblem: Vision Quest (v3 by Pushwall - 1-Oct-22)

What do you mean wtih “playing with resets”?

1 Like

As in you reset when a unit dies versus continuing to play.

1 Like

what is the reward in chapter 2-1x for saving all the npcs?
i’m trying to decide if it’s worth getting.

1 Like

energy ring iirc

1 Like

i think i’ll go without it then.

1 Like

Does Titus take movement penalties from sand?

1 Like

Yes - he is an armor unit.

1 Like

btw, are there any specific requirements for any of the gaidens, or is it just keep X character alive till that point?

1 Like

The requirements are in the first post.

1 Like

Is there anything stating who gets what skill when? I leveled up a thief to lvl 15 and they did not learn anything. Is that because they already start out with a few skills?

1 Like

Thief skills work differently - please check out the guide or the first post for details.

Here’s the full list courtesy of @Pushwall

Skill List

Level 15:
Brawler Desperation
Mage Armour Pursuit
Mercenary Strong Riposte
Fighter Fiery Blood
Armour Natural Cover
Cavalier Chivalry
Scout Forager
Myrmidon Duelist’s Blow
Soldier Camaraderie
Bandit Intimidate
Archer Certain Blow
Wyvern Tantivy
Pegasus Wind Disciple
Mage Discipline
Monk Breath of Life
Priest/Cleric Live to Serve
Shaman Hex
Troubadour Voice of Peace
Bard Bond

Level 5:
Swordmaster Crit +15
Berserker Crit +15
Halberdier Crit +15
Sniper Crit +15
Rogue Steal+

3 Likes

Hello there! I have finished part 3. In the old version, this was my least favorite part. Too short, the cast wasn’t as interesting and I didn’t like what 3-E did to Titus’s character. That’s why, after seeing all the improvements to other parts of the game I did not like (like 1-7xx), I was looking forward to this part.

I have to say, you did not disappoint. The addition of Radoslav and Seruni’s chapter helped to make the part feel less tiny. Radoslav and Seruni themselves have become my favorite units in the part, too. Semi-est nomad was much fun to train, and Radoslav… well, let me just say, nosferatanking with no AS loss and actually decent defense is busted, but boy is it fun. Poor Bulan has been undone… still, both of them are so much better than every druid in the official GBA games! I am truly glad to see the class done justice. I’m also happy that you fixed that “base shaman con is too low for flux” nonsense. Always hated that…

As for 3-E, my complaints about it back in the day have mostly been fixed. The changes were subtle, Titus is just a bit less eager about the bloodshed, but I think that was enough to make it seem clear that he had more on his mind than he was willing to tell. And that’s really the biggest problem I had with the game’s story back then, so I’m truly happy to see it resolved.

All in all, this part has been much improved. My regards for that.

Here are the issues I encountered in part 3. Not necessarily belonging to part 3 exclusively.

• At the start of chapter 3-1, the game says that Waluyo can only access the convoy between chapters. However, this isn’t true. I’m assuming this is a leftover from the versions prior to the split convoy addition, so it should probably be removed.

• In the “classes” section of the guide, a “skills” entry is mentioned, but it does not exist.

• I hope I can explain myself properly with this one… Stina’s idle mouth frames are misplaced in dialogue scenes. Her talking frames are fine, though, so it looks like her lower face jumps forward when she speaks.

Notice the difference? For some reason, though, in her statsheet and in the inventory screens, her mouth is properly aligned.

• Only Surya can start the conversation with Michael in 3-3. Michael cannot do it.

• Radoslav needs one more point of base luck. The mercenary right next to him has exactly 1% crit against him in normal difficulty. He can be distracted, but it’s really risky, as it requires throwing someone squishier than Radoslav in the middle of a bunch of enemies. If you let him attack Radoslav, you face a chance to lose him as soon as turn 1. Given that this hack is intended to be played ironman, I’d say this isn’t very nice. One more point of luck shouldn’t make much of a difference beyond keeping him from dying immediately.

• Zakawat’s palette hasn’t been updated for his new color scheme. It’s still brown-on-yellow, even though his portrait is now green-on-yellow.

Typos

Kir says he “doesn’t want to fight”, then goes on to talk about his wife… and Waluyo replies with “us neither”. Doesn’t really flow correctly when there’s a bunch of other stuff between Kir’s “I don’t want to fight” statement and Waluyo’s reply .

Lower-case after period.

These two don’t fit the textboxes.

Cajon says “tell me, Stina”, but then he doesn’t ask a question.

I’m not sure if that is right. Shouldn’t it be “of all the”?

I’d say you were right on time.

Waluyo can’t make his mind up. I didn’t forget anything there, there’s nothing between those lines.

I’m not sure what he means by “meaning”, but maybe it’s correct, I don’t know.

This line is cut off and skipped as Kusuma interrupts him. Maybe it was intentional, but I’ll still report it.

Maybe “our feelings” make “us” uniquely human.

I think that’s everything. Before I call it a night, let me say, my expectations are very high now. I’ve loved everything up to this point. There’s a lot about part 4 that I’m looking forward to, especially the truth behind Horvath’s schemes. All I know about the finale is that the endgame boss is not controlled by a dragon. It intrigues me, so I’m looking forward to reaching the conclusion. When I do, I’ll publish my last batch of issues and my final thoughts. So, until then!

5 Likes

Thanks for the kind feedback as always. Some of these were caught and fixed in updates that are now available in the link in the first post. I strongly encourage you to make a backup save, update the patch with a fresh ROM, and continue, as there are some notable bugs in part 4 from the earlier versions that will inhibit your ability to finish the game, most likely.

Please keep the feedback coming and I’ll add these adjustments to an update patch.

2 Likes

Hey there! I’ve only just finished part 1, but I’ve been having a blast! You did a great job on this mod!

4 Likes

Thank you! Glad you’re enjoying it.

One more update - I’ve decided to make gaiden maps optional through a yes/no menu a la FE7. I tested the events and the options should all work correctly. Please be mindful of skipping end events, as it may cause you to miss out on the gaiden!

Additionally, I made the following tweaks.

• Radoslav’s base luck is adjusted by +1.
  • Sarka has +2 points of HP.
  • Changed a few songs around (notably you’ll hear a newly composed track for when you unlock a gaiden)
  • Stina’s mouth frames are fixed.
  • The swordmaster that crashes the game in 4-E (KItozawa clearly wants his revenge) should be gone as I replaced the enemy data. Not sure why he loaded in at all.
  • Zakawat’s palette is adjusted to reflect his updated green mug.
  • More typos are fixed.

Please keep the feedback coming, and get v1.05 here. You can continue with your pre-existing save.

5 Likes

Pretty sure there’s a way to not let the option to pick something from a yes no menu be skipped (fe8 must have it because I always skip the events leading to the Lord split)

3 Likes

I’ll refer to it again to double confirm - thanks.

2 Likes

You could add in evbit 4 (or 1) so players cannot accidentally press start & skip over.

In my case, you must choose yes/no for debug mode (spam pressing start does nothing). If you press yes, more player units are loaded and all items are given. I then skip the regular loading of units by going to cond 9001. After the choice is done, I allow scene skipping once more.

2 Likes

Just tested this - saw it’s the same as used in vanilla route split. I’ll get an update patch up in a bit. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

At part 3-E and if I had to sum up this hack in a couple words it’s this: Radiant Dawn but done CORRECTLY.

5 Likes