[FE8] [Complete] Fire Emblem: Vision Quest (v3 by Pushwall - 1-Oct-22)

That all makes sense. Thanks! Was also wondering about accidentally making early game harder for myself for no reason but I know I can’t have my cake and eat it too. I feel a little more able to make choices now, I appreciate it.

Still chipping away! Next question: am I safe to sell the member card after the chapter I get it in?

Don’t, there are more secret shops.

1 Like

Is there a way to activate fixed growths on this hack?

I’m also looking for a solution for this. I’ve tried using FEBuilded to turn on the global flag EF that usually works with other fe8 skill system romhacks but that doesn’t seem to do it.

1 Like

The game freezes to black screen at the end of 1-3, what can I do?

From the OP:

1-3’s end event can cause the game to freeze, skipping the event avoids this problem.

So mash Start (or hotkey equivalent), I guess.

1 Like

It didn’t work.

Ok fixed it

I have not finished this yet, on like 4-6 or something (I forgot and haven’t gone back to check) but I can explicitly state that this has been one of the best experiences with rom hacks that I have ever had. The story and characters are great, the class splits and “subclass” niches that exist are extremely well done and feel good. Well done Pandan and everyone else that contributed to this amazing game.

5 Likes

Would you restart creating its sequel or make a brand new one?

1 Like

Nah I’m over VQ and its world.

If I do anything it’d be net new and different in all aspects except emphasis on food.

9 Likes

Hello! Big fan of the OST for this game. Just a question though, the music files you shared in your Dropbox for said OST are all in .s files.

My question is how do I actually “listen” to said files? I try opening it and it’s all just code.

Thanks for the assist!

Not gonna lie, man. After seeing the open ending you gave to this game, knowing that you aren’t willing to give it a conclusion hurts. I’ll accept if of course, but srill hurts.

1 Like

@Baconicon – the .s files are for gba insertion. You can listen to them in-game in the sound room.

@LewynCollins – I’d argue there is a conclusion to the important events of the game – I don’t think I need to say much more. The cycle continues

2 Likes

Honestly I’m just happy you gave us all such a wonderful experience. In my mind VQ was one of the defining fan projects on the forum in terms of quality, both for writing and gameplay.

And for my own two cents as someone else whose finished the game, I didn’t see it as all that open-ended. There’s a definite sequel hook, sure, but the story of the game has pretty conclusively been resolved.

4 Likes

Oh yes, but you said it: sequel HOOK. And i took the bait. And now it’s painful to know there’s nothing at the other side of the fishing rod. I understand why Pandran stopped trying with the sequel and I would never pressure him into it, but still hurts. It’s probably my fault for being avid reader, I need more, and MORE, and MOAAAAR :rofl:

Maybe I missed the discord link, but I have a question.

I added two of my own units to the game that I port to all the Rom Hacks I play, one’s an assassin and the other is a necromancer / summoner. Problem is, for some reason when I set up my summoner anything I set them up to summon in the summons menu always results in the CC Cluck being summoned instead.

Any clues as to why this may be happening? I haven’t touched any of the game files or monsters outside the adding new data to inserts my own two characters and three classes. So nothing in the base hack is tampered with as far as I can tell.

The game is at the maximum limit for player characters, which causes issues when summoning blue units or adding additional character to the game.

1 Like

Being somewhat new to Rom hacking, how would I go about freeing up space?