[FE8] [Complete] Fire Emblem: Vision Quest (v3 by Pushwall - 1-Oct-22)

Playing the most recent update (v3) and Natsuko won’t level up past level 10. Looking for a fix.

Are you going to make vision quest 2?

1 Like

sorry chief, I tried and didn’t like it

1 Like

I’d need to check, but if you go into FEBuilder, you should be able to check Natsuko’s class and see if there’s anything funky triggered in there that would treat the class like a trainee – this is a super old bug, so it shouldn’t be there anymore.

1 Like

It’s okay this is one of my favorite hack amazing story

2 Likes

Appreciate it – if you’re curious, the demo for the sequel is available here: [FE8] Fire Emblem: Lengths of Time [22-Oct-21, v.01 - 7 chapters] [Canceled]

5 Likes

Problem solved. It was an issue on my end. Loaded a script into the event assembler that caused the bug.

Hey there! Longtime JRPG fan (close to three decades), longtime Fire Emblem fan (close to two decades), and finally getting around to trying this game, my first romhack ever. Outside of fan translations, I guess haha.

So far I’m loving it more than some FE games, but I’m finding that I’m getting the same support anxiety that I got from the older FEs with capped supports.

Basically, I don’t want to blow my supports on early characters when I don’t know my final group, but don’t want to accidentally lock myself out of max supports with certain characters if I decide too late that I want to invest in them. Since you increase supports by battle deployment.

How viable is it to wait until you recruit all of a characters potential supports before raising any? I know the answer is “don’t worry about”…but this is how I play games lol. I can’t not worry about it ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks!

2 Likes

I totally understand your worries with the supports but imo it adds even greater replay ability if they’re capped. It’ll also give you a chance to see what works and doesn’t then next play through you can fine tune who you support who with. Fire emblem has always been about replay ability to me and the fact that it limits you on play through a allows for more things to do and change next play through.

1 Like

I do appreciate the reply, and I have no problem with or argument against the concept of support limits, but I barely have time to play through a game once much less twice. So replayability is moot to me with how I play and approach games.

This is more of a mechanics question here since I don’t know how many battles it takes for a support to raise.

Judging by my experience, everyone has so many support options that you won’t accidentally lock anyone out of getting their A+B filled, just by not pulling the trigger until you’re pretty sure you’re sticking with a character for a while. You’ll know who has an at least medium-term future pretty quickly just based on who you like, and even if someone winds up with a B-rank with someone who got dropped or whatever, risking that is surely more ‘optimal’ than going without supports in the earlygame, where the boosts matter more. Endgame has a very generous support limit, anyway, so a lot of your units will have a future even if they aren’t quite A-listers, particularly if you’re playing ironman.

That all makes sense. Thanks! Was also wondering about accidentally making early game harder for myself for no reason but I know I can’t have my cake and eat it too. I feel a little more able to make choices now, I appreciate it.

Still chipping away! Next question: am I safe to sell the member card after the chapter I get it in?

Don’t, there are more secret shops.

1 Like

Is there a way to activate fixed growths on this hack?

I’m also looking for a solution for this. I’ve tried using FEBuilded to turn on the global flag EF that usually works with other fe8 skill system romhacks but that doesn’t seem to do it.

1 Like

The game freezes to black screen at the end of 1-3, what can I do?

From the OP:

1-3’s end event can cause the game to freeze, skipping the event avoids this problem.

So mash Start (or hotkey equivalent), I guess.

1 Like

It didn’t work.

Ok fixed it