[FE8] [Complete] Fire Emblem: The Phantom King

Nope not yet, sorry :sweat:

1 Like

I am on chapter 12 and its very easy so far on normal mode!

I will make an announcement whenever hardmode is fully tested. It will likely be after I finish writing the support convos.

1 Like

(from the sidelines) Iā€™m so excited that this is still actively being worked on. Definitely look forward to another play through as more stuff is checked off.

1 Like

@RandomMercenary

Just finished the hack and i really liked it, very high quality hack, Thanks!

Pretty much evrything was great only the difficulty could be tweaked at begin to mid so its harder but the end was pretty hard also the story was overall really good only there were so many names/places to remember wich made it a bit messy.

Also i have to say i really loved the detailed map u made for Reglis, u actually put in work so its very well explained during story missions, not many hacks take the time for this!

Fav char: Kathleen!

Spoiler

Looking forward to the Sequel!!!

Will come back when u got the supports and Hard mode done!
Also would like to see the QoL updates like HP and enemy range!

2 Likes

Thanks for the kind words! Iā€™m glad you liked it. It keeps me motivated to keep working on this project :grin:

2 Likes

Hello im halfway through the game and wanted to report on a pretty sad glitch i found, apparently you cannot promote Banyu, as doing so litteraly freezes the game. I understand Nomads are not a thing in FE8 but if your gonna put one atleast make him be able to promote to a Ranger. Also since it completly freezes the game it also is accompanied by the infernal gba crash beep (that gave me a pretty good spook in 2 in the morning). Anyway you can fix it? Hes kinda one of my best at the moment. This is what appears when i try to promote him.

Also since im typing this i figured out a way to make Brian use swords while unpromoted, for some reason hes able to use the rapier, once he uses it once he unlocks E in swords albeit theres no animations, but it completly works. I dunno if this works on other non sword lords like Hannah.

Also this game is great, i love it, im exited to see how the story goes and the difficulty is for the most part fair. (The most part, chapter 15 ambushed me HARD).

1 Like

I fixed it. The patch has been updated. Banyu should be able to promote as he is supposed to now and Brian canā€™t use rapiers anymore. Let me know if it still not working. Thanks for finding these bugs!

Finished this hack a week ago or so, and even though I couldnā€™t beat the game because of a bug at the end, it was a lot of fun. Probably one of my favorite hacks. Maps were pretty challenging, and I really liked the change of pace I felt with this story, and the little interactions between random units were nice (the one with Clint at the interludešŸ’€) Clint and Phillip were probably my best units besides Kathleen, while Lennardā€™s was painfully mediocre. Rarely doubled, and mostly dealt chip damage. Main complaint I had was that it wasnā€™t mentioned how to recruit the pirate unit, though I was playing on the original patch, so maybe thatā€™s fixed. Looking forward to that sequel if what Iā€™ve heard is correct!

1 Like

Great to hear that you enjoyed it! And sorry for the bug at the end. I think you mean the one where the final boss is unkillable? It got fixed in a update a while back.

The pirate can be recruited when you talk to him with Sharra after recruiting her with Clint.

Thanks a lot for sharing your thoughts!

1 Like

Hello iā€™m just playing the game, good plot twist. But i have problem sometimes the game just stop and i need press enter for start before this but for this i cant see the history. Iā€™m playing on visual boy advance. Some any idea for resolve this ?

Could you send me your save file so I can look into this?

1 Like

Thx attention but the problem for me its not the save, but in future when i forget game and history for replay. i no have the save more i just passed this chapter for this i dnt have it more. Iā€™m playing in wrong emulator or need some config for no have bugs more ?

The Soldier (Claye) doesnā€™t evolve after Level 10

The Knights Crest doesnā€™t even work on him either

I assume the Soldier class is supposed to function like the Trainees based on the Promotion Tree

Also Lennard can use Rapiers but is still mid

Ok, Claye is able to evolve with the Master Seal but still not the best idea to have to waste two promotion items on one unit and his stats arenā€™t even that great.

Better to make it function like the Trainees with the automatic promotion after level 10

This was intended to be the case but I canā€™t figure out how to make his character slot act like a trainee unit. The other trainee units work because they are just the vanilla trainees but edited. Sorry for that.
And donā€™t worry about wasting a master seal on Claye. That is the hole reason he starts out with one in his inventory.

This has been fixed in the most recent version.

I donā€™t think the emulator is the problem. I use virtual boy as wel.

1 Like

Ok, that makes sense. it is not a massive issue.

Another thing would be if we could get all the Special House Weapons even the ones held by enemies.

Make them droppable if possible

I like the unit spread, gives you a good roster to choose from.

Good one, I might do just that in a future update.

2 Likes

Some other suggestions:

Change the XP modifier for Mend to the normal rate, it takes forever to level up your healers since staves give very little xp (heal and mend give basically the same xp)

Spoilers

For the chapter with the bone-walkers and the fog, include maybe 2 droppable torches. You canā€™t predict this chapter with fog and using only thief for visibility makes it very tricky.

1 Like

Kathleen can promote twice into the same unit.

I used a Lordā€™s seal to promote here to Master Knight and then during the cutscene after Siege of Dresden, she promoted to Master Knight again.

Waste of a Lordā€™s seal

I assume it was unintentional

Lennard canā€™t promote using a Lordā€™s Seal/Masterā€™s Seal.

Maybe include which seal promotes to which tier in the picture diagram in the very 1st post

Iā€™m liking the dual route sort of thing in the story. Can see both sides of the conflict.

1 Like