[FE8] [Complete] Fire Emblem: The Phantom King

Quick update!

There was a pretty serious bug that made the final boss unbeatable (Thanks for reporting, @Rivian). Sorry for the inconvenience. For anyone who’s enjoying the hack: Please download the new patch to be able to actually finish your playthrough. :sweat:

5 Likes

Loving this hack so far—really polished/great job!

One thing I am running into is game freezes when trying to promote Claye w the master seal.

Are you perhaps trying to promote him while holding a shield? If so, then that might be the problem. Try promoting him while having a normal weapon equipped.

That was it, thank you!

1 Like

There are a shit ton of typos, i could probably point out 5 in the first 30 seconds of the game already

lowcon
as an adult his constitution is ridiculously low
lowcon2
just look at she , i think she is still a child

Yeah you’re right, that’s pretty dumb. I’ll change it in a future update.

Review (first play through, at Chapter 16)

First, thank you so much for this thoughtful awesome hack! Really enjoying it and how polished it is.

Escape sequences were some of my favorite and least favorite chapters. Obviously by design, the units that show up overpower and eventually create impossible situations (unless you actually escape/leave). This urgency was sometimes really fun, and I was forced to really find the “correct” strategy without delay (and rewards for delaying or risking a harder path were VERY well done). Chapter 11 for example I had to try nine or ten times to get through without losing units, and each time had to actually alter my overall strategy at each of the phases as the very long/epic chapter unfolded. Chapter 15 on the other hand, was brutal getting to the point where I could kill the boss / claim the Lord Seal without causalities. But then I guess I took too long, because without warning six units (two as mounted bows?!) showed up exactly where I was (too far from the exit to get away unscathed, especially as six more showed up every turn). That felt rough / all of a sudden.

I loved that this hack was challenging but playable. The mechanics seem balanced and everything seems pretty fair.

I didn’t really notice any spelling errors, except “ofcourse” instead of “of course” (which is used like 30+ times in the game). There were some minor punctuation differences, but overall it all felt fine. The story so far is good. I liked the humorous moments, and I thought the characters were really compelling. I really look forward to support conversation, and will probably play through again when that’s in place.

Awesome job!

3 Likes

I’m glad you like it :smile:
Thank you for your thoughts!

Where is the secret shop and how many are there?

I downloaded your latest patch but the final boss keeps resurrecting what do i do?

Okay i figured it out, i had to restart the chapter

Secret shop location

This tile on chapter 19

What happened exactly? You were able to kill him but he revived himself somehow?

marya cannot use master seal
summoner!rauss cannot summon

Thanks, will look into it.

levitation
ok he very light that can levieate

1 Like

All houses
There are a total of 61 different houses with each their own heraldic charge. You can find out which people belong to which house and where their castle is located in the character charts.

Mount and blade - with Fire and Sword Emblem moment.
This is actualy pretty cool, it’s clear that you put a lot of effort into the story, I’ll give this a play since it seems pretty interesting.

4 Likes

Enjoying the game so far. I prefer Kathleen over to Lennard, I just don’t like him imo. A bug I found in chapter 11 is if you attempt to use the arena if just crashes the game

1 Like

Thanks for letting me know!

Is Hard mode playable now or?