[FE8] [COMPLETE] Fire Emblem: Flames of Redemption (Version 1.5 out!)

SPOILER FOE THE FIRST PART OF THE GAME

Just finished the first part of the game. The twist was interesting tho I know something was coming. So I want to ask. It’s there a way to like “Get back” anyone from the original party?

Spoilers for plot

No.

So my B rank support with the thief is just wasted?

now this is plotwist

WWWA
change the mug because …well …spoiler…
andeyeflamebugmetonoend

SS
SA

dunt call us coward because we had beat you

can make her fully supported with saif and joseph,that will work
SAI

Hello there, I had just beaten the hack today. Here was my final team.

FE Flames of Redemption-6
FE Flames of Redemption-7
FE Flames of Redemption-8
FE Flames of Redemption-9
FE Flames of Redemption-10

FE Flames of Redemption-11
FE Flames of Redemption-12
FE Flames of Redemption-13
FE Flames of Redemption-14
FE Flames of Redemption-15
FE Flames of Redemption-16
FE Flames of Redemption-17
FE Flames of Redemption-18
FE Flames of Redemption-19
FE Flames of Redemption-20

I’ll be honest, I fell in love with Teresa since I first saw her, and couldn’t resist using her. Might save up my stat boosters for her if I play again.

2 Likes

for some reason killian cannot use his own s lance but his lance rank is s

also what’s the point let rebekka gave a sword to elias which he doesn’t have enough weapon rank to use?

Yeah, It seems to be hella buggy when it comes to Weapon Ranks. For example, my Teresa had A ranks and she couldn’t gain any WEXP.

Oh, hey, I did that too in regards to beating the Pursuer on the first chapter he shown up in. Although, my Sabrina had less defense and HP, and was a Great Knight. Also, I had to team up on him.

I actually have a question for you that isn’t about Teresa not gaining Weapon EXP.

Are you planning on making a sequel? Because I felt like a sequel is possible because of the epilogue.

Hello. I’m here with version 1.0.2, which addresses some of the issues people have mentioned. The patch can be found in the OP.

Changes
  • Characters who leave permanently will now be “divorced” from the ones who stay. This means you can not waste any support slots anymore.
  • Weapon ranks should work properly again.
  • Minimum experience when using staves has been raised.
  • You now get an earlier Guiding Ring if you decide to invade Burgundy in Ch10. One of the later Guiding Rings was replaced.
  • Reduced the enemy reinforcements and nerfed Diego.
  • Agnes and Marco cannot support during Ch14 anymore.
  • Reduced the NPC reinforcements in Ch15.
  • Elias now receives a sword that he can actually use in Ch16 if recruited with a certain character.

There are other changes I want to make, mostly regarding the game’s difficulty and enemy curve. I have some ideas to address this, however, there is some playtesting to be done before I release more.

Aside from the changes to the game itself, I have updated the OP with the following:

Thread Update
  • A link to a spreadsheet that serves as a guide for the game! It’s obviously not a walkthrough, but rather, a character and class guide. It’s useful if you want to know what skills a character or class learns, who supports who, or if you just want to look at the portraits. The spreadsheet is divided in non-spoiler and spoiler sheets, so you can browse without fear.
  • The .zip now includes a separate version of the patch that restores the Support Gallery, with every support conversation unlocked from the beginning. If you were ever curious about a support conversation, you can see it without playing through the whole game again. The support room itself has a bug, which is detailed in the OP.
  • The download no longer includes a save file, as I deemed it unecessary.

I’m sorry this took a little longer than anticipated, but I thank everyone who played this while I was gone. I was happy to see quite a bit of positive feedback.

So for @Radiant_Wyvern and those wondering about a possible sequel, here are my thoughts about it:

Minor Spoiler

I enjoyed making this hack quite a bit, and I find myself coming back to FEBuilder a lot just to mess around. However, this project also took a really long time to make, mostly because of the number of characters and support conversations. I think I’d rather work on smaller projects for the time being, rather than jumping straight into FEFoR 2. I’m talking around 6 chapters long, like the prologue of FEFoR. I have some ideas that could make for some short but sweet hacks, and I’ve already made a little bit of content for it, but nothing worth showing yet. With that said, after that cliffhanger, I would definitely love to continue the story at some point.

In any case, since the release of the first complete version, this thread has gotten a lot of more activity and I’ve received more PMs about the project, so I’m thinking of making a Discord server for those interested in following my work, or even helping out. I’ll post a link here if/when that happens.

6 Likes

Well, I wasn’t expecting to see a new patch so soon after I beat the previous one. Hopefully that means Teresa will actually gain Weapon EXP now. Also, thanks for answering my question about a possible sequel. I look forward to seeing what you will make down the line. Also, a question regarding Teresa that doesn’t involve weapon ranks. Why is it that you made her growths as low as they are?

Also, I think old saves work with this new version. Do they?

Teresa is a more balanced pre-promote (in comparison to someone like Violet), so her growths are naturally low. Her bases are nothing spectacular, but they are more than decent and she can still be very useful when you get her. Story-wise, she is supposedly well past her prime.

And yeah, older saves should always work after updating.

Okay, well, honestly, for someone supposedly past her prime, Teresa looks incredibly beautiful.

Spoiler

There is nothing even slightly suspicious about the person who knows alchemy appearing ageless.

I understand why you were suspicious about that, but there nothing that said anything in regards to her doing anything bad to pull it off.

Is the weapon rank bug fixed yet?

The new patch that just came out should have fixed it.

Finished playing the hack!

Overall, not much to say that hasn’t already been said before, story is great and gameplay could use some tweaking with enemy stat scaling and EXP. I really liked Miriam’s story.

Also having an actually useful early armor knight for endgame is a nice change:

1 Like

Hi, I’ve (finally) made a server for this hack and future projects of mine. At the moment of writing, there are only two members (including myself), so please join if you’re interested. The next member to join will get a cookie.

You can report bugs, discuss this project in detail, give feedback, offer a hand or just chat if you wish.

1 Like