[FE8][Complete] Fire Emblem: Emulation Theory (SUPER DELUXE)

I can’t really tell if there were any stand out units that were unexpected granted i’m not that good at FE myself but I liked how you handled mark being clearly much stronger than everyone else early on. and it did feel like the later maps when they started breaking got really confusing to navigate that or i was just tired from playing it late into the night.

2 Likes

Supports just what I was waiting for! Time to start

Is Mark’s Sprite meant to look like this?

1 Like

Yep, it gets fixed after promotion

3 Likes

Hi! I’ve added a few things up there in the thread post for you to enjoy.


First, I see this trend of sorts of putting Tier List of the game’s characters and maps. I think this is cute and neat, so I did my own lists! You can sort the playable characters and the maps in their respective tier lists.

Here's mine, on which chapters I'm more proud of! (If you think this doesn't have spoilers, think again)

The formatting on the chapters images is… rough. Sorry about that


In other news, there’s a new way to play this hack: SSR Edition!

I’ve used Vesly’s Self Randomiser machine in this game. It is encouraged that you do NOT play this version first. As such, the download link does not come with the README nor the initial message you need to read before playing. So yeah, there’s not much to say.


Don’t worry about that, you’ll see worse.

Speaking of which, I haven’t heard anyone complain about any bugs or softlocks. I never thought I’d see the day where that could happen…

5 Likes

Yeah, that day hasn’t come yet. In chapter 5, after rescuing Perceval, if he is the last unit to act, the turn just ends without him acting. For me I was moving Seth, my second to last unit to move that turn, and upon hitting wait, the turn ended even though Perceval didn’t get to do anything.

2 Likes

And that day will never come, I’m sure. However it’s best if the bugs aren’t game-breaking and a nuisance to fix

Unlike yours, that was easily fixed. Thanks! Don’t be afraid to tell me any other stuff you find

Sorry if this sounds too harsh, but I recently started a playthrough of the newest patch and I’ve found all the typos and grammar mistakes way too distracting. I really like the story’s premise and the map design so far, and I genuinely want to enjoy this hack. I really do. But the sheer volume of typos/errors is absolutely killing it for me.

1 Like

That’s a perfectly undestandable reason to stop playing the hack, don’t worry about it. I know my grammar still isn’t… good at all. Perhaps it’s time for the 20th overall revision, or someone to aid as an editor.

The amount of text in this hack is tremendous. I have used most of the adresses reserved for the vanilla story dialogue. This and my non-native understanding of english is a fatal combination. But that’s not an excuse! Sorry to hear this is such a detriment for the enjoying of the game

1 Like

Hey so I found 2 glitches on chapter 13

First one is if you interact with the armory or the vendor tiles, after the respective character finishes their dialogue

Summary

Eirika spawns asleep on map without needing to kill Merlinus, even so the events where Mark tries to remember and then tells us to kill Merlinus happen normally, but with Eirika on map (next turn where Eirika awakens also goes like normal)

Also the bottom chest

Summary

can be picked indefinitely, which gave me like 15 Killer Lances where I decided to stop, I think I could’ve perfectly fine use all of my lockpicks and get like 30+ KL

If this was intentional then lmao
But if it wasn’t here it is c:

P.S. Sorry I don’t know how to properly format spoiler text :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Thanks for telling me! I believe I’ve gathered enough changes to patch the game

Next time you see an infinite chest, it’s going to be intentional
…
If you patch the game, and you haven’t reached chapter 17, that is… (whoops!)

Key points:

  • Polished the dialogue.
  • Fixed all noticed bugs, plus an extra few I’ve found.
  • Balanced a few promotion bonuses to try incentivize using worse classes
The actual notes
  • Fixed an issue in which Perceval wasn’t considered part of your army when you rescued him in chapter 5

  • Fixed the General and King classes not having a skill at level 10. And Rogue having an unintended one at level 1

  • Polished most of the dialogue in the game. Specially notable during the first chapters

  • Fixed Summoners not having a promotion bonus.

  • Changed Wyvern Lord, Wyvern Knight, Falcoknight, Druid, Rogue, Assassin, Bishop and Great Knight’s promotion bonuses.

  • Fixed Zephiel and Dart not having a lvl 17 skill.

  • The Goddesslayer is now also effective against Unpromoted Eirika, just in case.

  • Modified the glitched weapons’ prices

  • Fixed the enemy-exclusive Sword Paladin class having 1 extra movement.

  • Fixed some dialogues displaying the wrong portrait

  • Fixed Chapter 13’s main gimmick triggering after visiting one of the sculptures

  • Fixed Chapter 13 (AND 17!) having an infinite chest

  • Chapter 13 now properly displays snowy battle backgrounds

  • Chapter 25 now properly displays the correct victory conditions.

  • Chapter 17 and 25 now displays mountain battle backgrounds

2 Likes

Also in chapter 13 that same bug happens with Eirika that happened with Perceval in chapter 5

1 Like

… that’s on me, I should’ve seen it coming…

Where can I get

Summary

Elysian Whips? I’m on chapter 20 and I still haven’t got a single one

1 Like

Oh, of course, it’s-

It’s…

Oh no

Chapter 23. Don’t forget to speak with someone important.

Next patch will fix the lack of promotion items. Thea was supposed to come with one, but in some iteration that item was replaced with a key. Same with the house in chapter 10 that was burnt down by the pegasus lover, ironically (the other one was supposed to give you the whip and destroy the other house). Whoops!

Now that I look at the item distribution, there’s a serious lack of promotion items. What, did you all just not promoted units?

Funnily enough,

Summary

I found an (intentional?) infinite chest with Speedwings on chapter 18 iirc (the one with a secret shop), I opened it and by selling the Speedwings (and with help of the Silver Card) bought a ton of Guiding Rings, Knight and Hero Crests

And so far the only Orion Bolt user was Sue, but I need 2 EWs for both Heath and Thea

Also how do I blur text?

That was fixed with the last patch

There’s an option that says blur spoilers, below Hide Details

Infinite Chest bug

In chapter 8, you can open the chest that contains the barrier staff multiple times


1 Like

This hack seems fun, but the bugs and sudden changes during the first maps really hamper the enjoyment. I’m at chapter 4, I rescued the girl you’re supposed to take it to the inn, but I can’t drop her, and every time I try to take her with other units the game crashes

1 Like
Summary

She moves by herself, you have to escort her, not rescue her

1 Like

Thanks to everyone for the feedback! I have now replayed most events and fixed the most things I could find.

If you want to know, here are the details
  • The Citizen in chapter 4 now cannot be rescued, as intended.

  • Fixed yet another infinite chest in chapter 8… That should be the last one.

  • Fixed an issue in which Eirika wasn’t considered part of your army in chapter 13.

  • Fixed a mistake in chapter 10’s Orion’s Bolt house that magically repaired the other one

  • Fixed Bors not having a proper palette.
    This issue went unnoticed because noone actually knows how he’s supossed to look like unpromoted.

  • Also fixed Bors having shitty stats.

  • Several bosses now has new character palettes.

  • Uther now has his own custom palette!

  • Added promotion items throughout the game.

  • Fixed an issue in which chapter 12 had more Coliseums than intended.

  • Fixed Chapter 12’s houses not closing after visiting them. This game had more infinite stuff than what I thought.

  • Fixed chapter 13’s doors opening wrong.

  • Fixed chapter 14’s hard mode Pegasus Knights being the wrong class.

  • Fixed chapter 15 having a mysterious invisible vendor

  • Polished many events by giving them extra time to breathe, fixing camera movement or skipping unintended fade-to-blacks

  • Polished the dialogue yet again.

The same links work, as usual. I know it’s a hassle, and I’ve said not long ago it wasn’t worth to patch to the newer version, but if you want the most polished version of this hack consider updating!

I have no way to sugarcoat this: prepare for worse

2 Likes