[FE8] [Complete] Fire Emblem Deity Device (Animation Bug Fix Released 3/19/2022)

Where is Harold taking damage from Physical enemies when he has capped defense in later maps? I can’t seem to find that part.

1 Like

It was the last few maps. It was only certain enemies, I don’t remember off hand. But even if that wasn’t the case, plenty of others can do that job with more offense. Max had 1 less defense, but flys with 9 move. My Harlod had a whopping 9 res. He would get slaughtered so easily. The point isn’t that Harlod is bad, it’s that he is on equal footing as the others. Everyone was absolutely amazing by endgame. I maxed everyone to 20/20. Harlod was in the middle of the pack.

1 Like

Oh. Lemme think, you mean Jake? Because he was the only Physical unit besides the final boss who dealt any substantial damage.

1 Like

Mine got to 18/20. Not 20/20 maybe your Harold was screwed too.

1 Like

I mean maybe, but idk. I found everyone was phenomenal. I would alternate who I fielded based on enemy composition. To many mages, Harlod got benched. He also lacked the range of others. I just hope you tried out the rest of the roster.

1 Like

I’m putting this here for anyone who gets notifications from this thread, but the Saint’s Blood thread is up.
Saint’s Blood

Deity Device 0.R.emulator-9

(I hope changing my profile picture doesn’t throw anyone off).

4 Likes

Definitely threw me off :joy: glad to see an official thread. Time to lurk there now lol

3 Likes

Hey guys. I went back and forth on whether to put this here, eventually deciding to just go ahead with it. Anyway, on Saturday I got and accepted a job offer for something actually in my field. Over the next few weeks, I’ll be really busy with stuff related to relocating and getting into a new routine where I’ll have to find time for stuff like hacking. So I might not be very responsive over the next few weeks, and it will probably be awhile before I make much significant progress on any of my projects. I’m not saying I’ll be disappearing from here or cancelling my hacks (I’m sure I’d go nuts without a creative outlet). It just might be some time before I have much time for FE stuff again.

I really appreciate all of the support my project has gotten. Across all versions, there have been over 2000 clicks on Deity Device, which really blows my mind. Those numbers are probably small potatoes compared to a lot of things on the internet. But for a project in a smallish community with no real promotion campaign to speak of, it makes me feel like I did something worthwhile.

Anyway, if you’re a fan of Deity Device and haven’t checked out the Saint’s Blood thread yet, consider scrolling up to my previous post or the OP for the link and checking it out.

8 Likes

I had wanted to put something like this out to commemorate the first of 2000 clicks or the one-year anniversary of first posting the game, but I was much too busy. Now the current version alone is creeping up on 2000, so it seems fair to post this. Don’t click on the spoiler if you haven’t finished the game.

Thanks for Playing

15 Likes

hey man I’ve been playing so after finishing part 1 I tried to do what you said but it just doesn’t wants to work (sorry if this bothers you,also the writing is darn good).

2 Likes

Hey there, thanks for playing.

Are you having trouble transferring your save to Part 2?

Make sure that you applied the Part 2 Patch to a clean FE8.gba and not to the same .gba that you applied the Part 1 Patch to.

Also, make sure that the .gba and .sav have exactly the same name other than the file extension. If you haven’t already, you may want to enable file extension display in your computer’s file explorer to make sure one file or the other doesn’t actually have a name like “Deity Device Part 2.sav.sav”.

As long as the .gba and .sav are in the same folder and have the same name it should work. You may also want to copy and paste one file’s name as the other’s name just to be sure there isn’t a stray text character preventing the emulator from loading them together. It should look like this:

I hope that helps.

1 Like

oh thank you for all the effort but I’m on a mobile.(but I’ll give it a shot)

1 Like

I went on Z archiver entered the myboy (the emulator im playing on) folder,then entered the save folder and:

so now what should I do?

1 Like

The .sav you were using in Part 1 should be renamed to match the .gba that has the Part 2 Patch applied to it. If you booted Part 2 in the emulator without renaming the .sav to match Part 2, the emulator will have probably generated a .sav for Part 2 (I’m assuming at this point; I’ve never used a mobile emulator). If that’s the case, you should delete that Part 2 .sav so that the emulator will load your renamed Part 1 .sav with Part 2.

And make sure that that the .sav that you want to transfer to Part 2 has a save file at Chapter 11.

2 Likes

I’m on mobile too, but using Retroarch. In any case I just copied a clean FE8U rom so I had three copies and applied each part patch to each one. Named them Deity Device (the part number). After completing part 1, I copied the .sav that was named Deity Device 1 and named the copy Deity Device 2 to match with my Deity Device 2 rom. Then I added another copy of the part 1 save and .bak to the end of the filename for the original part 1 save just in case. After all this, I opened Deity Device 2.gba and it had the freshly completed part 1 save ready to go with Restart Chapter.

3 Likes

ayo,it worked thanks dude I really appreciate it.

2 Likes

hey perma haven’t been playing for a while I last played up to maybe…ch17? dont really know :sweat_smile: also in the sidequest in which lucy and vincent rejoin,those ghost thingy’s when fighting them there is a dialogue on the upper left that says:
mommy daddy help me,why is nobody coming to help me! atleast that’s what I remember (and it scared the hell out of me lol) also melony doesn’t has a fighting dialogue but has a dialogue when she dies,is that intentional?

2 Likes

There is dialogue for if Cosette fights Melony but no generic pre-fight dialogue.

2 Likes

oh,nice I got it thanks.

2 Likes

Flash back to FE7 ch14,false friends

2 Likes