[FE8] [Removed by Author] Fire Emblem Deity Device

good luck with your project

3 Likes

Done with p2:

Chapters are kinda hard or easy depending upon how you play it.

last second main chapter is similar to ch 9 in patterm but that’s my thoughts I guess.

Adelle needs a huge buff imo, ranger seems like a good choice but vincent gets a brave 6 range bow and virtually hits everything for effective damage, chip isn’t bad I guess but still the reason I’m disappointed with Adelle being bad is every unit has a use in atleast a few chapters even your knight Harold has some uses for the earlier parts of p2, Lucy is way better than her with prf weapons, skills and a huge level lead since most people will likely use her, her high crit is emulated by Carson who has more than enough uses, range, bulk to take hits later on and infinite use 5 range weapons. Storywise she wants to be a swordmaster but branched promotion can push her to ranger slightly affecting the gameplay story integration (but ye you can alaways go swordmaster so it’s not a big deal).

I love the story and how it shows all the cast, and how it affects them.

gameplay story integration is brilliant as always especially with Carson.

I like how gaidens show different povs and are mostly breather maps in generals.

units:

Vesta: dancer, powerstaff and physic/10, also blood and white tide means she gives extra offense, use her.

Nathan: He gets infinite use ice and utility spells, he’s pretty good, infinite use restore and boon alone is worth deploying him as status bait and ice spells pretty much kill most mages.

Lailah: Pretty good and takes hits but slow unless

Carson: Starts good, is kinda balanced until promotion, becomes broken with steroids post promotion, I put a robe for more tanking, and he probably needs a barrier to tank mages early on, he even gets galeforce which means he’ll likely kiĺl twice on each turn easily snowballing into oblivion. also has one con for story gameplay integration which limits his A.S until story based promotion. he gets astra post promotion to flex on how bad Adelle is.

Cosette: kinda similar to Carson offense wise but gets a luna tome, also aleorc

Walter: Status staves but good once he starts leveling up.

Harold: Provoke bot, far shield, barrier and javelin probably takes care of some mages but I honestly didn’t need provoke later on since the mage lords get op. probably gets wary fighter post promotion.

Max: I didn’t use him a lot but I imagine that a flying unit is pretty decent even tho he dies to two magic hits

Vincent: effective bows and preferred brave bow go brr

Helen: pretty decent with high range tomes amd mount, you probably want to have her promoted asap in p2 if you didn’t promote her in p1, extra mov is kinda nice.

Luke: probably promote him immediately he can finally attack and heal, healing alone makes him a must deploy. gets hammerne at the end of p2 so you can imagine the havoc he might cause in p3.

Lucy: you probably gave her a few levels I hope, 20/x Lucy is amazing and literally invalidates Harold for p2 through dodge tanking, flexing on adelle/10. also theif utility is nice.

Olga: same as p1, magekiller/10 gets crit +15 if promoted.

Bertram: Gold knight is pretty good but lowish res kinda hurts him in p2.

Ivan: joins in penulimate chapter combat is ok bit no 4 to 5 range and average mov leaves him behind and also you don’t have slots…

Arachne: same as p1 but she joins in the last two chapters and Callista can literally solo the gaiden chapter she’s in.

Gregory: Aura is nice Ig, but ye I gave him a robe and a body ring so bulk performance might vary but he’s pretty good to have around.

Mince: Est archetype, I imagine that she’ll be a glass cannon flying nuke once he starts to snowball.

Callista: Promotion and her story puts her on steroids can probably nuke most enemies beore they even get a chance to attack, bows having more than 4 range are safe from her wrath.

Victor: I honestly didn’t use him a lot because rescue drops Ig.

Adelle: explained already. needs a huge buff bulk and offense wise.

Orville: His recover staff doesn’t recharge just make sure that you don’t use it up in p2. otherwise he’s fairly flexible… bring him if you want ig.

3 Likes

I don’t personally consider bertram with bows since he gets an upgraded personal and orville has much better use with his tomes and mystletainn.

Adelle, dragon rider guy, and knight man (can’t remember names) are really the only units you have with a good amount of freedom with weapon choices.

1 Like

how does Genevieve promote?

1 Like

Have to reach her gaiden chapter.

1 Like

also extra p2 thoughts, after checking Orville’s promotion it kinda sucks that it’s locked behind a conplex set of conditions…

is the talk convo the support one for 20x?

1 Like

I’m not really sure what you’re asking here. If Orville is at least level 15 at the start of Chapter 21x, it will unlock a Talk convo between him and Luke that will unlock Chapter 21xx.

1 Like

I see, the guide on the google drive mentions that the convo is on 20x

1 Like

adelle level 20
I got Adelle to 20

1 Like

adelle level 20 72 turns later
after 72 turns of dodge tanking.

paragon sword is the mvp

4 Likes

The story is very immersive and I enjoyed every minute of it.

5 Likes

Thank you. I’m glad you enjoyed it.

1 Like

I finished the game,

compared to Erdus and Rhine, the Flagross and the Wind empire were given relatively less attention but it still fits the pace, so no worries Ig. Glenn gets what he deserves tho if he deserved everything idk. The bad guy isn’t surprising since you’re likely gathering clues and upon closer observation it kinda becomes obvious, the build to it is pretty good.

The last boss is fitting given the goals of the protagonist. It was an interesting final map if not
a massive map.

monsters are used pretty creatively and even tho the final maps aren’t well GBA optimized it kinda fit in and savestates exists in an emulator so use them I guess.

The gameplay kinda evolves to the point where even Carson with forsetti kinda died and he has max evade and infinite mana… luckily charisma, supports and provoke exists…

The gameplay kinda reminds me of what thracia might be with massive magic and geneaĺogy size maps.

You get very few new units in p3.

Genevieve: Your rescue bot/Warp bot if you promote her, basically utility/10 she can also summon stuff and has an extra 20 def with her only offense tome

Cecily: she’s est on steroids still relies on her gaiden to get past abysmal bases but I imagine charisma will push her accuracy to 60 to 80 at base if you’re using Helen, Orville and Luke, once she gets going she’s a player phase nuke with remove being potentially broken since it can proc multiple times(rigging that would be fun ltc moments).

Orville: joins in p2, but if he promotes he’ll probably be one of the most versatile units overall especially since hammerne has 5 charges every chapter and even then I didn’t need to use hammerne on one of his items. if he doesn’t promote well he’s a worse healer with charisma.

Vesta: Infinite physic and fortify is fun with powerstaff you probably don’t need a healer.

Nathan: he promotes and get crystal rain and inferno both are handy spella and his ulinate ice spell is guranteed to one shot anything weak to it.

Carson: He gets forsetti if you trigger Orville’s promotion and trigger those events and he’s pretty dodgy with it until leadership stars arrive, he’s literally your best unit offense wise.

Bertram and Olga: get their op weapons and they’ll be ok Ig.

Callista: gets a 1-10 range tome with +10 magic the memes with it are legendary.

Walter: promote him for summons.

Luke: you probably won’t need healing a lot but his other utilities are nice to have like charisma, rescue bot, hammerne and so on.

Cosette: Gets Tidal wave if you trigger her events.

Midge: nuke/10

Harold: He’s pretty handy since the enemy density in certain maps are sky high

Vincent: heavily relies on his preferred brave bow but he’s probably decent chip otherwise.

Helen: range and charisma.

Magic units really dominate the game which is fine I guess but I wish that I could use more physical units besides orville, bertram, lucy and Vincent.

Overall I think that part 3 was fun tho you can cheese it in so many ways you’d probably do it to save yourself the frustration. I’d definitely recommend it to most people tho it might irk players focused on player phase games

3 Likes
About Harold

Deity Device Part 3-45
I gotta say, Harold sure is… uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh really fucking great.
Deity Device Part 3-46
His power is obscene, and placing him next to Vesta basically midigates his low speed, and makes his damage output through the roof.
Deity Device Part 3-47
Deity Device Part 3-48
I mean sure, when compared to others like Carson or Cosette he doesn’t seem that great, but with how large the enemy density is in some cases, just having an as Doc on the discord said last night: “Humvee Tank.”; that can just bork most enemies whilst taking minimal damage is a godsend on the battlefield. This is not a call to nerf him, this is more so just my thoughts on him.

1 Like

Harold is an actual useful general. He is awesome, not broken just perfect.

1 Like

No, he is quite broken, you just need to use him correctly, you see, it all starts in chapter 17…

2 Likes

I got him to 20/20, he was incredibly useful. But that doesn’t make him broken. You used boots on him, I did not. Mine also had less speed. If Harlod is broken, then everyone is. And if everyone is, no one is.

1 Like

… The boots helped to contribute. But nothing can convince me otherwise that Harold is the best unit in the game. Enemy density is too large to ignore how massive his contributions are.

1 Like

He gets slaughtered by mages quite easily. And magic has a lot of range. I’m not trying to downplay his usefulness, he was a must on physically dense areas. But that’s not broken, Genevieve is is a better tank late game. Harlod takes damage even with capped defense in the later maps. It’s not hard for him to get overwhelmed. He has to have a support system like any other unit.

1 Like

Where is Harold taking damage from Physical enemies when he has capped defense in later maps? I can’t seem to find that part.

1 Like